I'm usually against this but I think Romo plays in the postseason

rags747

Reaction score
Interesting how Jimmy J today saying that at this point it is all about the SB and u put your best players on the field...He made this statement while talking about Romo on the Fox post game show. Jimmy would cut his own mother if it meant winning a SB, I wonder what he would do but I do believe I know the answer to that.

cml750

Reaction score
Has Romo ever had a bad regular season game?
Yes, he has but you miss the point. Romo never had a player like Romo sitting on the bench ready to go. I hope Romo does not see the field(meaning Dak plays great) but I pray our coach has the cahones to play him if Dak stumbles in the playoffs.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
Yes, he has but you miss the point. Romo never had a player like Romo sitting on the bench ready to go. I hope Romo does not see the field(meaning Dak plays great) but I pray our coach has the cahones to play him if Dak stumbles in the playoffs.

Such a quick trigger finger? Struggle is pretty hard to define... Dak has come through in so many key close games this season. IMO it would be unfair to both Tony and Dak to pull Dak prematurely. Also if you do this, that's it. No turning back. The one thing you fail to entertain is Tony "stumbling?".. what if Tony fails... what then?

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
I would not be shocked if Dallas sprinkles Romo into these playoff games some and I don't think it would hurt the offense or Daks rhythm if we did.

I don't know how they will go about doing this but I just have a feeling they will.
This line of thinking is why Romo has to be traded or cut. Either you think Dak is the future and the future is NOW. Or you are unsure so you keep Romo around. I am on record saying Romo is the better QB today. But when you consider Dak won 13 games. When you see the diversity of the playcalling. When you see the energy of the ENTIRE team on offense and defense. When you realize the success of this team with someone making 400k vs 22m. You realize that the ONLY decision to make is to roll with Dak. So everyone that is on the fence needs to hop on board....get behind Dak....and ride the wave.

cml750

Reaction score
Such a quick trigger finger? Struggle is pretty hard to define... Dak has come through in so many key close games this season. IMO it would be unfair to both Tony and Dak to pull Dak prematurely. Also if you do this, that's it. No turning back. The one thing you fail to entertain is Tony "stumbling?".. what if Tony fails... what then?
If Dak is having an absolutely terrible game in the win or go home playoffs game and we are losing, you are saying you would stick with him no matter what with Romo on the bench???? If so, I beg to differ. I do not mean to pull Dak at the first signs of trouble and truly hope Romo never sees the field, but if Dak reverts to the crap we saw in the Minnesota a game or the second Giants game and the game starts slipping away, you bet you happy arse I think Garrett should pull him for Romo. I care more about winning than egos an personally thing Dak could handle that situation.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
If Dak is having an absolutely terrible game in the win or go home playoffs game and we are losing, you are saying you would stick with him no matter what with Romo on the bench???? If so, I beg to differ. I do not mean to pull Dak at the first signs of trouble and truly hope Romo never sees the field, but if Dak reverts to the crap we saw in the Minnesota a game or the second Giants game and the game starts slipping away, you bet you happy arse I think Garrett should pull him for Romo. I care more about winning than egos an personally thing Dak could handle that situation.

I get your point, just stating that "struggling" is pretty subjective. I just think it's pretty unfair to gloss over his entire season and make ultimatums about TWO games this year. We've never been out of a game this year. My question to you is if you pull Dak early, what happens if Tony struggles? Do you trust that he'll right the ship or do you pull Tony right back out?

cml750

Reaction score
I get your point, just stating that "struggling" is pretty subjective. I just think it's pretty unfair to gloss over his entire season and make ultimatums about TWO games this year. We've never been out of a game this year. My question to you is if you pull Dak early, what happens if Tony struggles? Do you trust that he'll right the ship or do you pull Tony right back out?
In no way do I mean to pull Dak "early".

Reaction score
Wow. It actually took over 3 hours for this thread to make its debut. Bravo CZ. Great restraint.

Y'all already know my perspective so I will just gracefully leave you to your speculation. Enjoy. :thumbup:

If the Giants come to town then stick Romo in,,, he'll handle them easily.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

That's the interesting one. My gut says we'll beat the Giants bad in a playoff game if they make it to us, but then I thought we'd beat them bad in NY, too. But it's not hard to imagine with that defense that that might be a game where Tony matches up better than Dak does with his quick release and history of Giant killing.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score

Because what? Why? Does Romo suddenly do something he's never accomplished in his entire career because NOW...Now he finally has the "perfect" roster......Now it's all set and he won't have any adversity? I'll concede that Romo would play well now that he's been humbled having been hurt yet again and rightfully losing his job to an incredible rookie. With that being said, Dak defied all odds and handled adversity beautifully all season. He gave this team a new identity and created a fundamentally sound winning formula. He deserves the chance to lead this team.

