Imagine how much better CeeDee is going to be in 2021 with a full season of Dak Prescott

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Healthy Dak, healthy OL, which means less focus on Zeke at times. Or if they do stack the box, then Dak and the receivers hit them.

Hopefully the defense improves enough to give them some shorter fields, as that will be a huge plus. I am tired of starting what seems 98% of our drives inside our own 20.
I think a lot is going to be with special teams. We started heavy drive on our side of the field last season. Imagine only going 40 yards for TD rather than 80

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Having the worst special teams in the league didn’t help us. Traveling an extra 40 yards per drive.

dckid

Reaction score
Having the worst special teams in the league didn’t help us. Traveling an extra 40 yards per drive.
Maybe we can hire my 9 year to explain to Big Mike when to punt and when to go for it. I don't understand why teams don't just hire a game manager to assist a coach.
This team is only worth 6 billion or so

dckid

Reaction score
No one can accurately predict the future. But if all of our guys stay healthy, good luck stopping them.
Calling plays is one thing, calling the game is another.
We need Big Mike to own this organization, and not let boy wonder screw up a game. Big Mike please do more than turn the lights on and off a the facility.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Amen to that . . . that's where all this division started . . . the Idiot Owner going all in on Dak . . . All Ego Jerry had to be the smartest man in the room, He was consumed with slapping himself on the back by out smarting the league by drafting a RB and still drafting the Best QB in that draft . . . The future was wide open. . . 5 years later He paid a broken QB that never improved . . . .and any success was because the team showcased him and every time we do the won loss stat takes a hit .

Since 2016 we as fans have been put through the great Dak experiment all because Jerry is still trying to Justify his Idiotic decision in the 2016 playoffs.

Eagles and Rams have already cut ties with their QB's and here we are still at each others throats over the Enigmatic Fraud that is Dak
Jerry was thinking sales, jersey sales, #4 was coming off the shelf....he and garrett (as usual) out smarted themselves.

on the contrary, Dak improved, a lot to where he is a top 10 QB and may vie for top 5 soon.

we should have never drafted a RB at 4th...you can find them in other rounds just as easily. their shelf life is 4-6 years anyway, so paying Zeke and making him the highest paid RB was another big mistake on top of another one. imagine if Ramsey was here instead.....

we made the right decision by keeping Dak, given no one has been able to provide a better alternative. I am always open to better alternatives.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Jerry was thinking sales, jersey sales, #4 was coming off the shelf....he and garrett (as usual) out smarted themselves.

on the contrary, Dak improved, a lot to where he is a top 10 QB and may vie for top 5 soon.

we should have never drafted a RB at 4th...you can find them in other rounds just as easily. their shelf life is 4-6 years anyway, so paying Zeke and making him the highest paid RB was another big mistake on top of another one. imagine if Ramsey was here instead.....

we made the right decision by keeping Dak, given no one has been able to provide a better alternative. I am always open to better alternatives.
My "alternative" would have been to tag Dak with the Restrictive tag and allowed him to walk. . . i would have then signed Brady . . . could have used the 2 number 1's to package a deal for Rodgers . . . even Stafford was on the market.

That excuse there is no alternative has been Proven to be a False strawman . in fact signing mercenary QB's seams to be a thing in the NFL now.

Because of this the Cowboys are in prime position to sign Mercenaries because of endorsements and no taxes

So I will not accept that argument any more . . . only thing I can't prove Who we would have ended up with. . . but all things considered even Dalton did a great Job. . . our Wr's are that good

NotForLong

Reaction score

Meanwhile this organization is split down the middle over Dak and we have to keep waiting while being loyal.

The only reason Zeke made any type of sense was because he was a compliment to Romo. . . and that's the only reason they took him . . . That 2016 team would have been untouchable with Romo at QB . . . we waited all those years with the trainwreck that was Garrett . . . Got cheated in 2014 and then we are so close . . . Jerry pulled the rug out from under us.

