Imagine how much better CeeDee is going to be in 2021 with a full season of Dak Prescott

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
No it doesn't. He is professional athlete getting paid millions of dollars by my favorite team. He will still be one of the highest paid players ever in 2 years. Honestly, it's not even just about the money part. He's the QB. Get the job done or go somewhere else.

The bar will always be MVP or post season success. That's the bar I set for all QBs on my favorite team. That's the bar I've had since watching Troy Aikman win championships. If you are not getting it done then you should not get paid like you are or we should not waste anymore time pretending you are the answer. How many wasted years do we go through before we move on from a QB? That's always the tough question.

Let's say Dak took over for an injured Tom Brady instead of Tony Romo. Do you think when Brady became healthy that Dak would have kept the job? Absolutely not. The reason Brady would have been inserted right back into the position was because he is an MVP and Super Bowl Champion. The reason Romo lost his job was because he had no success. He wasn't an MVP or a Champion. He put up pretty numbers though, but that's all we ever got. The Cowboys saw their opportunity to move on and into a cheaper, younger, and more healthier direction and they took it.

If Dak has no MVPs and no post season success in a few years but is still putting up pretty numbers then we need to move on because he clearly is not getting the team to it's goals. We don't need 400 yards and 4 TD every game. That box score looks nice, but it clearly does not always lead to wins.

I don't disagree. except that you are expecting superbowl wins and MVPs to have happened already. you are saying he didn't get it done in first 5 years, then he shouldn't get paid, which makes no sense. because I can name 10-12 QBs, for the next 5 years that will get paid (and paid more than Dak), only5 of whom will win a superbowl. does it mean the others are not deserving? makes no sense. I think you are mixing things up a bit. you sign players that give you the best chance to succeed. its a CHANCE to succeed not a guarantee. you need to be able to separate the two. which you have had problem doing. IMO Dak gives us the best chance to compete offensively, as its been proven 48 times over that the best path to the superbowl and superbowl success is by having a good QB, you don't need elite, but you need good (except in the case of ravens with Dilfer, but they build and all time best defense, perhaps even better than the 86 bears). the market for QBs is what it is. I don't set that. you don't set that. its the market, based on salary cap, existing contracts, etc.

secondly, you said in very words, he is 2nd highest paid and I set the bar higher because of that. I simply asked if he is the 10th highest paid, does it mean the bar is lower and not as high....those are your words and your logic (or lack there of). now, you seemingly are pivoting from 2nd highest paid so the bar is higher to I don't care, I want MVPs...then say that from the get go instead of justifying it with something that made no sense.

and please don't compare Romo to Brady. one is the Goat. the other was a very good QB. and lets be very very clear that it wasn't Dak's decision to stay and play at QB. he simply competed. seemingly you are faulting him for that. was your expectations for him to say, I want to go back to the bench!!! it was coaches/owner/GM that decided for Romo to stay on the bench. if we had Brady (The GOAT), perhaps decision would have been different. I am not sure the line of reasoning you are going with here, but makes zero sense. you seem to just be ranting about Romo being benched, where it wasn't Dak's fault or decision at all.

and I agree, if Dak doesn't get it done in a few years, then yes, perhaps time to move on. we will evaluate then. I am not opposed to that. I have never been. its not about pretty numbers. its about production. however, I don't put the entire win/loss on the QB and solely on the QB. there is defense, special teams and offense and each have to do their part...there is the coach, his decision and game management that contributes greatly to a team success or lack there of. I put win/loss falls solely on the coach who is responsible for the whole team and the whole team performance. and again, I agree, I rather see wins instead of 400 yards and 4 TDs. ....but it would be nice to have 400 yds and 4 TDs and the win.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
2019, 1st quarter scoring Dallas was 18th, 2nd quarter was 6th!!! and for the half Dallas was 8th... so its just a perception. why? because defense gives up so much and expectations are that offense plays at such a level and score everytime they have the ball..so comparing that to defensive performance.
2019, defense 1st quarter scoring we ranked 21st...and for 2nd quarter we were slightly better at 12. for the half we were 16th..

for 2020, we were 32nd, in 1st, 2nd and for the half....

