Video: I'm seriously going to miss this guy

Carson

Reaction score
It’s like when you get dumped.

You miss the person they were, not who they’ve become!

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Yep, I snicker at those who think this offense is going to improve next year. Lets just hope the new crop of TE's don't get Dak killed missing a blitz pick-up.
Bet you said that about the secondary last season, didn't you?

GMO415

Reaction score
He's my favorite player but it's time. Wish him all the best.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Jason's dedication and work ethic are legendary. But just like how he blindsided the team with his retirement just shows he was selfish when it comes to the team.

I don't know how much of a blindside it was, He was approached by networks in March

Despite having signed a four-year extension in March 2017 and saying he planned to play beyond this season, Witten has been engaged in talks to become a game analyst with multiple networks, including ESPN, for several weeks, sources said.

Sources say Jones has been in the loop for a couple of weeks as to the possibility Witten could leave for such a job.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ndering-joining-monday-night-football-analyst

I think this is a hard call for Witten which is why he has not come out and said anything.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yet Ware and Emmitt had productive seasons after being cut. And Romo was going to be released had he not retired, and you know that so try not to be disingenuous
My point is....Romo retired and it was probably time a let go of him at this point. His body was fragile when we signed him to that's big deal.

I recal Emmitt looking bad for Arizona. Ware was a solid guy but he wasn't worthy of the money he was being paid. He was past his prime when we let him go.

Ccijcladac

Reaction score
he quite on them, he gets released and magically his shoulder is healed and he can now play? give me a break. The guy is a looser and because he got his panties in a wad in Dallas he goes after Witten. He is the one that claimed Witten would not help him yet others seem to have a different view. Yeah Witten is selfish, played through a broken jaw, lacerated spleen and various other injuries he was there for his team, myself I call it dedicated and giving it your all. Hell I wish more would be like him
Not to be a smart aleck but he's actually a winner according to sports take on it& Witten is not. Witten has never played in a Championship round let alone a Superbowl. Bennett has, multiple times so to shoot down that theroy he's not a winner is not correct. Unless ur talking bout him as a person & that's flawed because how can u say he's a loser if u never met him or interacted with him..& if ur basing it off what a video clip shows then that Speaks more about u then him but feel as u will just be factual in what ur talking bout because Witten is the loser in sports terms. In real life, I don't know the man so I won't condemn him for what's shown to me of him. Idk I just think that's just fair

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Well he hasn’t decided yet. So we may still have one more season,and I’d really feel more comfortable in the TE transition if he did play just one more time. I don’t trust the others enough yet,to be on the field week in and week out. Swaim and Rico haven’t shown the ability to stay on the field,and the other 2 are new. This Schultz kid I kinda like,and think he’d benefit the most under Witten,absorbing the most of from Witten out of the group. And yes that play N E V E R gets old....looool

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Not to be a smart aleck but he's actually a winner according to sports take on it& Witten is not. Witten has never played in a Championship round let alone a Superbowl. Bennett has, multiple times so to shoot down that theroy he's not a winner is not correct. Unless ur talking bout him as a person & that's flawed because how can u say he's a loser if u never met him or interacted with him..& if ur basing it off what a video clip shows then that Speaks more about u then him but feel as u will just be factual in what ur talking bout because Witten is the loser in sports terms. In real life, I don't know the man so I won't condemn him for what's shown to me of him. Idk I just think that's just fair

teams win championships and great players do not quit on their teams.

Ccijcladac

Reaction score
teams win championships and great players do not quit on their teams.
Or retire on them unexpectedly but I catch ur drift tho dooms. Ijs man it's a double standard & it's convenient to say bad things about Bennett but yet don't have a ink of criticism about Witten. Very American of u& the peanut gallery that follows

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
My point is....Romo retired and it was probably time a let go of him at this point. His body was fragile when we signed him to that's big deal.

I recal Emmitt looking bad for Arizona. Ware was a solid guy but he wasn't worthy of the money he was being paid. He was past his prime when we let him go.
And each of them contradict your loyalty theory.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Or retire on them unexpectedly but I catch ur drift tho dooms. Ijs man it's a double standard & it's convenient to say bad things about Bennett but yet don't have a ink of criticism about Witten. Very American of u& the peanut gallery that follows

Reason Bennett was even mentioned in this thread was because it was him who proclaimed Witten would not help him and that is suppose to be gospel? lol I was then told what a great teammate Bennett was and challenged to find anyone who said different, it took no time to see how the Packer players felt when he quit on them, claiming an injury as to why he could not play yet plays the following week after being released.

Witten has given all to his teams, he is looked at as a leader on and off the field. He has missed 1 game his entire career (rookie season, broken Jaw) there is a reason the Cowboys continue to say they want him and willing to give him time. That says a lot about how this franchise views Jason Witten

Ccijcladac

Reaction score
Reason Bennett was even mentioned in this thread was because it was him who proclaimed Witten would not help him and that is suppose to be gospel? lol I was then told what a great teammate Bennett was and challenged to find anyone who said different, it took no time to see how the Packer players felt when he quit on them, claiming an injury as to why he could not play yet plays the following week after being released.

