I'm Upset with Dez

superonyx

Reaction score
Dez is God around here, remember that OP

Maybe if he couldve gotten open, he wouldve been targeted more?

He was doubled? Havent receivers been doubled since Bob Hayes? I remember Irvin was double teamed a time or two. A championship game as a matter of fact. By Tim Mcdonald and Eric Davis. Thats 8 probowls worth of doubling. didnt work so they had to switch big bad Deion on him!

Dez does some great things on the field but he's not a complete receiver. Just like what I thought long before he came to Dalllas, if you take the 'go' route from him, he doesnt have much.

I wonder why he is a first team all pro then? This means he is regarded by the league and players as one of the top 2 WR in the game this year....

But I guess they are wrong about him since you have been carrying an agenda against him since he was in college.
I am happy you found a forum and thread which allows you to get this off of your chest.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Hard to blame a guy that isnt even getting any targets. Why did it take the last offensive snap of the game for Romo to give Dez a shot to make a play? The Packers had single coverage on him quite a bit on first down, as they were stacking the box to stop Murray.

We have a good offense but I think it could be great if they utilized the players they had more effectively. Randle, Williams and Beasley were all underutilized in my opinion. They let teams take Dez out of the games, that should never happen.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Romo only throws to Dez when he's singled up or the safety is too Far off to recover, do the math Bevis....

LittleLexodus

Reaction score
3 rec 48 yards vs Detroit
3 rec 38 yards vs GB

look at those stats for just a minute. Is this the production we were expecting out of Dez? Seriously I'm dissapointed that Dez's catch was ruled incomplete, but I blame him also for not securing the ball, he knows the rules, you have to maintain the ball all the way to the ground.

Dont we have a right to be upset with him? Terance Williams outplayed him, and before anyone says it, Yes I want him to sign his big deal and stay with us.

Maybe we have been spoiled with the likes of Pearson and Irvin making huge plays in the post season. Dez has to come up bigger than this in the post season.

They were doubling him, hence why Beasley, Witten and Williams were more open.

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score
The defense doesn't forget he is there and thats the point

Doesn't matter if he wants to get paid like top 3 he needs to play like it... how many 150+ yard games has CJ and how many has dez had? Idk the answer but I bet it's a big difference

EST_1986

Reaction score
Doesn't matter if he wants to get paid like top 3 he needs to play like it... how many 150+ yard games has CJ and how many has dez had? Idk the answer but I bet it's a big difference

In their first 5 years Dez had 4 150+ games and Calvin had 6, so huuugggeee difference

EST_1986

Reaction score

Now if you want to compare TD's over their first 5 years Calvin 49 Dez 56, yards over their first 5 years you ask?? Calvin 5,191 on 677 targets Dez 5,424 on 611 targets

Calvin is sooooooo soooooo much better

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
You do realize every single top WR gets the treatment, right? This is nothing new. If you are telling me it's that easy to shut Dez down at all times by just doing that and he can't figure out a way to beat it consistently, then what is the point of breaking the bank?

This is not true.

You would think it is, but it just isn't. Nelson does not get that treatment... Well actually he did Sunday and you saw what happened. Even AJ Green does not get that treatment.

Calvin is one of the few guys that does.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
3 rec 48 yards vs Detroit
3 rec 38 yards vs GB

look at those stats for just a minute. Is this the production we were expecting out of Dez? Seriously I'm dissapointed that Dez's catch was ruled incomplete, but I blame him also for not securing the ball, he knows the rules, you have to maintain the ball all the way to the ground.

Dont we have a right to be upset with him? Terance Williams outplayed him, and before anyone says it, Yes I want him to sign his big deal and stay with us.

Maybe we have been spoiled with the likes of Pearson and Irvin making huge plays in the post season. Dez has to come up bigger than this in the post season.
In 22 postseason games, Drew Pearson averaged 3 catches and 50 yards per game. In the '77-'78 SB years, he averaged 3 catches, 47 yards and scored 0 postseason TDs in 6 games. We won 5 of those games. I don't remember anyone complaining.

Irvin averaged more, but his first four postseason games were 5/85 type games with no TDs. He had some big ones, but also some 1/22 and 2/23 games in there as well.

The defense can take Dez away if they want, as long as it opens up Williams and the others, which it did.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
In 22 postseason games, Drew Pearson averaged 3 catches and 50 yards per game. In the '77-'78 SB years, he averaged 3 catches, 47 yards and scored 0 postseason TDs in 6 games. We won 5 of those games. I don't remember anyone complaining.

Irvin averaged more, but his first four postseason games were 5/85 type games with no TDs. He had some big ones, but also some 1/22 and 2/23 games in there as well.

The defense can take Dez away if they want, as long as it opens up Williams and the others, which it did.

nice research there, my point is i wish Dez wouldve had better production in those 2 games, we would probably be playing Seattle right now. As for the catch, He has to know the rules and shouldve secured the catch even if that means going down at the 1 instead of taking a risk stretching the ball out.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
nice research there, my point is i wish Dez wouldve had better production in those 2 games, we would probably be playing Seattle right now. As for the catch, He has to know the rules and shouldve secured the catch even if that means going down at the 1 instead of taking a risk stretching the ball out.

He thought he was getting the nose of the ball to hit the goal line.

Danger

Reaction score

How can you continue to say that when almost every poster here has pointed out that Dez was literally doubled every play? Heck GB would even triple team him sometimes with an LB bumping him and the safety rolled over the top 95% of the time. The Packers didn't respect any of our other options and they were right not to because the other guys couldn't consistently beat them to justify not doubling Dez. It is up to the coaching staff to work screens and slants to give him an opportunity to make plays but they were content with GB taking Dez away.

John813

Reaction score
We could have Matt Stafford here, who would just chuck 10-15 passes to Dez a game. Sure Dez will have more catches, but don't be upset when our Quarterback has a interception or two a game.

We didn't throw to Dez because the secondary had at least two guys on him. Luckily, we have other dependable receivers to move the ball down the field when the defense focuses on just stopping Dez.