But what irked me the most was the why the fans dumped Romo . . . it made absolutely no sense . . . and was only justified amongst the talking heads that alwAys hated the Cowboys and Romo. . . the same media shores that want to sell ratings. . . yet all the arguments idiots like SAS and Shannon Sharpe used to Justify Dak over Romo were the same excuses the No Nothing easily brain washed America's team fans were using

And here we are stuck in the middle.

At least the talent around Dak is building I am excited only 4 more years to wait

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
My "alternative" would have been to tag Dak with the Restrictive tag and allowed him to walk. . . i would have then signed Brady . . . could have used the 2 number 1's to package a deal for Rodgers . . . even Stafford was on the market.

That excuse there is no alternative has been Proven to be a False strawman . in fact signing mercenary QB's seams to be a thing in the NFL now.

Because of this the Cowboys are in prime position to sign Mercenaries because of endorsements and no taxes

So I will not accept that argument any more . . . only thing I can't prove Who we would have ended up with. . . but all things considered even Dalton did a great Job. . . our Wr's are that good
well, you live in fantasy football. How do you know Brady would have signed here? he obviously wasn't after money, given how much he has made and his goal was to go to a team with chance to win the superbowl in his two years (which is what he did his first year in tampa). Tampa was much more ready than cowboys to compete...so thinking you would have signed Brady is pure pure fantasy. why would brady come to a team, with first year head coaches, circus like atmosphere, implementing new system and a OC with all of 1 year of experience..... come on seriously!!!

Second, who these days has signed a franchise player and given up two first round picks? when was the last time that happened? if you let Dak walk and Brady doesn't sign (which he wouldn't have), you screwed yourself. lets say for the sake of fantasy argument, you signed brady and had Dak, then teams would wait until you released Dak and not give up 2 1st round picks...total total fantasy football on your part. syou are 0 for 2...

so the alternatives are nothing but yahoo fantasy football league trades, which don't happen in the real world. now the Rams put all their chips in with trading for Stafford, which is going to back fire when they don't make it to the superbowl and lose in the playoffs. then what? an old broken QB, with injury history and bad back on his way down, who has never won anything and no first round picks to rebuild the team. who came up with that stupid idea!!! imagine if cowboys did that, and 99.9% of this board would be up in arms, screaming...plus would you have given up 2 first round picks for stafford? and how would you rebuild the defense without first round picks!!!

Iand your dalton comment is just too laughable, given we saw how he imploded in front of us. that's just too laughable...Dalton...seriously...he is not even ranked in the top 32 of NFL and chicago liked him so much there were rumors they wanted to trade 3 first round picks and players to get wilson.. now, if you would have said, lets just dump everyone get picks and go with Dalton and rebuild from scratch, then you had a case....but 0-5 playoff dalton would be a losing cause, specially at this point in his career, past his prime (if he ever had one).

.seriously my friend, you have provided no options...

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Meanwhile this organization is split down the middle over Dak and we have to keep waiting while being loyal.

The only reason Zeke made any type of sense was because he was a compliment to Romo. . . and that's the only reason they took him . . . That 2016 team would have been untouchable with Romo at QB . . . we waited all those years with the trainwreck that was Garrett . . . Got cheated in 2014 and then we are so close . . . Jerry pulled the rug out from under us.

But what irked me the most was the why the fans dumped Romo . . . it made absolutely no sense . . . and was only justified amongst the talking heads that alwAys hated the Cowboys and Romo. . . the same media shores that want to sell ratings. . . yet all the arguments idiots like SAS and Shannon Sharpe used to Justify Dak over Romo were the same excuses the No Nothing easily brain washed America's team fans were using

And here we are stuck in the middle.

At least the talent around Dak is building I am excited only 4 more years to wait
the organization is not split down the middle on Dak. how did you come up to that conclusion? perhaps about 10 fans on this message board, who incessantly argue about Dak. but the organization all along had wanted Dak, given they franchised him last year. franchised him again this year. that's the exact opposite of what you said.

