Imagine taking T.J. Watt instead of Taco

joseephuss

Reaction score
The Steelers have yet to win a single playoff game with Watt on their team.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
and having the super duo linebacker core of Parsons w/ Watt.......even greater than the doomsday defense of the landry era.....I cringe everytime I think about it Taco bum was selected instead of......could of should of.....but its great to ponder..
The misses and risk we’ve taken in draft this era on defense has been the major contributing factor for this teams lack of more success.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Which brings us to the most relevant point. Bad personnel moves have major repercussions, often costing the team dearly for years. Which is why Jerry being the GM hurts us so badly.

This one mistake has had an incredible rippling effect. One mistake resulting in another.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Folks keep bringing up Garrett as Micah’s chief rival for DPOY. However, it’s really TJ Watts award to lose.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I do. They’re bad excuse attempts.
I guess . But what’s he really trying to say? That Watts isn’t that good because the team isn’t .

I’d say it’s much more agenda driven and or ignorance . I haven’t seen this poster , don’t recall responding to him before so I have no vibe to his history but this post is certainly suspect.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I guess . But what’s he really trying to say? That Watts isn’t that good because the team isn’t .

That was the attempt.

I’d say it’s much more agenda driven and or ignorance . I haven’t seen this poster , don’t recall responding to him before so I have no vibe to his history but this post is certainly suspect.

I see it as one of many fans who can’t handle the ‘bad news’ part of talking about their favorite team. It’s quite common. Good news they can handle, bad news sends them running for excuses. As lame as they usually are.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Perfect example of a team leaning on the coaches b/c they have no organizational expertise. Any fool who watches college football could have told you that Taco may look the part, but he was a pure head case.. Same thing with Tristan Hill. Marinelli just sucked at evaluating college players.

joseephuss

Reaction score
And so you think that says what? That Watt suks cause Steelers haven’t had as good of team. Just don’t get comments like this .

It says it takes more than one single player to make a quality team. No one player is going to make a team a successful one. So Dallas screwed up on Charlton. He alone wasn't preventing the Cowboys from winning a championship. Cut him and move on. Had Watt been in Dallas it guaranteed nothing. They need quality players at every position, starters and backups. They way some people talk about Watt, they make him out to be the best ever who can carry a team. Obviously that isn't the case because no one player does that.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It says it takes more than one single player to make a quality team. No one player is going to make a team a successful one. So Dallas screwed up on Charlton. He alone wasn't preventing the Cowboys from winning a championship. Cut him and move on. Had Watt been in Dallas it guaranteed nothing. They need quality players at every position, starters and backups. They way some people talk about Watt, they make him out to be the best ever who can carry a team. Obviously that isn't the case because no one player does that.
Quality players at every position isn’t possible in Cap era. But players like Watt definitely put you closer if you have other pieces in place.

The bigger point is he was there when we selected so it’s an easy critique . And it’s an example on some of the misses we’ve had this era on defense in draft which cumulatively could have made a difference .

If you can open yourself up to critical thinking it’s a valid argument.

Last edited:

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Might have. I think you used the term hindsight when it wasn't true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nope, from my perspective it's absolutely true.
At the time of the draft there was no way to know how these 2 players were going to pan out.
It's only after hindsight we see that Taco was a bust and Watt was a stud.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Nope, from my perspective it's absolutely true.
At the time of the draft there was no way to know how these 2 players were going to pan out.
It's only after hindsight we see that Taco was a bust and Watt was a stud.
But we have to evaluate those eyes and minds who made those decisions as this wasn’t the only miss or risk we took this era that didn’t work out on defense.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
But we have to evaluate those eyes and minds who made those decisions as this wasn’t the only miss or risk we took this era that didn’t work out on defense.
We should always evaluate our misses in an effort to improve.
My larger point is that overall the boys draft folks have done a great job relative to other teams.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Quality players at every position isn’t possible in Cap era. But players like Watt definitely put you closer if you have other pieces in place.

The bigger point is he was there when we selected so it’s an easy critique . And it’s an example on some of the misses we’ve had this era on defense in draft which cumulatively could have made a difference .

If you can open yourself up to critical thinking it’s a valid argument.
Good point my friend