I'm usually against this but I think Romo plays in the postseason

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
LOL who cares if Romo can take a hit or not, its playoff time if he doesn't get up to bad,m Dak gets back in. Romo is gone next year anyway but that will be a big mistake by this team Imo. Sanchez and Dak is a disaster. IF Dak goes down kiss our season good bye next year.

If no team offers good compensation I hope we keep him.

We only save 5 mill in space and we'll have to get another backup QB as well.

Jerry should demand that he coaches up Dak to the best of his ability. It would be worth it in the long run.

Scandri100

Reaction score
Romo is by far the better passer that's all i can say...Dak adds the running element at least.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Hope you are right. Once again nothing would make me happier to see this kid exceed all odds and get us #6.
If Dak is struggling, odds are it's going to a situation similar to the second Gaints game. A game where the line is allowing regular pressure, and the playcalling doesn't adjust to counter it. And if that's the case, Romo won't fix that issue.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Let me make this clear, I am not one of those guys in this forum rooting for Dak to fail so Romo plays. Just saying if Dak stuggles, Romo has to get a chance to save our season.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Let me make this clear, I am not one of those guys in this forum rooting for Dak to fail so Romo plays. Just saying if Dak stuggles, Romo has to get a chance to save our season.
If Dak gets hurt then Romo has a chance to save our season.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Romo is by far the better passer that's all i can say...Dak adds the running element at least.
How do you figure? Dak has one of the highest completion %, air yards/attempt and passer ratings in the league...

If you think Tony is still a slightly better passer, that's one thing. But far better is just silly.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
If Dak is struggling, odds are it's going to a situation similar to the second Gaints game. A game where the line is allowing regular pressure, and the playcalling doesn't adjust to counter it. And if that's the case, Romo won't fix that issue.

You are not going to be successful stacking the box with Romo. He will torch you downfield and he can Read and switch plays way better than Dak. If Romo played against the Giants we win that game.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Romo is a better vertical thrower but Dak is super efficient throwing the football..

I also think he is better than Romo ever was at play action and throwing screens.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
You are not going to be successful stacking the box with Romo. He will torch you downfield and he can Read and switch plays way better than Dak. If Romo played against the Giants we win that game.
If the pressure comes as freely as it did during the second Giants game, there won't be time to throw it downfield, and Tony will be taking brutal sacks.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

He came in and immediately started giving our guys a chance 1 on 1.

Dak can do that too he just needs to do it.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
No. They made the move weeks ago when they decided to stick with Dak. So, you stick with Dak. For better or worse, you stick with him. Let him get the experience so next year, a deeper playoff run can be possible. This is about him learning and setting up for future years.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
Yup. Dak and Zeke have no knowledge of the failures of years past. Maybe this is a new era. Let us see it through!

There's give and take.... there's no doubt in my mind that Romo IF HEALTHY FOR THE ENTIRE SEASON... would have managed maybe 35td's. There are a couple of things to keep in perspective.. the obvious is IF HE STAYED healthy. Most pundits didn't ask IF but WHEN he went down this year and he didn't last 3-4 pre-season plays. You are giving up some of the downfield shots and vet savy with Dak but you're gaining a fresh exuberance, mobility.. a guy that protects the ball and an Amazing competitor. You just can't in good conscious not be encouraged by Dak Prescott. There were so many pressure points for him this season and he responded big all year. In every game this year Dak has been right there.. and we've had a chance to win every game. That speaks volumes. After Tampa and Detroit.. this site is still disrespectful. Smh...

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Fourth quarter in the divisional round. Cowboys 7. Giants 10. Dak has thrown two picks and is completing less than 50 percent.

If you're not at least thinking about it, you have an agenda beyond winning.
Seriously, why do these horrible what-if scenarios always get brought up?

What if Dak has thrown 10INT's, hasn't completed a pass, and slaps Garrett in the face? What when, guys?

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
The only ways Romo plays this postseason:

1. Dak tweaks something and has to miss a few plays
2. The Cowboys have such a big lead in the Super Bowl they let Tony play some (my dream come true).

I think there is a third scenario... Cowboys struggling and in striking distance...

We have the best QB situation since Buffalo with Kelly/Reich... we have two All-Pro caliber players on one team...

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score

What if Dak has thrown 10INT's, hasn't completed a pass, and slaps Garrett in the face? What when, guys?

The Giants aren't getting out of the wild card round, so this scenario is a moot point.:laugh:

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score

It's called considering all possible scenarios. It's especially important when said scenario has occurred previously.

Now, having said that, I don't think it will happen because I've never seen Dak repeat the same mistake.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Seriously, what's even the point of posting scenarios like this?

Then I hand you my beer, tell you watch this (after all, I am from Wisconsin), and I run down to the sideline, bench Prescott, put Romo in, lock Jerry in the liquor cabinet, and head over to the cheerleader section. Then Garrett coaches or something.