I know zeke is good. that's not the issue, but generally speaking in the new NFL, I don't care how good a back is, you don't draft one in the top 15. drafting zeke was a mistake. we could have had Henry in the second. ...I think the 2016 team would have been really good with Romo. I think we would have gone further in the playoffs with Romo, although given Garrett was the headcoach I seriously doubt we would have made superbowl...he just wasn't that good of a coach, given his penchant to grab defeat from jaws of victory through out his career.

I also didn't like the Romo hate, never understood it. I think most of the fans just oppose the big contracts, so once Romo got a contract, the fans turned against him.

btw, I never listen to Shannon Sharp and his idiot side kick. they do the good cop/bad cop act, and just say stupid things to generate headlines and get clicks...no one takes them seriously....

Dak will surprise a lot of people and you just put Dak in a lose/lose situation just like those who did romo...If Dak doesn't do well, then everyone here would be screaming "I told you so". if he does well, then every one will say "its the talent around him". no matter what he does, its never going to be good enough for some people. just like Romo.

NotForLong

Reaction score
well, you live in fantasy football. How do you know Brady would have signed here?
How do you know he would not have signed here?

Second, who these days has signed a franchise player and given up two first round picks?

there were rumors they wanted to trade 3 first round picks and players to get wilson..

Kind of contradicted yourself there didn't you.

Besides its Dak Prescott. . . someone would have made an offer . . . or isn't he that great.
Again you are contradicting yourself

seriously my friend, you have provided no options...

I provided options there are always options. You wanna claim its all fantasy that we would have acquired them . . . maybe, but they are still options.

And you can't deny that

Also can we stop ragging on Dalton just to prop up Dak . . . doesn't Dalton get extra credit for the dumpster fore this team was?

And before you go off trashing the messenger (Cowherd) just look at the stats

NotForLong

Reaction score
the organization is not split down the middle on Dak. how did you come up to that conclusion? perhaps about 10 fans on this message board, who incessantly argue about Dak. but the organization all along had wanted Dak, given they franchised him last year. franchised him again this year. that's the exact opposite of what you said.

I know zeke is good. that's not the issue, but generally speaking in the new NFL, I don't care how good a back is, you don't draft one in the top 15. drafting zeke was a mistake. we could have had Henry in the second. ...I think the 2016 team would have been really good with Romo. I think we would have gone further in the playoffs with Romo, although given Garrett was the headcoach I seriously doubt we would have made superbowl...he just wasn't that good of a coach, given his penchant to grab defeat from jaws of victory through out his career.

I also didn't like the Romo hate, never understood it. I think most of the fans just oppose the big contracts, so once Romo got a contract, the fans turned against him.

btw, I never listen to Shannon Sharp and his idiot side kick. they do the good cop/bad cop act, and just say stupid things to generate headlines and get clicks...no one takes them seriously....

Dak will surprise a lot of people and you just put Dak in a lose/lose situation just like those who did romo...If Dak doesn't do well, then everyone here would be screaming "I told you so". if he does well, then every one will say "its the talent around him". no matter what he does, its never going to be good enough for some people. just like Romo.
I am talking about the Fan base. . . the organization are idiots . . . there are a lot of Fans who put up with Dak and hope for the best. . . because they bleed blue.

But anyone who watches a game knows He is not Great.

And that's the perception with him and its a Fallacy. . .

You think there are only 10 people who are not satisfied with Dak.. . come on get real.

I watch a lot of football iny life and I can say He is average at best. . . His athleticism is his strength and I fear He may have lost that after injury.

We got a lemon

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
I remember one time late in the season a easy catch to CD was dropped and he just looked at his hands like he couldn't believe it. He is a future star with Dak back at qb because he doesn't drop many easy ones like that.