I'm so sick of everyone giving TO crap

thechosen1n2

Reaction score
RCowboyFan;2487378 said:
Sure, TO is not evil. But he is not a good guy either. When you have two team lockerooms divided by you, its not just the media.

And TO normally comes up small in big games. Its the same with Randy Moss. I have said a long time ago, a team with TO or Randy Moss will never win SB. Now, yeah,I hope I am wrong. But seems like that has chances of becoming true again.

But, really, its Jerry that is to blame. I think Jerry is getting away here. He is the chief enabler. But ax will be on Wade, and all fans and media will be happy after a new coach gets hired again, then its the same vicious cycle.

No...TO was huge in the eagles patriots superbowl, and if the come up small in big games its because defenses scheme to let others beat them. Therfore it should be opened up for everyone.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Boysboy;2487505 said:
Don't you remember that fight Steve Smith got into with one of his OWN teammates in TC, that resulted in a 2 game suspension for him??:confused:

ANd read my post, I already mentioned that when I posted about Steve Smith. Heck you have Irvin and his Scissor gate incident. I only am talking about calling out teammates in public to the media, especially his QBs and Coaches etc. And secondly, quitting on routes etc. too. There is so much to TO, than just calling out coaches or Teammates in public. And also never taking blame or rarely ever taking blame.

And personally was warming up to TO this year. But its always something with TO. Somehow trouble always finds him. And its seems to be never his fault. Not saying, everything is his fault. Yeah, Ed Werder is a weasel, no doubt about it.

Boysboy

Reaction score
RCowboyFan;2487549 said:
ANd read my post, I already mentioned that when I posted about Steve Smith. Heck you have Irvin and his Scissor gate incident. I only am talking about calling out teammates in public to the media, especially his QBs and Coaches etc. And secondly, quitting on routes etc. too. There is so much to TO, than just calling out coaches or Teammates in public. And also never taking blame or rarely ever taking blame.

And personally was warming up to TO this year. But its always something with TO. Somehow trouble always finds him. And its seems to be never his fault. Not saying, everything is his fault. Yeah, Ed Werder is a weasel, no doubt about it.

Like I said, he's not worth the trouble anymore. For the most part in his 3 year tenure, aside from the events this week, alot of it was media-made.

But media-made or not, this team doesn't need all these distractions. They don't need players where ESPN/Fox Sports cameras are following them 24/7. We don't need players where the rest of the coaches and players have to constantly answer questions about them daily.

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
Boysboy;2487556 said:
Like I said, he's not worth the trouble anymore. For the most part in his 3 year tenure, aside from the events this week, alot of it was media-made.

But media-made or not, this team doesn't need all these distractions. They don't need players where ESPN/Fox Sports cameras are following them 24/7. We don't need players where the rest of the coaches and players have to constantly answer questions about them daily.

We don't need "fans" hoping for losses either but whaddya gonna do?

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
thechosen1n2;2487548 said:
No...TO was huge in the eagles patriots superbowl, and if the come up small in big games its because defenses scheme to let others beat them. Therfore it should be opened up for everyone.

Came up Huge how? Got 100 yards or so? Thats not coming up big. Thats coming up good not huge. He wasn't as bad as Randy Moss in SB, but he didn't do anything to make the team win. If he had a TD, I would give you that he came up big.

His only huge game in Playoffs is that TD he caught against GB in San Fran. That was huge game. Plaxico had huge game when he caught the final TD. But he had big game even in NFC championship game.

IRvin was schemed against too, but he continously came big in big games. Its no secret that TO doesn't run crisp routes, just as Randy Moss doesn't. Thats the reason they don't come up big in big games, IMO. In Regualar season, you can get away with that most of the time. But when you have big games, and opposing team has really good players, you can shut him down, since he cannot beat teams with crisp routes. I could wrong about that, but thats why I think, he doesn't decent games when double teamed. Maybe because his QBs never trust him to be precise, when double teamed.

Boysboy

Reaction score
RCowboyFan;2487566 said:
Came up Huge how? Got 100 yards or so? Thats not coming up big. Thats coming up good not huge. He wasn't as bad as Randy Moss in SB, but he didn't do anything to make the team win. If he had a TD, I would give you that he came up big.

His only huge game in Playoffs is that TD he caught against GB in San Fran. That was huge game. Plaxico had huge game when he caught the final TD. But he had big game even in NFC championship game.

IRvin was schemed against too, but he continously came big in big games. Its no secret that TO doesn't run crisp routes, just as Randy Moss doesn't. Thats the reason they don't come up big in big games, IMO. In Regualar season, you can get away with that most of the time. But when you have big games, and opposing team has really good players, you can shut him down, since he cannot beat teams with crisp routes. I could wrong about that, but thats why I think, he doesn't decent games when double teamed. Maybe because his QBs never trust him to be precise, when double teamed.

Did you even SEE that game? Owens, playing on only 1 healthy ankle, was AMAZING.

Again-I'm not a supporter of his, but am just pointing out what I see.

The Panch

Reaction score
Boysboy;2487575 said:
Did you even SEE that game? Owens, playing on only 1 healthy ankle, was AMAZING.

Again-I'm not a supporter of his, but am just pointing out what I see.
Owens played well for going thru what he went thru to get back on the field, but he was mostly getting dump off passes and just getting YAC. He wasnt beating anybody deep.

