I'm so sick of everyone giving TO crap

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
tyke1doe;2487942 said:
I missed it.

But I addressed that in my previous post. I said all elite receivers want the ball. I assume they want to change the status quo, i.e., get more balls.

However, those receivers don't go PUBLIC with their complaints. They usually keep them in-house.

What T.O. does is not only does he go public, but he insinuates that it's someone else's fault why he's not getting the ball.

Does Jerry Rice, Marvin Harrison, Torry Holt or any of the other elite receivers do that? :confused:

I missed the part where we were talking about anyone other than TO...

But just for craps n giggles.. Does Chad Johnson, Javon Walker, or Randy Moss do that?

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Bleu Star;2488109 said:
I missed the part where we were talking about anyone other than TO...

But just for craps n giggles.. Does Chad Johnson, Javon Walker, or Randy Moss do that?

Javon Walker criticized Favre NOT for his quarterbacking but because Favre stuck his business in his (Walker's) holdout and contract dispute with the Packers front office. Remember, Favre said Walker needed to be back in camp. He came back and subsequently got injured. He was not throwing Favre under the bus.

Chad Johnson hasn't thrown Carson Palmer under the bus has he? He has been very vocal about his situation, but he has also gotten extensive media coverage. But Chad is still with his original team, and he lives in Cincinnati. He has gotten as much negative press coverage as you're going to get in Cincy.

Oh, and his coach stood up to him too, and Chad backed down. The last coach who stood up to T.O. had to ship him out of town.

I already mentioned Randy Moss.

Nevertheless, thanks for the examples. :)

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
DallasEast;2487945 said:
One can only imagine how much less media attention the team would've garnered if Owens had ever contemplated embracing an extremely low profile.

perhaps he has tried on numerous occasions, but came the utter realization that no matter how much he tried to remain private and low key, the mediots would make a mountain out of all of his mole hills. maybe he decided that since he couldnt remain low profile, he might as well run with it for all its worth. i am not saying it is the direct course of action, but it is his way of dealing with the 24/7 Werder Papparazzi.