Video: I'm seriously going to miss this guy

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
He's still the best TE on the roster and it's not even close. Time to find out what the youngsters can do. No since putting it off.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Heard that and he wouldn’t come off the field. You have to blame your staff for that. I guess it’s like letting your QB after some years call some of his own plays.
Has nothing to do with coming off the field. It's been expressed from tight ends in the past he does not help any tight ends.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I’d be a fool if I don’t, right?” Swaim said. “He’s a Hall of Famer and I’ve watched him since I was in middle school. Seriously. And I’ve learned so much from him just by following him around at practice and picking his brain a little bit. He’s been so gracious to help me because he doesn’t have to. He doesn’t have to do that stuff. But he does and that’s been real beneficial to me.”

http://www.espn.com/blog/dallas-cow...m-is-no-fool-hes-doing-what-jason-witten-does

The guy who started that was Martellus Bennett, who said Witten never helped him given the piss poor attitude of Bennett I could understand if Witten wanted nothing to do with that bonehead
Yeh following him around and asking him what he ate for lunch is really taking the time to help the young guys. Witten has never been that guy and will never be that guy for this team. What do you expect Swaim to say to the media. I follow Witten around like a lost dog and he ignores me?

Gilbert_Gottfried

Reaction score
It is well-known Witten DOES NOT help young tight ends nor did he ever want them to get reps. That's called selfish. He just fooled people :mad:

Last edited:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Yeh following him around and asking him what he ate for lunch is really taking the time to help the young guys. Witten has never been that guy and will never be that guy for this team. What do you expect Swaim to say to the media. I follow Witten around like a lost dog and he ignores me?

You want to take Bennett word fine, Swaim seems to have a different take. Bennett is a complete Jerk which is why he is on his 4th team.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I’d be a fool if I don’t, right?” Swaim said. “He’s a Hall of Famer and I’ve watched him since I was in middle school. Seriously. And I’ve learned so much from him just by following him around at practice and picking his brain a little bit. He’s been so gracious to help me because he doesn’t have to. He doesn’t have to do that stuff. But he does and that’s been real beneficial to me.”

http://www.espn.com/blog/dallas-cow...m-is-no-fool-hes-doing-what-jason-witten-does

The guy who started that was Martellus Bennett, who said Witten never helped him given the piss poor attitude of Bennett I could understand if Witten wanted nothing to do with that bonehead

Lee sits with Jaylon and goes over film. He helps him train in the offseason, works with him after practice. Carr used to invite the corners over to his house, have dinner with his family and go over film at the Star too.

Witten let Swaim follow him around practice -like he had a choice- and the Swaim makes excuses for him.

Witten embraced the role of team enforcer getting on people's *** when they were dogging it. He never was known for helping out the guys in his position group. He throws tantrums if you take him off the field.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Lee sits with Jaylon and goes over film. He helps him train in the offseason, works with him after practice. Carr used to invite the corners over to his house, have dinner with his family and go over film at the Star too.

Witten let Swaim follow him around practice -like he had a choice- and the Swaim makes excuses for him.

Witten embraced the role of team enforcer getting on people's *** when they were dogging it. He never was known for helping out the guys in his position group. He throws tantrums if you take him off the field.
Thanks Fuzzy. Witten was probably the most selfish guy on the team. "Garrett Guy" lol.

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
Witten never came off the field because he was the best TE on the team. Even last year. He had value as a lead by example type. Not a take someone under his wing type. And that's fine.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You are really going to be missing him this year when our Tight Ends go for about 300 yards and 2 TD's for the season.
Well....that's probably what Witten would've done this year anyway at his age. Hopefully it means more 4 receiver sets and getting Zeke involved into the passing game.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Witten never came off the field because he was the best TE on the team. Even last year. He had value as a lead by example type. Not a take someone under his wing type. And that's fine.
Never came off the field because of the loyalty this organization had to him. Cowboys should've pulled his snaps back just to see what we had in other guys. Now we have no idea and he's retired.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
Never came off the field because of the loyalty this organization had to him. Cowboys should've pulled his snaps back just to see what we had in other guys. Now we have no idea and he's retired.
I don't buy the loyalty angle. It only goes so far. This is the organization that cut Emmitt, Ware and Romo. The evidence doesn't support that theory.

Gilbert_Gottfried

Reaction score
I'm seriously going to enjoy the extra salary cap space and younger athletic TE's getting playing time :mad:

Bleedblue1111

Reaction score
I can't believe the NFL allows networks to actively recruit contracted players. Seems like a serious conflict of interest to me.
:huh:

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
As I said you can buy into Bennett fine, the guy could not carry Witten jock. You would think by now he would learn to be a great TE yet still has not come close
Bennett might not be as good as witten consistently, but he did earn a pro bowl nod for his 2014 season. So he wasn't a straight bum. Like I said Bennett was not a jerk in the locker room. You can't find anything to say otherwise when I gave you an article of teammates thinking that and being proven wrong. Glad The Romo/Witten era is over.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Every Great Player has a signature moment. That is definitely JW's. As signature moments go, that's a pretty dang good one, I have to admit.