Important development on Dan Quinn's future

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
Is that a development on DQ's future.....or MM's in Dallas after next season???
Ah nice point. If and when we flunk out again, and Jerry politely asks Mike to bring his sleeping bag home, we might have a shot at Johnson. That gives me a bit of hope!

slick325

Reaction score
Ben Johnson wanting to have a chance to finish what he started in Detroit is admirable. The two remaining jobs may not have been that appealing to him. The Washington job seems better since he would have gotten to pick his QB at #2, there are a ton of high picks and the team has a lot of cap space. Plus, new ownership and a new GM.

Oh well. If he is successful next season, there could potentially be jobs available in Dallas, Philadelphia, Buffalo and maybe with the NY Giants. Maybe that went into his thinking as well.

Dan Quinn now jumps to the top of both Seattle and Washington, I suppose. Still wouldn't surprise me if other people are selected and Quinn returns to Dallas.

Last edited:

Kwyn

Reaction score

He was the betting favorite to land either job.

We really need Quinn to get a HC job now.

Since we are stuck with the ownership and GM, the only place for change is coaching. If Quinn has a decent year with us next year but McCarthy is cut loose it would be way to easy to just promote Quinn.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We really need Quinn to get a HC job now.

Since we are stuck with the ownership and GM, the only place for change is coaching. If Quinn has a decent year with us next year but McCarthy is cut loose it would be way to easy to just promote Quinn.
You lose Quinn and you're not as close to the rim.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Ben Johnson wanting to have a chance to finish what he started in Detroit is admirable. The two remaining jobs may not have been that appealing to him. The Washington job seems better since he would have gotten to pick his QB at #2, there are a ton of high picks and the team has a lot of cap space. Plus, new ownership and a new GM.

Oh well. If he is successful next season, there could potentially be jobs available in Dallas, Philadelphia, Buffalo and maybe with the NY Giants. Maybe that went into his thinking as well.

Dan Quinn now jumps to the top of both Seattle and Washington, I suppose. Still wouldn't surprise me if other people are selected and Quinn returns to Dallas.
Lots of rumors this was a money decision. Strong reports that he was looking for 15m with some reports saying it was even more.

That’s crazy money for someone without skins on the wall.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Wow. That could have some real residual effects, think commanders really liked him- but now does that help Macdonald, make vrabel an option for teams? Elevate Quinn on the list?

It may be the twist that actually makes us lose dq
Slowik still in the mix

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
It seems like Quinn has looked for a head coaching job every season that he's been here. As soon as his contract runs out I hope Jerry doesn't renew it.

Anyone considering him for a head coaching position I guess hasn't seen his 2-minute defense. It's reminiscent of the loss to the patriots. It's in his blood to lose games.
I think the entire coaching staff feels their contracts have run out already. I don't see Quinn coming back and I don't see the Cowboys being able to replace him with anyone nearly as good. Mike Nolan, anyone?

J_Allen

Reaction score
I think the entire coaching staff feels their contracts have run out already. I don't see Quinn coming back and I don't see the Cowboys being able to replace him with anyone nearly as good. Mike Nolan, anyone?
Did you see his defense at the end of halves/games? Did you see the big plays we gave up all year? Quinn sucks.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Lots of rumors this was a money decision. Strong reports that he was looking for 15m with some reports saying it was even more.

That’s crazy money for someone without skins on the wall.
On the other hand, if after next season you think you may want him to be your HC, you would be wise not to waste time deliberating and offer him the salary he’s asking for or offer the job to someone else. He probably thought if the two franchises were not that sure about him and/or what he thinks he’s worth, he’ll put it off another year. He’s 37. Screw Washington. Next year the other three NFC East teams my well be looking for a new head coach.

Mr_437

Reaction score
This is good news! Maybe we can land Johnson next year for HC.
Too young and they don't know him. Kellen probably has a better shot. But, I would like Ben as the OC/HC...CeeDee n Ferg would go crazy.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Did you see his defense at the end of halves/games? Did you see the big plays we gave up all year? Quinn sucks.
Did you see the dudes he had playing at LB? Who do you think is coming to Dallas with the entire coaching staff on the last year of their contract?