Video: I'm seriously going to miss this guy

glimmerman

Reaction score
Would love to have had him for 1 more year in a lesser role and having help get the rookies and younger TE ready. Don’t be surprised if we see 82 again on the sidelines coaxhimgninna few years.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Yep, I snicker at those who think this offense is going to improve next year. Lets just hope the new crop of TE's don't get Dak killed missing a blitz pick-up.

There's hope because they don't have to live up to his Hall of Fame level of play. They only have to live up to the player he was the last few seasons, which may still be a higher level than any of them can reach.

Or to put it another way, 90-plus catches for 1,000-plus yards is more than can be realistically expected from any tight end on this roster. But 60-plus catches for fewer than 600 yards might be achievable.

As far as the blocking goes, we've had some better than Witten. We just haven't had one who is a plus blocker while also being a major receiving threat. We ultimately might have to choose between the two skills ... and most likely would lean toward the blocker because of how important the running game is.

Bleedblue1111

Reaction score
atlantacowboy said:
Yep, I snicker at those who think this offense is going to improve next year. Lets just hope the new crop of TE's don't get Dak killed missing a blitz pick-up.
Some people think real football, is like playing Madden. Jason is so perfect in his techniques in blocking/route running, that when he has one bad play, it stands out. You're right, I hope we don't have to endure mistake, after mistake now, with one being critical.

Gilbert_Gottfried

Reaction score
LOL at people getting all nostalgic now saying gonna "miss" him when most here have been crying how all he's been for several years is a progress stopper no YAC bum not playing up to his salary......and lets not forget his bone-headed false starts :mad:

Bleedblue1111

Reaction score
LOL at people getting all nostalgic now saying gonna "miss" him when most here have been crying how all he's been for several years is a progress stopper no YAC bum not playing up to his salary......and lets not forget his bone-headed false starts :mad:
"Most" is not a loud minority. Good try though. The majority think it's best if he comes back for at least one more season, including the Dallas Cowboys.

Last edited:

Doomsday101

Reaction score

I guess we are all entitled to our opinion. I don't see Witten as a progress stopper I see other TE who do not come close to what he brings to this team. He is a big part in the running game and his ability to get open and make key catches within drives is big for this team. If all we wanted was a blocker Dallas could find that, if all you want is an extra receiver lining up as a TE you can find that. Getting a guy who can do both is hard to find.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Btw if someone takes a hit like that now there will be multiple flags and penalties and fines.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Would love to have had him for 1 more year in a lesser role and having help get the rookies and younger TE ready. Don’t be surprised if we see 82 again on the sidelines coaxhimgninna few years.
The problem with Witt is he never wanted to help out the younger players. It's pretty much a known thing that Witt does not mentor or help the younger TE's. The only help they get from him is watching him.

glimmerman

Reaction score
The problem with Witt is he never wanted to help out the younger players. It's pretty much a known thing that Witt does not mentor or help the younger TE's. The only help they get from him is watching him.
Heard that and he wouldn’t come off the field. You have to blame your staff for that. I guess it’s like letting your QB after some years call some of his own plays.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

I’d be a fool if I don’t, right?” Swaim said. “He’s a Hall of Famer and I’ve watched him since I was in middle school. Seriously. And I’ve learned so much from him just by following him around at practice and picking his brain a little bit. He’s been so gracious to help me because he doesn’t have to. He doesn’t have to do that stuff. But he does and that’s been real beneficial to me.”

http://www.espn.com/blog/dallas-cow...m-is-no-fool-hes-doing-what-jason-witten-does

The guy who started that was Martellus Bennett, who said Witten never helped him given the piss poor attitude of Bennett I could understand if Witten wanted nothing to do with that bonehead