I'm Upset with Dez

dupree89

Reaction score
3 rec 48 yards vs Detroit
3 rec 38 yards vs GB

look at those stats for just a minute. Is this the production we were expecting out of Dez? Seriously I'm dissapointed that Dez's catch was ruled incomplete, but I blame him also for not securing the ball, he knows the rules, you have to maintain the ball all the way to the ground.

Dont we have a right to be upset with him? Terance Williams outplayed him, and before anyone says it, Yes I want him to sign his big deal and stay with us.

Maybe we have been spoiled with the likes of Pearson and Irvin making huge plays in the post season. Dez has to come up bigger than this in the post season.

see my post in the should we pay Dez thread

Coy

Reaction score
The game plan was fine, take away Dez and we´ll beat you with Murray, Witten, Beasly and T Will, it was working out just fine until the end of the half and of course later on with the Murray fumble.
Then we weren´t able to put pressure on Rodgers and he picked us apart.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I want more than 76 measley yards in 2 playoff games. Sorry
86 yards IIRC. It happens to all receivers. Calvin Johnson didn't do much against our patchwork defense. Neither did Jordy Nelson. Are their fans disappointed in them?

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
why you don't break the bank on elite receivers when any defense can limit or shut them down if they want too..

Frozen700

Reaction score
3 rec 38 yards vs GB

look at those stats for just a minute. Is this the production we were expecting out of Dez? Seriously I'm dissapointed that Dez's catch was ruled incomplete, but I blame him also for not securing the ball, he knows the rules, you have to maintain the ball all the way to the ground.

Dont we have a right to be upset with him? Terance Williams outplayed him, and before anyone says it, Yes I want him to sign his big deal and stay with us.

Maybe we have been spoiled with the likes of Pearson and Irvin making huge plays in the post season. Dez has to come up bigger than this in the post season.

Out of all people to start a thread about, you pick Dez? The man that see's double and triple coverage? The man who gets all the attention, so that others, Bums like T.Will can even have a chance at 1 on 1 coverage? So that Murray can run every now and then without 8 in the box, but his fumbling *** can't handle it?

T.Will is a bum, Adams out played this bum with his 1 on 1 coverage.

While Nelson saw all the attention, Cobb and Adams did what number 2's and 3's should do. We have garbage behind Dez.

A body catcher, and can only get open every once in a while.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
3 rec 38 yards vs GB

He was trying to get the nose of the ball to hit the goal line.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
why you don't break the bank on elite receivers when any defense can limit or shut them down if they want too..

Because it is the fact that multiple players must be used to shut that player down which exposes them in other areas.
As for the term breaking the bank? Is paying him say top 5 WR money breaking the bank? after all his play is to that standard.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
Out of all people to start a thread about, you pick Dez? The man that see's double and triple coverage? The man who gets all the attention, so that others, Bums like T.Will can even have a chance at 1 on 1 coverage? So that Murray can run every now and then without 8 in the box, but his fumbling *** can't handle it?

T.Will is a bum, Adams out played this bum with his 1 on 1 coverage.

While Nelson saw all the attention, Cobb and Adams did what number 2's and 3's should do. We have garbage behind Dez.

A body catcher, and can only get open every once in a while.

yes Dez, again I love Dez just as much as any of you, but the fact is I'm not happy with his production in these playoffs ...86 yards in 2 games, not securing a potential game winning catch. i have higher expectations.. btw we dont have garbage behind Dez thats a little extreme.

Frozen700

Reaction score
yes Dez, again I love Dez just as much as any of you, but the fact is I'm not happy with his production in these playoffs ...86 yards in 2 games, not securing a potential game winning catch. i have higher expectations.. btw we dont have garbage behind Dez thats a little extreme.

Name the "Elite" or "Good" Talent at WR we have behind Dez. I'm waiting.

CowboyShuy

Reaction score
This can´t be serious, watch the second Eagles game. Thats what Dez will do if he sees any 1 on 1 coverage. You can force the ball to double coverage but then you will be talking about how we need a better QB than Romo because he force the ball. Not even Calvin faces so much double coverage as Dez.

Gameover

Reaction score
Last thing i'll say about Dez: If he's our number one, we may need to get a better number two.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
If you are asking me...do we have elite WR's other than Dez....than NO...but TWIll had 3 TD's in both these games, Witten, Beasley played well in both games. they are at least GOOD.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Wait Dez throws to himself ? I knew the guy was a physical freak...but gosh, that is amazing.

You take what the defense gives you. Romo was not getting many opportunities to throw to Dez and not be criticized.

Sometimes I wonder if some of you really understand the concept of a team. Stats are irrelevant it's the scoreboard that shows up when the day is done.

If Dez had 200+ yards receiving and 4 TDs yet the Packers still won by 5. You would be blaming Murray, or some other silliness.

cowboys69fan

Reaction score
3 rec 38 yards vs GB

Mid air decision, not to much time to think, can't think of any Rcvr that has 100% perfection on catching the ball in that kinda situation, he came down with it the best he could and made phenomenal catch, he's clutch believe u me, as far as production goes if you saw the same 2 games, Tony was getting pretty banged up back rushed and sacked there, with barely any time to throw.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
It's our simplistic basic schemes that are holding Dez to 90 catch 1200 yard 15 TDs type seasons, while the QB has the highest QBR and the RB is the league's leading rusher.

When, oh when, will people see this?!

Yes, its those schemes that make him completely disappear from games.

Im happy though that we finally figured out how to use the middle of the field with Beasley and Witten after years and years of teams beating us by loading the box and pressing us out wide.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To those criticizing T-Will, I think that injury (whatever it was) slowed him in the second half. I have no problem with him. He comes through when called upon.