Twitter: Impressive Jourdan Lewis stat

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Romo_To_Dez, Sep 10, 2019.

1. TexasHillbilly

TexasHillbilly Well-Known Member

1,320 Messages
    1,141 Likes Received
    The giants coaching staff were trying to fool us. I'd say it worked out rather well, wouldn't you? :laugh:

JayFord likes this.
  2. Baileyneverfailey

Baileyneverfailey Joshmvii

3,006 Messages
    581 Likes Received
    Better believe Jones agent is going to be referencing all those PFF stats about how good he was last year, and if he's that good again this year, he's going to be looking to reset the market for CBs. And teams ALWAYS overpay for CBs in FA, so we'd be competing with that market.

3. Hennessy_King

Hennessy_King Well-Known Member

6,476 Messages
    8,486 Likes Received
    That's how I know you don't know what you are talking about. There's a big difference between all-pro and pro bowl. and he made the pro bowl. I said byron was a failed safety years ago. He's an athlete not a football player, you can get away with that skill set as a corner but not as a safety. Hence why he's still average at best in zone and has 2 ints in 4 years. No instincts and awareness for the ball. Still isn't that great against the run even at corner.

kskboys and Melonfeud like this.
  4. Hennessy_King

6,476 Messages
    8,486 Likes Received
    And then cowboys can show him how meh he was toward the end of the season and the playoffs. He was average the last 6 weeks of the season. And I don't care or want to hear his hip was "bothering" him.

5. Melonfeud

Melonfeud I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe. Zone Supporter

20,019 Messages
    30,957 Likes Received
    What would trade value in Anthony Brown bring?, less than his draft round?
    ( idk, that's why I ask) personally,I like the #30 as he's "proofed tested" out to be true,in his rookie season& will most probally prove to be a cost effective player to have on the roster later on, although, cutting the tether line & floating yer' first rd pick #31 on down stream doesn't calculate all that well in the logic dept. eithero_O

6. Streetwise

Streetwise Well-Known Member

9,401 Messages
    10,011 Likes Received
    It's ok if you're not informed. I'm just going by what I've read.

7. Batman1980

Batman1980 Well-Known Member

5,193 Messages
    7,815 Likes Received
    I like Lewis far more than Brown, Jones or Awuzie.

kskboys likes this.
  8. kskboys

kskboys Well-Known Member

13,959 Messages
    15,997 Likes Received
    Credentials? Did you forget where you where? This is a message board where we exchange our thoughts and ideas.

You don't have the credentials to say he doesn't have the credentials!!!!!!!!!!!

9. kskboys

13,959 Messages
    15,997 Likes Received
    OK, thought that would get the idea across. Let me try another way.

Saying someone is the most talented does not mean they have the best numbers, especially if they don't play a lot. To use numbers, a quite large sample must be available. Since there's not in this case, numbers are almost irrelevant.

10. Future

Future Intramural Legend

20,806 Messages
    6,527 Likes Received
    You got your idea across it's just a stupid point, especially since the thread starts with numbers.

But saying someone is more talented when they play against lesser competition is disingenuous. In this case, it skews the numbers already being talked about.

11. Streetwise

9,401 Messages
    10,011 Likes Received
    Brown, not Jones and Awuzie.

12. Hennessy_King

6,476 Messages
    8,486 Likes Received
    Where's the link or report you've read that I haven't? Maybe I'm not informed. Inform me.

13. Hennessy_King

6,476 Messages
    8,486 Likes Received
    Lewis played better than brown and chido last season. All of last season. Sooooo.........

lopey and kskboys like this.
  14. kskboys

13,959 Messages
    15,997 Likes Received
    No, it's not. You have declared you get it, but you don't.

Talent is talent no matter what the numbers say. Some players don't play up to their talent level, some play above it.

You're misusing or not understand the word "disingenuous". It means not straightforward or sincere or frank. My point is all of those, and it's quite simple: Talent is a separate conversation than numbers.

15. Streetwise

9,401 Messages
    10,011 Likes Received
    When I have time I'll look, but I'm not making it up. It's really not a big deal. You have a boner for Lewis and nothing will change your mind anyway.

16. kskboys

13,959 Messages
    15,997 Likes Received
    It would take bad play by Lewis for me to change my mind. He has played way above average every time he's played.

17. Streetwise

9,401 Messages
    10,011 Likes Received
    No he didn't. Not Awuzie. Statistically it's not even close.

18. Streetwise

9,401 Messages
    10,011 Likes Received
    It's just inaccurate. Believe what you want. They're not even playing the same position to start.

19. cern

cern Well-Known Member

7,544 Messages
    9,952 Likes Received
    some judge cb greatness by the number of picks they get. others say great cb's don't get lot of picks because qb's are afraid to throw in their direction. which is right. most impressive to me was how lewis totally controlled Alvin kamara last year in the saints game.

20. Future

Future Intramural Legend

20,806 Messages
    6,527 Likes Received
    And my point is that it's easy to look like a better player when you play 9 snaps covering Alvin Kamara than 40 following around Michael Thomas.

I like Lewis more than Brown, but saying he's better than Chido and Byron is silly.

amame25 likes this.