Deep_South

Reaction score
All I can say is, if we are eliminated from the playoffs by losing to the Giants for a third time this year with Tony Romo on the bench and clearly ready to play, it's going to be very hard going forward for our front office and coaches to explain how this happened. Impossible, actually, IMO.

Little Jr

Reaction score
I would not be shocked if Dallas sprinkles Romo into these playoff games some and I don't think it would hurt the offense or Daks rhythm if we did.

I don't know how they will go about doing this but I just have a feeling they will.
You're one of the better posters on here so this is a shocking post coming from you.

Romo will play if Dak is injured. Romo MIGHT play if Dak is really struggling and we're still in the game. As far as a game plan of putting Romo in, it will not happen. No chance.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All I can say is, if we are eliminated from the playoffs by losing to the Giants for a third time this year with Tony Romo on the bench and clearly ready to play, it's going to be very hard going forward for our front office and coaches to explain how this happened. Impossible, actually, IMO.

I don't think it's impossible to explain. It's legitimately a really tough call. But it's one where you'd be probably kicking yourself forever for not pulling the trigger if we play Dak and he loses a third time.

Now, if we were to change things up and start Romo suddenly in a playoff game, and lose, that's one you don't come back from.

faninjersey

Reaction score
If TWill had run the route, the ball would have been there...

I'm not advocating Romo over Dak... exactly the opposite...

No he would not have. However, it was a still a savvy move by Romo. I was at the game. It was a warning shot. He clearly threw that ball to make the DB, and defense, honor the deep ball. That set up his underneath crossing pass. I'm in favor of Dak, but appreciated seeing Romo live.

faninjersey

Reaction score
Fourth quarter in the divisional round. Cowboys 7. Giants 10. Dak has thrown two picks and is completing less than 50 percent.

If you're not at least thinking about it, you have an agenda beyond winning.

Until I remember that the Giants also beat a Romo led team in the playoffs... with very similar team composition

jamesdojr

Reaction score
Only way he plays is if Dak gets injured. The torch has been passed, for better or worse.

You might be right but this is the Dallas Cowboys not the Dallas Dakboys. If Dak struggles, you get Romo in there because there is no next week in the playoffs. It's go home, you are done. Rhythm is important in a drive but rhythm is broken after every series when the offense is on the sidelines. To bring Romo in for a series to get a spark, wouldn't ruin Dak. And if his psyche does get ruined because he is Butt hurt, he won't make it as a pro in the long term any ways. Romo supported him 100% for the team. I would expect Dak to be the same kind of team player. And I think he would be.

Xavier23

Reaction score
No one player should be above the team when we have a single elimination game. This is why you have 46 players dress every weekend. If Dak starts to struggle and we can not move the football we should put in Romo and see if he can move the ball. When have we had the luxury of a Romo type quarterback sitting on the bench when Romo was the starter. The whole point of playing the game is to win at the end, it doesn't matter how you got there as long as you won.

People like to look at Romo's post season and blame him for us not getting to the Super Bowl. Last time I checked football is a team sport. He has made some mistakes that have cost us games but he has also been the reason we won games.

If we are going to advance and win the Super Bowl this years team needs to play lights out. I think Dak can lead us there but no one knows the future. Can we pressure the quarterback and get turnovers? Will Lucky Whitehead not fumble the football on punt returns? Can Doug Free block his man?

Use all the tools you have at your disposal if and when you need them.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score

Exactly we would be the laughing stock of the NFL if this front office suddenly melted in a decision like that.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score

What if we lose and Dak plays great? It's a team game. Romo isn't the entire team by himself.

Deep_South

Reaction score
What if we lose and Dak plays great? It's a team game. Romo isn't the entire team by himself.
Recall Tony got blamed for the loss against Denver and Peyton Manning when he played great and the D gave up 51 points. One pick undid over 500 yards, 48 points, and 5 touchdown passes.

But, to answer your question, I think the accumulation of 3 losses against the same team in the same year would, in the end, supersede any of the specificities of individual games.

In any case, the solution is to just beat the Giants if we play them again. :)