Twitter: I'm still having trouble with this 4th & 1 call

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Hey Joe... Looney... you missed Hunt. Was that your assignment or help from Williams. Guess we'll never know

LovinItAll

Reaction score
Forget about the bad result for us for a second. That wasn't the point of the tweet.

Having played LB in high school, I'm telling you that it completely blows starting a play standing in your end zone knowing that you have to stop the other team from picking up what seems like a millimeter when you're on the field. When you make the stand, it's beyond exciting. When it's 1st and goal on the 2 and they can't get it in on 4 attempts, you feel like God.

tm1119

Reaction score
Ehh easy play to nitpick...if linehan calls a bootleg pass there and it doesn’t work everyone would be screaming “RUN THE BALL!” And if he runs to the strong side (right) we would have all screamed about lack of creativity. Bottom line is it was a poorly executed play by the o line, doesn’t matter what the playcall was, it wouldn’t have worked if Hunt is in the backfield that quick.

Wish I could say we should have thrown the ball, but I’m keeping the ball in Zeke’s hands over Dak’s 10 out of 10 times

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
I know...but even if they slip up against the Bucs (which I don't see), the Giants will probably lay down for a higher pick Dec. 30. They'd be stupid not to, but they do hate the Cowboys.

Terrible thought, heading to cold NY. Depleted O-line, cold Dak hands. seen that last game lost too many times in the past 12 years to be comfortable with that thought

tm1119

Reaction score
It was dumb to you because you don't know any better, they ran misdirection with the Oline, trying to get flow going to strongside and running back weak. The problem was Williams not getting the right guy, he was suppose to get Hunt, and Williams was suppose to get his man, you see Collins pushing Williams that way.
Take care of Hunt and Zeke scores.

Pretty hard to determine who was supposed to block Hunt there...looked to me like Looney tried to get out to the 2nd level too quick and wiffed on his 1st assignment. Hunt was lined up to Looney’s left, don’t see how you give your RG a blocking assignment 2 gaps away. But either way you kinda just have to give credit to Hunt on that play, it was a nice stutter step move and he has some serious quickness for a guy that size

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Right guard, Right tackle, TE1, TE2... All on the right.. and you run a dive left on 4th & 1...So cute.. :rolleyes: Shoot me now...

Bootleg?
RPO left or right?
Read option left?
RB at least takes one step right to sell it then left?
Anything?
Bueller????? Bueller????

Linehan should be fired today for his continued stupidity!!!!

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
I don't know what y'all saw but I saw a busted play/missed block/wiff by Looney. Hunt blew that play up right off of Looneys non-block. What? Does his assignment say, totally forget the dude playing over your left shoulder especially when the run is going left??!!? Give him a free shot into the backfield. If so, it's a dumb *** scheme. That was on Looney

Last edited:

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
In 2016-17 when we could actually run the ball successfully inside the 10-yard line, we didn't have to resort to trickery.

Those days are gone.

Success Rate
Elliott's runs inside 10-yd line
2018 35.0% (7 of 20)
2017 65.0% (13 of 20)
2016 66.7% (16 of 24)
What's the obvious common denominator? The oline.. .Oh and the hiring of that idiot Paul Alexander to completely change our oline blocking scheme in 2018 after having not done jack crap noteworthy in Cinci. :rolleyes:

I still have no idea who Paul Alexander is.....

TheHerd

Reaction score

Right guard, Right tackle, TE1, TE2... All on the right.. and you run a dive left on 4th & 1...So cute.. :rolleyes: Shoot me now...

Bootleg?
RPO left or right?
Read option left?
RB at least takes one step right to sell it then left?
Anything?
Bueller????? Bueller????

I have two words for you.
I
Scott.
Linehan.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
What's the obvious common denominator? The oline.. .Oh and the hiring of that idiot Paul Alexander to completely change our oline blocking scheme in 2018 after having not done jack crap noteworthy in Cinci. :rolleyes:

I still have no idea who Paul Alexander is.....

Throw in a wiff and non-block by Looney, probably a missed assignment in the politically correct world, and yeah that was on the O-line

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Maybe Williams was supposed to slide over and help Looney on the Hunt block IDK but someone "missed an assignment". I know we love Joe BUT... Freddy he ain't

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
Another case of this coaching staff outsmarting themselves.

One overlooked stat from Sunday's 2 hour, 54 minute crap show at Indy: it was the first game all season Dak did not have a single rush attempt.

This is a 240 pound quarterback with power and the Cowboys can't sneak him for one yard? :facepalm:
Man the rest of the league kills on that play too.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
its another stupid long developing play. Question do we have any quick hitter plays? Look at the passes. 5 -7 step drops. Run this long developing run play when they are expecting us to run.

colts wanted this game more than we did. From the coaches to the players.