Oldschool7

Benched
Reaction score
Poor victim TC.

Always a victim.

Pass me a kleenex so I can cry for our beloved cancer.

BHendri5

Reaction score
Biggems;2487264 said:
Young had a SB ring and he knew Rice was the man. BTW, from what I have heard about Rice, TO is nowhere near as bad as Jerry was. Rice would whine about touches even when the Niners would dominate. He would complain after his teammates scored that he should have gotten the ball. TO probably learned not only his work ethic from Rice, but also his whine.

As far as negative attention and press......
Steve Smith
Ocho Cinco
Chris Henry
Randy Moss before NE
Rae Carruth
Matt Jones
Chris Carter
Keyshawn Johnson
Plaxico Burress
Michael Irvin

BTW, I can't say they draw more than TO. No one does. That isn't TOs fault. That is the media's fault. Most of the guys above had some serious off field issues and were also horrible teammates. Honestly, Irvin and Carter (Minnesota) are the only two on this list who can be considered quality teammates. However, because they don't have Ed Werder digging through their garbage, bugging their homes, or chasing them around like the papparazi, they don't get the media attention TO gets.

Like I said, TO is not the perfect teammate. However, he is not nearly as devisive as some of the people above. The media is what has made him devisive. If the media didn't try to expose every single instant in his life, there would be little to nothing going on with TO. However, he is under a microscope 24/7. Lesser men would have cracked by now. I applaud him for being able to stay as composed as he has.

I will never forgive him for the Star incident. I will never be a fan of his. However, I do not consider him to be the evil, manipulative, firestarter that the media has made him out to be. The media, ESPN, is far more to blame for most of this TO stuff, than TO is.

Plus, when some of those guys played and acted up, the media engine was not as it is today.

Good post.
Another thing, T.O. and the Dallas Cowboys, that is too juicy for the media to resist, so they flock here and hang around, waiting, and stirring up as much controversey as they can.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Biggems;2487209 said:
Seriously, off the field he is a model citizen. He doesn't get in trouble with the law. He is educated. He is a role model for physical fitness. He is a business man. He is an author. He does charity work. He works with children.

Is he a perfect teammate, NO. Does he act like a spoiled brat, YES. Is he a masculine diva, YES. He is a flippin WR. Name me a great WR who didn't act like a diva, just one......you can't. Actually, most great players period act like divas. That arrogance is part of what makes them great.

TO makes his share of mistakes when it comes to how he handles situations with his teammates and coaches. Diplomacy isn't his greatest attribute, neither is tact. However, the media, mainly the Erroneous Sports Propaganda Network, crucify the guy like he is a murderer, rapist, molestor, thief, or fixed games.....

I just don't get the agenda. But TO must love knowing that he has such power and control over all these puppets. Gapeto, I mean TO, is probably having a blast as the puppet master and Werder is his prized Pinnochio.

BTW, I am not even a TO fan...I root for him because he is a Dallas Cowboy.....but I am tired of the ignorant and foolish agenda that the national media has towards him.

Spot on! :hammer:

BHendri5

Reaction score
Rampage;2487212 said:
name me one other wr who draws more negative attention and distraction to his team, just one?

Doc, just pick a name, whatever name you pick, if he is a starter he brings drama.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
The Panch;2487579 said:
Owens played well for going thru what he went thru to get back on the field, but he was mostly getting dump off passes and just getting YAC. He wasnt beating anybody deep.

What's the difference between beating a guy deep for a 40 yard gain or catching a ball 10 yards down the field and gaining 30 more? He still did what he did right?

jem88

Reaction score
Biggems;2487209 said:
Name me a great WR who didn't act like a diva, just one......you can't.
Just off the top of my head: Isaac Bruce, Torry Holt, Tim Brown, Marvin Harrison. I'm sure there are more.

Wood

Reaction score
where i came from...guys like TO got knocked out for everyone to see and then the nonsense stopped.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
jem88;2487736 said:
Just off the top of my head: Isaac Bruce, Torry Holt, Tim Brown, Marvin Harrison. I'm sure there are more.

I see your choir boys and raise you divas...

Jerry Rice, Jerry Porter, Deion Branch, Ashley Lelie, Javon Walker, Chad Johnson, Randy Moss, MeShawn...

I'm sure there are more of those out there too.

jem88

Reaction score
Bleu Star;2487751 said:

Jerry Rice, Jerry Porter, Deion Branch, Ashley Lelie, Javon Walker, Chad Johnson, Randy Moss, MeShawn...

But that wasn't the original point. The poster asked for us to name 'just one.' I provided 4 off the top of my head. So how's it going Terrell?

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
jem88;2487752 said:
But that wasn't the original point. The poster asked for us to name 'just one.' I provided 4 off the top of my head. So how's it going Terrell?

I just felt like countering your point. It's going pretty well Jason.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Bleu Star;2487751 said:

what ever happened to him?

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score
OK, you gave your list of premadona children, here's a list of outstanding WRs who did/do their job without causing distractions:

Marvin Harrison
Jerry Rice
Tory Holt
Tim Brown
Lance Alworth
Steve Largent
Lynn Swann
Michael Irvin (had his issues off the field, but wasn't on Owen's level on the field)
Joey Galloway (not a HOFer, but a solid WR in his day)