Good info brother thank you. Yah I never looked at the stats so I see that my perception is off. I guess I am just wanting the offense to keep up to what our defense is giving up early.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
We have a scoring offense. They put plenty of points on the board to win most games. We just need a complimentary defense.

I expect more of the same from Ceedee.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I don't disagree. except that you are expecting superbowl wins and MVPs to have happened already. you are saying he didn't get it done in first 5 years, then he shouldn't get paid, which makes no sense. because I can name 10-12 QBs, for the next 5 years that will get paid (and paid more than Dak), only5 of whom will win a superbowl. does it mean the others are not deserving? makes no sense. I think you are mixing things up a bit. you sign players that give you the best chance to succeed. its a CHANCE to succeed not a guarantee. you need to be able to separate the two. which you have had problem doing. IMO Dak gives us the best chance to compete offensively, as its been proven 48 times over that the best path to the superbowl and superbowl success is by having a good QB, you don't need elite, but you need good (except in the case of ravens with Dilfer, but they build and all time best defense, perhaps even better than the 86 bears). the market for QBs is what it is. I don't set that. you don't set that. its the market, based on salary cap, existing contracts, etc.

secondly, you said in very words, he is 2nd highest paid and I set the bar higher because of that. I simply asked if he is the 10th highest paid, does it mean the bar is lower and not as high....those are your words and your logic (or lack there of). now, you seemingly are pivoting from 2nd highest paid so the bar is higher to I don't care, I want MVPs...then say that from the get go instead of justifying it with something that made no sense.

and please don't compare Romo to Brady. one is the Goat. the other was a very good QB. and lets be very very clear that it wasn't Dak's decision to stay and play at QB. he simply competed. seemingly you are faulting him for that. was your expectations for him to say, I want to go back to the bench!!! it was coaches/owner/GM that decided for Romo to stay on the bench. if we had Brady (The GOAT), perhaps decision would have been different. I am not sure the line of reasoning you are going with here, but makes zero sense. you seem to just be ranting about Romo being benched, where it wasn't Dak's fault or decision at all.

and I agree, if Dak doesn't get it done in a few years, then yes, perhaps time to move on. we will evaluate then. I am not opposed to that. I have never been. its not about pretty numbers. its about production. however, I don't put the entire win/loss on the QB and solely on the QB. there is defense, special teams and offense and each have to do their part...there is the coach, his decision and game management that contributes greatly to a team success or lack there of. I put win/loss falls solely on the coach who is responsible for the whole team and the whole team performance. and again, I agree, I rather see wins instead of 400 yards and 4 TDs. ....but it would be nice to have 400 yds and 4 TDs and the win.
I told you I don't care who our QB is the bar is always success when it matters. That means winning MVPs or Super Bowls. If you're winning the MVP then you are more then likely leading your team to success. I expect success no matter how much the QB is being paid, of course when you are getting paid like Dak is now then you open yourself to even more criticism. Because now we are stuck with him for at least a few years even if his play is bad, and you have now handcuffed the team with your insane contract, so you have made it harder for the team to have success because they can't sign big time help that's needed, so now you either win or deal with the criticism that will come your way. It's been 5 years and he has lead the team to NOTHING that I would consider success. He has no playoff success and he is never in any serious late season MVP discussion. No excuses. It's time to get it done.

As I said before, maybe your bar is lower then mine, but it's my bar and I set it where I want. I expect my team to compete and win when it matters, not just put up pretty stats.

Why do you think it was so easy for the GM/owner/coaches to make that decision to not give Romo his job back? Do you think they would've done him that way if he was a multiple time MVP and Super Bowl champion? I bring up Romo as the example of putting up pretty numbers with no team success to show for it means nothing. It's the same thing Dak is doing right now. When you do that you become replaceable at a certain point. Where is Dak's point? How many years does he get?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I told you I don't care who our QB is the bar is always success when it matters. That means winning MVPs or Super Bowls. If you're winning the MVP then you are more then likely leading your team to success. I expect success no matter how much the QB is being paid, of course when you are getting paid like Dak is now then you open yourself to even more criticism. Because now we are stuck with him for at least a few years even if his play is bad, and you have now handcuffed the team with your insane contract, so you have made it harder for the team to have success because they can't sign big time help that's needed, so now you either win or deal with the criticism that will come your way. It's been 5 years and he has lead the team to NOTHING that I would consider success. He has no playoff success and he is never in any serious late season MVP discussion. No excuses. It's time to get it done.

