I'm usually against this but I think Romo plays in the postseason

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
Let me make this clear, I am not one of those guys in this forum rooting for Dak to fail so Romo plays. Just saying if Dak stuggles, Romo has to get a chance to save our season.

Romo couldn't "save" his own seasons? Why don't people see this?

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
If the pressure comes as freely as it did during the second Giants game, there won't be time to throw it downfield, and Tony will be taking brutal sacks.

The Giants are easy to beat against heavy blitzing, running quick slants, short middle passes, and a lot of screens and they are done. They LB are horrible. Romo would roast the blitz as he has done in the past against them. The Giants defense is not all world, people give them more credit than they deserve. They are one and done in the playoffs with that pathetic offense.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Listen we are 13-3 and just got the #1 seed with a rookie MVP candidate. Our backup is an AllPro years ago but hasn't played in years truthfully. It's ridiculous to think this way. Dak is the leader. Romo plays if he can't. Plain and simple. We won't be playing Eagles games that mean nothing but teams coming after us and Romo is a hit away always these days

I'm stunned people are this blind. Romo couldn't make it through useless games last year or year before. What is he saving or doing when he hasn't played but 3-4 full games and was actually bad in them ?

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
Maybe the reason is that for so many years we were trash, and he carried the team on his back. Why don't most of you see this?

You're not "trash" in theory if you're IN THE POSTSEASON... nor are you trash, if you're right there at the end with a win and in scenario. All I'm saying is that we can't suddenly have "ex girlfriend syndrome" and gloss over Romo's missed opportunities and only project sexy bombs down the field. He's gonna take hits.. he's gonna get pressured.. he's gonna be forced to move around.. etc.. I've seen the Romo movie for a decade.

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
no man, this wont work, I think it would throw the team timing off a bit just enough to let a great team beat us. If Dak is out Romo will play and that will work

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
This will not happen.

Only way Romo gets in is if Dak gets hurt or plays absolutely awful and they bring Romo in to try and save a game.

Most likely the only way he gets on the field in the playoffs is if Dak got hurt.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
I would not be shocked if Dallas sprinkles Romo into these playoff games some and I don't think it would hurt the offense or Daks rhythm if we did.

I don't know how they will go about doing this but I just have a feeling they will.

It's too late for that, isn't that what all the Dak Lovers have suggested? You're suggesting the team throw Romo in there with exactly one series of game experience this year. One. Yeah, that's fair. Of course, that means you're admitting that Romo is a better QB than Dak. Why else would you suggest he could go in there and be just as effective as Dak with so little game experience? And if he wasn't as effective as Dak, why would they "sprinkle" Romo in at all?

Of course, this is despite the fact that he's been ready to go for the last month. If the team was serious about having him ready for the playoffs, they should have gotten him more playing time. Nope, the organization screwed up - they gave into this weird groupthink that said you couldn't pull Dak because of "momentum." They thought they were being strong when in fact they were being weak. And now they're going to watch their HOF level QB collect dust on the sidelines while trying to navigate a playoff run with a rookie QB.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
:facepalm::thumbdown: it just doesn't stop. The blatant disrespect for Dak Prescott is just disturbing.

You're suggesting that we're blatantly disrespecting Dak because we think a guy with the second highest QB rating of all time might be more effective in this offense than a rookie? How stupid is that?

Scandri100

Reaction score
If Dak can show he can play the same way as he does in the regular season then i'm all for him being qb...Romo loses half of his abilities in the playoffs. Dak needs to run the ball as much as he can to keep the defense on its heels.

Last edited:

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
You're suggesting that we're blatantly disrespecting Dak because we think a guy with the second highest QB rating of all time might be more effective in this offense than a rookie? How stupid is that?

Think he was talking playoffs. Not what Romo has done for his career in the regular season. Some here are saying he would save the team if he played, though there is no evidence he can save a playoff Cowboys team.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
I love the kid and I have been on his bandwagon from the start, it's his team. But we need to do everything we can to win. Who knows it may not even come to Romo, but it's a great bullet to have in the arsenal.

I see, so this team hasn't screwed Romo around enough already by putting utterly inferior teams around him most of his career. Now, they have prevented him from getting any real playing time and instead of getting a full game to beat the opponent, he'll get what, a second half to bail the team out? A fourth quarter? How nice for Romo.

It is absolutely true, this organization doesn't deserve Romo.

cml750

Reaction score
If Dak plays up to his high standards, Romo should not see the field. If Dak starts playing like he did in Minnesota and the last NYG game, then Romo should absolutely 100% see the field. The season is too important to ruin it to rookie jitters derail it and I in no way believe Dak is so thin skinned it would hurt his future if Romo took over if he stumbles. That being said, I hope we hoist a Lombardi trophy and Romo never sees the field again this season.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score

A rookie who has BEEN AMAZING ALL SEASON. You're looking at career stats as opposed to success in the postseason, health, mobility and protecting the football. You're being disrespectful by turning up your nose at a 13 win pro-bowl season, MVP candidacy, and 11 straight wins in a single season. Something that hasn't been done before in FRANCHISE HISTORY. Romo's best season was 13 wins and Dak accomplished this in his rookie season. That's AMAZING. Yes, as great as Romo is, it's disrespectful and if you can't see this... that is very very STUPID!!

BlueStar22

Reaction score
I would not be shocked if Dallas sprinkles Romo into these playoff games some and I don't think it would hurt the offense or Daks rhythm if we did.

I don't know how they will go about doing this but I just have a feeling they will.
They haven't since Romo has been available to play, but they'll do it in the Playoffs? Nah...

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
If Dak plays up to his high standards, Romo should not see the field. If Dak starts playing like he did in Minnesota and the last NYG game, then Romo should absolutely 100% see the field. The season is too important to ruin it to rookie jitters derail it and I in no way believe Dak is so thin skinned it would hurt his future if Romo took over if he stumbles. That being said, I hope we hoist a Lombardi trophy and Romo never sees the field again this season.

Has Romo ever had a bad regular season game?