Twitter: I'm still having trouble with this 4th & 1 call

MojaveJT

Reaction score
Hate these long drawn out runs near the goal line. It literally adds an extra 5 yards Zeke has to run. Don’t get cute, take the shortest route and up the gut off a quick snap.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Another case of this coaching staff outsmarting themselves.

One overlooked stat from Sunday's 2 hour, 54 minute crap show at Indy: it was the first game all season Dak did not have a single rush attempt.

This is a 240 pound quarterback with power and the Cowboys can't sneak him for one yard? :facepalm:

GenoT

Reaction score

Right guard, Right tackle, TE1, TE2... All on the right.. and you run a dive left on 4th & 1...So cute.. :rolleyes: Shoot me now...

Bootleg?
RPO left or right?
Read option left?
RB at least takes one step right to sell it then left?
Anything?
Bueller????? Bueller????

Do your best to put it behind you and move on, since pretty much everyone else already has.

Dre11

Reaction score
That play call was dumb. There's innovation and then there's stupidity. Most people understand the fine line that exists between.

It was dumb to you because you don't know any better, they ran misdirection with the Oline, trying to get flow going to strongside and running back weak. The problem was Williams not getting the right guy, he was suppose to get Hunt, and Williams was suppose to get his man, you see Collins pushing Williams that way.
Take care of Hunt and Zeke scores.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score

Right guard, Right tackle, TE1, TE2... All on the right.. and you run a dive left on 4th & 1...So cute.. :rolleyes: Shoot me now...

Bootleg?
RPO left or right?
Read option left?
Anything?
Bueller????? Bueller????

Linnehan was just trying to play sneaky Pete on that one. Fool outfoxed himself. He was selling right but forgot to tell Looney who clearly went left and Hunt flew by him on the right. Hey Linnehan, next time tell Looney not to sell out so fast. LOOOOOOONEY!!!!!

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Also notice all them blue shirts hustling to the ball Tyron. We know you're banged up big guy and it was 4'th down but no one likes a Cammie Newton, fig newtons yes :muttley:

Last edited:

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score

Bootleg?
RPO left or right?
Read option left?
Anything?
Bueller????? Bueller????

That call drove me crazy!

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
In 2016-17 when we could actually run the ball successfully inside the 10-yard line, we didn't have to resort to trickery.

Those days are gone.

Success Rate
Elliott's runs inside 10-yd line
2018 35.0% (7 of 20)
2017 65.0% (13 of 20)
2016 66.7% (16 of 24)

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
In 2016-17 when we could actually run the ball successfully inside the 10-yard line, we didn't have to resort to trickery.

Those days are gone.

Success Rate
Elliott's runs inside 10-yd line
2018 35.0% (7 of 20)
2017 65.0% (13 of 20)
2016 66.7% (16 of 24)

Same coaches, same play calling, same RB, same QB. What gives? Can you say the zero pro-bowl O-line

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
ahem, playoffs?? What playoffs!! Gotts beat the Buggeroos or Gnats first. I suppose mid to low 20's would be a steal too :)

I know...but even if they slip up against the Bucs (which I don't see), the Giants will probably lay down for a higher pick Dec. 30. They'd be stupid not to, but they do hate the Cowboys.