As I said before, maybe your bar is lower then mine, but it's my bar and I set it where I want. I expect my team to compete and win when it matters, not just put up pretty stats.

Why do you think it was so easy for the GM/owner/coaches to make that decision to not give Romo his job back? Do you think they would've done him that way if he was a multiple time MVP and Super Bowl champion? I bring up Romo as the example of putting up pretty numbers with no team success to show for it means nothing. It's the same thing Dak is doing right now. When you do that you become replaceable at a certain point. Where is Dak's point? How many years does he get?

LOL..........we all want success. As if you are some kind of high standard fan.

The problem for you is that there are good players on bad teams and bad players on great teams. You obviously have no way of figuring out who those players are. Any moron can look at team record or success. That only tells the TEAM story. When analyzing the competence of individual players or offense or defense, overall team success doesnt give you that detailed information.

Heck, you cant even properly analyze why our team is losing. You have said over and over again that its our offense that is holding back the defense and is the reason we are losing games.

You have also pointed out that the reason the defense sucks is because of the offense.

You dont even belong in a football conversation to be honest. When you can properly tell the strengths and weaknesses of our football team, then come on back to the conversation.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

The reason Romo lost his job was the coaching staff saw how great Dak was. And Romo was on his last legs.

Or the 11 game win streak with Dak at the helm might have given it away. :muttley:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
We'll find out sooner rather than later when the season starts.

The offense was better last year. I also dont need to see whether the coaching staff is better without Garrett. All of that has already been established. The defense? That is a wait and see. But I think its pretty obvious they are going to be better.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
The offense was better last year. I also dont need to see whether the coaching staff is better without Garrett. All of that has already been established. The defense? That is a wait and see. But I think its pretty obvious they are going to be better.

Yes. They'd have to not take the field to be worse.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
LOL..........we all want success. As if you are some kind of high standard fan.

The problem for you is that there are good players on bad teams and bad players on great teams. You obviously have no way of figuring out who those players are. Any moron can look at team record or success. That only tells the TEAM story. When analyzing the competence of individual players or offense or defense, overall team success doesnt give you that detailed information.

Heck, you cant even properly analyze why our team is losing. You have said over and over again that its our offense that is holding back the defense and is the reason we are losing games.

You have also pointed out that the reason the defense sucks is because of the offense.

You dont even belong in a football conversation to be honest. When you can properly tell the strengths and weaknesses of our football team, then come on back to the conversation.
It has become sad reading your rambling insults.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

you just danced around your own statement....but I get it. you have a tough time admiting you maybe wrong or have taken the wrong approach. its ok.

and yes IF he doesn't work out, then we have saddled ourselves...same thing for 31 other teams....its the risk you take and have to take. specially when no one is able to offer any other alternatives that are better than current one. its part of building and putting a team together to have a chance at the ultimate prize. but seemingly you are already going down the path that this will fail....you have avoided offering any other alternatives other than I don't like this one. it says a lot.

and its been 5 years. true. but you seemingly expect to have accomplished a superbowl win and MVP in that time. is that realistic? is it realistic to expect every QB to win an MVP and superbowl in their first 5 years. there is about 2-5 first round QBs that get drafted each year, amounting to 10+ QBs over a 5 year span....I guess they are all nothing but failures...

and you danced around this before....and just to be sure, I am using your logic, but not comparing so dont' go down that path. Peyton Manning went 0-4 and didn't win an MVP in his first 5 seasons. do you consider him a failure? would you not have given him a new contract? would you blame him for team's short comings?

btw, the way Dak started 2020, he was in MVP discussions....he got injured.

my bar is as high as yours. except I am more realistic about it and stick to one logic, not change from post to post and response to response.

