Video: I'm seriously going to miss this guy

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Bennett might not be as good as witten consistently, but he did earn a pro bowl nod for his 2014 season. So he wasn't a straight bum. Like I said Bennett was not a jerk in the locker room. You can't find anything to say otherwise when I gave you an article of teammates thinking that and being proven wrong. Glad The Romo/Witten era is over.

Was not hard to find

week removed from the Martellus Bennett melodrama, the veteran Green Bay Packers center trotted out the sound bite many of his brethren have uttered during the past several days.

“We’re only concerned about the people in this locker room,” he said.

And Linsley meant it — though he said so with a smile.

Because here’s the thing about the party line: It’s true. The Packers are focused on Sunday’s game against the Baltimore Ravens and on those who remain here to play in it. While Bennett happily continues his football career with the New England Patriots, following his seemingly miraculous recovery from a shoulder injury he claims he intended to have surgically repaired before Green Bay cut him with a “failure to disclose a medical condition” designation, the Packers have work to do.

But at least for some players, the fact that they believe Bennett quit on them when times got tough without injured quarterback Aaron Rodgers has actually brought the team closer together.

“From our perspective,” Linsley said, “it’s an even greater reason for us to hunker down and say, ‘This is our family. This is our locker room.’ And take more ownership of it.”

http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/...cle_6619de8a-9dff-5422-aa51-d5f334af8867.html

Guy quits on his team, real class act. Yet we have people slamming a player who missed 1 game in 15 years and laid it on the line for this team? Wow

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Was not hard to find

week removed from the Martellus Bennett melodrama, the veteran Green Bay Packers center trotted out the sound bite many of his brethren have uttered during the past several days.

“We’re only concerned about the people in this locker room,” he said.

And Linsley meant it — though he said so with a smile.

Because here’s the thing about the party line: It’s true. The Packers are focused on Sunday’s game against the Baltimore Ravens and on those who remain here to play in it. While Bennett happily continues his football career with the New England Patriots, following his seemingly miraculous recovery from a shoulder injury he claims he intended to have surgically repaired before Green Bay cut him with a “failure to disclose a medical condition” designation, the Packers have work to do.

But at least for some players, the fact that they believe Bennett quit on them when times got tough without injured quarterback Aaron Rodgers has actually brought the team closer together.

“From our perspective,” Linsley said, “it’s an even greater reason for us to hunker down and say, ‘This is our family. This is our locker room.’ And take more ownership of it.”

http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/...cle_6619de8a-9dff-5422-aa51-d5f334af8867.html

Guy quits on his team, real class act. Yet we have people slamming a player who missed 1 game in 15 years and laid it on the line for this team? Wow
not slamming a player just calling it for what it is. He might have did the packers front office dirty by not disclosing an injury, but that doesn't mean he was a jerk to his teammates on a personal level. It was time for Witten to go. Our weak coaching staff couldn't stand up to him and make him hang out on the bench for a few plays here and there to try new wrinkles in the offense or get other players on the field. I will always respect Witt's game and work ethic. I did not like his buddy buddy thing with Romo and his selfish approach to playing time and snaps.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I actually think Bennett was capable of a lot more than he has actually produced. I think the guy is a mental midget
If only he brown nosed garrett more he could've become a "Garrett Guy". Maybe he had too much pride for that and I don't blame him.

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
Romo retired. They cut Ware and Emmitt a year or two too late.
Yet Ware and Emmitt had productive seasons after being cut. And Romo was going to be released had he not retired, and you know that so try not to be disingenuous

Ccijcladac

Reaction score
Yeh following him around and asking him what he ate for lunch is really taking the time to help the young guys. Witten has never been that guy and will never be that guy for this team. What do you expect Swaim to say to the media. I follow Witten around like a lost dog and he ignores me?
It's a denial problem that they suffer from king. A defense mechanism to avert the truth. I like 82 as well as millions of Cowboys fans do. I recruited him coming out that draft that year. But that doesn't mean he doesn't have flaws. He does & to what ur speaking of, ur correct.

