I'm Upset with Dez

superonyx

Reaction score
Another point....we were the best team in the league on 3rd down this year.
That is what can happen when you throw to the single coverage and not force passes into bad situations.

superonyx

Reaction score
The sillyness of members on this forum after a loss , real or trolling, would be a great case study.

Just when you read a thread and wonder if someone is trolling or really being serious, along comes one of two more to agree.

Mind melting... Maybe the movie idiocracy was prophetic.

Great post....
I find myself assuming the people who come to agree with a goofy point are the same person as the original poster...then I look back and realize it was a few different people saying these things...

SPCowboysfan9

Reaction score
Absolutely not. Dez is the heart and soul of this team and always leaves everything on the field. The catch he MADE in that spot on 4th down goes down in Cowboys history for me personally. Could care less what this horrible league called it.....

joseephuss

Reaction score
GB leading WR Jordy Nelson had 2 catches, he was covered so Rodgers went to others that is what smart QB do.

Exactly. Romo throwing incompletions or interceptions trying to force the ball to Dez doesn't help the team.

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score
I don't want my QB throwing to any player who is doubled.
I prefer Williams, Witten, Beasley ect in single coverage over ANY player who is being doubled.

That said the scheme could get Dez the ball more in the slot or other formations.....

Dez can make play even doubled (not 100%) but they never even try

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would just like to remind you that the offense made the play to go up late in the game and it was taken away by the officials. Dez Bryant made that play and it could have very well have sent the team to the NFC Championship game.

There's nothing wrong with this offense. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't make moves there in the offseason. I don't subscribe to this defense only mindset. I'm not ignoring half the players in this draft and free agency.

We were very, very close this year. Much to my surprise. Continuity and an aggressive offseason is in order to give this QB his best chance yet to win a title in 2015.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Green Bay averaged over 30 points a game in the regular season. They averaged 349 passing yards a game. Yesterday they scored 26 and Rogers threw for 306.

Could we have played better Defensively? Yes, we could have played better Defensively but I don't think I'm down with saying our Defense played poorly yesterday. It's hard to beat Green Bay in Green Bay at any time, as evidenced by their unbeaten record at home this year, but on the road in January in the playoffs? I'm not going to complain about the effort our Defense put up yesterday.

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score
He showed on the doomed play that he doesn't need separation to make plays.

If he had separation he wouldn't have had to jump, thus not falling and leaving the refs room to make the call... so I guess a little separation wouldn't hurt...

dstovall5

Reaction score
I believe a lot has to do with our game plan, I mean for us to win we DON'T need to feed Dez the ball. For example, Romo only threw the ball 19 times today, and completed 15 passes. With our running game, I honestly don't see how we can get Dez involved more without forcing it to him. We don't want to be like DET with CJ where all they do is force it to him, and because of that they're a sloppy team that turns it over a bunch. Our game plan is all about balance and once you start targeting Dez more you're taking targets away from Cole Beasely and Jason Witten who have been huge this year in crucial downs. It's honestly a good problem to have, now if those other guys aren't producing then I'd agree with you, we'd have a huge problem.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dez-bryant-back-cowboys.jpg

Yesterday, it was the refs. Today, it is the fans. You're testing me, aren't you?

Gameover

Reaction score
Dez is God around here, remember that OP

Maybe if he couldve gotten open, he wouldve been targeted more?

He was doubled? Havent receivers been doubled since Bob Hayes? I remember Irvin was double teamed a time or two. A championship game as a matter of fact. By Tim Mcdonald and Eric Davis. Thats 8 probowls worth of doubling. didnt work so they had to switch big bad Deion on him!

Dez does some great things on the field but he's not a complete receiver. Just like what I thought long before he came to Dalllas, if you take the 'go' route from him, he doesnt have much.

Last edited:

nablives

Reaction score
3 rec 48 yards vs Detroit
3 rec 38 yards vs GB

look at those stats for just a minute. Is this the production we were expecting out of Dez? Seriously I'm dissapointed that Dez's catch was ruled incomplete, but I blame him also for not securing the ball, he knows the rules, you have to maintain the ball all the way to the ground.

Dont we have a right to be upset with him? Terance Williams outplayed him, and before anyone says it, Yes I want him to sign his big deal and stay with us.

Maybe we have been spoiled with the likes of Pearson and Irvin making huge plays in the post season. Dez has to come up bigger than this in the post season.

Funny thing is, if it were Romo that hadn't been showing up, a thread like this would be supported by a rather hefty contingent. Dez, eh it's just different.

With that said, I'm not mad at him. He garner's attention, and IMO, made a big time play yesterday. It was taken from him, but I saw it, it happened, and I'm not yet convinced it didn't happen. I'm okay with Dez.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You do realize every single top WR gets the treatment, right? This is nothing new. If you are telling me it's that easy to shut Dez down at all times by just doing that and he can't figure out a way to beat it consistently, then what is the point of breaking the bank?

Dez is not shut down at all times. Leading the league in TDs is proof of that.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
Dez is God around here, remember that OP

Maybe if he couldve gotten open, he wouldve been targeted more?

He was doubled? Havent receivers been doubled since Bob Hayes? I remember Irvin was double teamed a time or two. A championship game as a matter of fact.

Dez does some great things on the field but he's not a complete receiver. Just like what I thought long before he came to Dalllas, if you take the 'go' route from him, he doesnt have much.

I'm not saying i dont like Dez, I love his heart and soul, I see his Elite playmaking abilities..... but at the end of the day

3 rec for 48 vs Det and 3 rec for 38 vs GB was not what i was expecting out of him, its probably the reason we were in a dogfight with both teams.

Thats like M. Jordan averaging 12-15 points, vs the normal 30 pts.

I expected more, maybe some of you are happy with those results. I'm not.