btw, regarding Romo not getting his starting job back. I argued then and since then and even this year, that was a mistake. no rookie, no matter how good ever has post season success. it takes experience. given the 2016 team, as good as Dak played, and I was very happy to have found our future QB, I would have given the job back to Romo. his experience would have been more valuable to us, although no gaurantee if we would have beaten GB given how the defense played. but that was a decision that was made by GM most probably, seeing how he made more money selling more #4 Jerseys. I would have moved on from Romo after 2016.

and I don't know when Dak's replacement point is. I know we are not there yet. his time will come as does everybody else. guaranteed. its not about # of years, there is more to it than that....you are again going down the wrong line of argument and logic, which makes zero sense. How many years did Brees get? he got dumped. do you think SD made a mistake letting him go? he didn't set the world on fire in SD. do you think they regret going with Rivers, given his lack of post season success. to that point, should SD moved on from Rivers years earlier before his arm was shot? your approach and logic makes no sense. its just scatter shooting thoughts. Rodgers hasn't had reached the superbowl in 10 years. should GB move on? did they make a mistake sticking with him for so long?

let me be very very very clear. I am not comparing Dak to those guys, so don't get all twisted. but those are examples of other teams and other QBs. similar results and situations...

p.s. MVPs are meaningless to me. they are for the fans. they are subjective and not objective. stat collectors often have a better chance of MVP title.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It has become sad reading your rambling insults.

Awwww...................did I hurt your feewings? Are you going to cry?

Not as sad as reading your drivel. It would be great to hear you say something football intelligent for once.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
you just danced around your own statement....but I get it. you have a tough time admiting you maybe wrong or have taken the wrong approach. its ok.

and yes IF he doesn't work out, then we have saddled ourselves...same thing for 31 other teams....its the risk you take and have to take. specially when no one is able to offer any other alternatives that are better than current one. its part of building and putting a team together to have a chance at the ultimate prize. but seemingly you are already going down the path that this will fail....you have avoided offering any other alternatives other than I don't like this one. it says a lot.

and its been 5 years. true. but you seemingly expect to have accomplished a superbowl win and MVP in that time. is that realistic? is it realistic to expect every QB to win an MVP and superbowl in their first 5 years. there is about 2-5 first round QBs that get drafted each year, amounting to 10+ QBs over a 5 year span....I guess they are all nothing but failures...

and you danced around this before....and just to be sure, I am using your logic, but not comparing so dont' go down that path. Peyton Manning went 0-4 and didn't win an MVP in his first 5 seasons. do you consider him a failure? would you not have given him a new contract? would you blame him for team's short comings?

btw, the way Dak started 2020, he was in MVP discussions....he got injured.

my bar is as high as yours. except I am more realistic about it and stick to one logic, not change from post to post and response to response.

btw, regarding Romo not getting his starting job back. I argued then and since then and even this year, that was a mistake. no rookie, no matter how good ever has post season success. it takes experience. given the 2016 team, as good as Dak played, and I was very happy to have found our future QB, I would have given the job back to Romo. his experience would have been more valuable to us, although no gaurantee if we would have beaten GB given how the defense played. but that was a decision that was made by GM most probably, seeing how he made more money selling more #4 Jerseys. I would have moved on from Romo after 2016.

and I don't know when Dak's replacement point is. I know we are not there yet. his time will come as does everybody else. guaranteed. its not about # of years, there is more to it than that....you are again going down the wrong line of argument and logic, which makes zero sense. How many years did Brees get? he got dumped. do you think SD made a mistake letting him go? he didn't set the world on fire in SD. do you think they regret going with Rivers, given his lack of post season success. to that point, should SD moved on from Rivers years earlier before his arm was shot? your approach and logic makes no sense. its just scatter shooting thoughts. Rodgers hasn't had reached the superbowl in 10 years. should GB move on? did they make a mistake sticking with him for so long?

let me be very very very clear. I am not comparing Dak to those guys, so don't get all twisted. but those are examples of other teams and other QBs. similar results and situations...

p.s. MVPs are meaningless to me. they are for the fans. they are subjective and not objective. stat collectors often have a better chance of MVP title.

MountainCryBaby cant analyze QB play outside of wins and losses. He has no idea what good QB play is. He faults Dak and the offense for the Browns loss 38-49. Said point blank that the defense sucked because of the offense.