All TE's have hinted, suggested, implied that Jason is guilty of this behavior. To try& contradict this claim goes to what I've always said & said earlier " it's plausible deniability" u cut thru the bull-blank& red tape of it all& see it for what it's worth. it's self evident..

I don't wish no ill will on the man& may his future endeavors be as successful as his playing career. Nevertheless he can drop his jersey & pads in the equipment room. If we're going in a new direction & wanna rid this young talented football team of the previous regime's energy. Zap this little bit of cancer left in the lymph node. Allow him to retire& the organization to be cancer free. It's a healthy way of beginning a new;'-)

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
It's a denial problem that they suffer from king. A defense mechanism to avert the truth. I like 82 as well as millions of Cowboys fans do. I recruited him coming out that draft that year. But that doesn't mean he doesn't have flaws. He does & to what ur speaking of, ur correct.

All TE's have hinted, suggested, implied that Jason is guilty of this behavior. To try& contradict this claim goes to what I've always said & said earlier " it's plausible deniability" u cut thru the bull-blank& red tape of it all& see it for what it's worth. it's self evident..

I don't wish no ill will on the man& may his future endeavors be as successful as his playing career. Nevertheless he can drop his jersey & pads in the equipment room. If we're going in a new direction & wanna rid this young talented football team of the previous regime's energy. Zap this little bit of cancer left in the lymph node. Allow him to retire& the organization to be cancer free. It's a healthy way of beginning a new;'-)
Garrett is the last of the era that I can't wait to forget about.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Good riddance. He was part of the losing culture here. Some fans(Sarcasm )

Doomsday101

Reaction score
not slamming a player just calling it for what it is. He might have did the packers front office dirty by not disclosing an injury, but that doesn't mean he was a jerk to his teammates on a personal level. It was time for Witten to go. Our weak coaching staff couldn't stand up to him and make him hang out on the bench for a few plays here and there to try new wrinkles in the offense or get other players on the field. I will always respect Witt's game and work ethic. I did not like his buddy buddy thing with Romo and his selfish approach to playing time and snaps.

he quite on them, he gets released and magically his shoulder is healed and he can now play? give me a break. The guy is a looser and because he got his panties in a wad in Dallas he goes after Witten. He is the one that claimed Witten would not help him yet others seem to have a different view. Yeah Witten is selfish, played through a broken jaw, lacerated spleen and various other injuries he was there for his team, myself I call it dedicated and giving it your all. Hell I wish more would be like him

Ccijcladac

Reaction score
Garrett is the last of the era that I can't wait to forget about.
Righteous but somehow that maybe become more difficult than exiting the players. After all the owner adores him& I've always felt that we we're going to have to win in spite of Garrett. I've known Garrett his whole career (playing & coaching) there has never been a moment where I thought " Hey this guy is awesome, we need him to be part of our team in some capacity. NEVER!!!

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
he quite on them, he gets released and magically his shoulder is healed and he can now play? give me a break. The guy is a looser and because he got his panties in a wad in Dallas he goes after Witten. He is the one that claimed Witten would not help him yet others seem to have a different view. Yeah Witten is selfish, played through a broken jaw, lacerated spleen and various other injuries he was there for his team, myself I call it dedicated and giving it your all. Hell I wish more would be like him
Jason's dedication and work ethic are legendary. But just like how he blindsided the team with his retirement just shows he was selfish when it comes to the team.

Ccijcladac

Reaction score
Jason's dedication and work ethic are legendary. But just like how he blindsided the team with his retirement just shows he was selfish when it comes to the team.
No no no no.no nooo..king....u know u can't hit these people with the truth around here..that's sacrilegious!....the whole" plausible deniability" aspect kicks in& well let's just put it like this. If the truth is uncomfortable..then they must take measures to deny the truth. & Coming up with excuses or reasons to deny truth brings back the whole " PA" theory& it gets convoluted.

Don't let me lose you, I'm not trying to confuse you in my em voice;'-)