Witten has given all to his teams, he is looked at as a leader on and off the field. He has missed 1 game his entire career (rookie season, broken Jaw) there is a reason the Cowboys continue to say they want him and willing to give him time. That says a lot about how this franchise views Jason Witten
Your right about how the franchise views him but that's more to the point of what I was saying. The fact that he's a Garrett Guy & has had power & cache to have players removed from the team speaks to why this organization wants him back. He's their mole& he's had quote unquote success in being their mole. Any establishment that has them circumstances in place would want that to continue. This is one of the reasons I feel he has to go for...

They don't wanna bring him back for his production. Those numbers can be eclipsed by a 2nd round Tight end. Bone headed false starts. Holding on plays that would have been successful or touchdowns ( the Jets game comes to my mind) if he did not hold the guy who was out of the play anyway. The no athleticism & ability to get anything after the 5 yard catch man is not that hard to replace. & The whole leader thing is comical & is a narrative that media people speak to& I'm not necessarily saying he isn't but if he were one as the populis proclaim then what did he actually lead us too.

That narrative is really in the eyes of the beholder because all these great things we can say about Witten we could & maybe should say about Flozell the hotel Adams but then again that wouldn't be prudent & wouldn't be the American way ha?!? ...
I said this to the homie Hennessy King " "plausible deniability" its a real real thing man I'm not just making it up;'-)

Ccijcladac

Reaction score
I'll miss everything but the last three years, he's been holding us back.
What if I said " Cancer in the locker room" & "cancer in the practice room" " cancer in the meeting room" would that be fair?!? Whatever cancer he is I just would like radiation to rid ourselves of it. Just thinking out healthy;'-)

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Your right about how the franchise views him but that's more to the point of what I was saying. The fact that he's a Garrett Guy & has had power & cache to have players removed from the team speaks to why this organization wants him back. He's their mole& he's had quote unquote success in being their mole. Any establishment that has them circumstances in place would want that to continue. This is one of the reasons I feel he has to go for...

They don't wanna bring him back for his production. Those numbers can be eclipsed by a 2nd round Tight end. Bone headed false starts. Holding on plays that would have been successful or touchdowns ( the Jets game comes to my mind) if he did not hold the guy who was out of the play anyway. The no athleticism & ability to get anything after the 5 yard catch man is not that hard to replace. & The whole leader thing is comical & is a narrative that media people speak to& I'm not necessarily saying he isn't but if he were one as the populis proclaim then what did he actually lead us too.

That narrative is really in the eyes of the beholder because all these great things we can say about Witten we could & maybe should say about Flozell the hotel Adams but then again that wouldn't be prudent & wouldn't be the American way ha?!? ...
I said this to the homie Hennessy King " "plausible deniability" its a real real thing man I'm not just making it up;'-)

and was a Parcells guy before that. Yes he is what coaches look for in a player, a man dedicated who plays hard every time he hits the field. He is a player they could count on. As for replacing him there are very few all around TE in the league guys who can seal off the edge in blocking for the run game as well as getting open and making the plays. Romo damn sure knew it that when he got in trouble or needed the chains moved that Witten would be where he was supposed to be and make the catch.

Ccijcladac

Reaction score
and was a Parcells guy before that. Yes he is what coaches look for in a player, a man dedicated who plays hard every time he hits the field. He is a player they could count on. As for replacing him there are very few all around TE in the league guys who can seal off the edge in blocking for the run game as well as getting open and making the plays. Romo damn sure knew it that when he got in trouble or needed the chains moved that Witten would be where he was supposed to be and make the catch.
Considering it was no more than 7 yards I figure. He didn't have the athleticism & skillsset to be anywhere else on the field but right by Romo catching a 6yard catch on 3rd&9. T.O. spoke to this over a decade ago,but u Kno how they view those types of receivers & how they view Witten. The message was lost& not conveyed. Their not using the same paintbrush to display their art young fella trust me on that. Look man I watched Witt his whole career. He was never the best TE in the league@ any point in his long career but as I said whatever fits the narrative then they go with hence us now;'-)

Hennessy_King

Reaction score

Keeping it 100 with this post. The guy would have this locker room divided. No one wants to be around a snitch boi. Or "Garrett Guy". Anyone who has worked with one knows how stressful and divisive it can be. Last 3 years his production has declined to below average according to PFF. Hope he takes the job. It upsets me the team can let aikman retire because of bad coaching or get rid of emmitt when he still has some left in the tank, but want to praise and worship romo and witten. Makes me sick.

Gilbert_Gottfried

Reaction score
Keeping it 100 with this post. The guy would have this locker room divided. No one wants to be around a snitch boi. Or "Garrett Guy". Anyone who has worked with one knows how stressful and divisive it can be. Last 3 years his production has declined to below average according to PFF. Hope he takes the job. It upsets me the team can let aikman retire because of bad coaching or get rid of emmitt when he still has some left in the tank, but want to praise and worship romo and witten. Makes me sick.

So glad the buddy buddy Romo-Witten era is no more. T.O. and Dez saw right through Witten. Some of us fans see right through Witten too. Most fans want to believe he's Captain America and some "leader." :mad: