In 2018, Peters slams Cowboys bandwagon fans

Reaction score
No but you don't need to hate on every single thing, or turn anything or everything positive into a negative.
Then spew the same crap over and over in every thread.

Just be happy there was something positive and go with it.
The poster implied that if you don't predict enough wins in a poll, you are not a fan.

Very different than what you are talking about.

GINeric

Reaction score
Every team has bandwagon fans. Cowboys are no different.

Cowboys may have more bandwagon fans. But that is because they have more fans in general.

Bandwagon fans latch themselves onto the latest winning/hottest teams. Thats why you've had an uptick in Chiefs and Rams fans recently. Its funny how you don't see Patriots gear all over the country like you used to. Thats because they are Bandwagon fans.

Can't call Cowboys fans Bandwagon fans because that really doesn't make sense. The Cowboys haven't been in Superbowls since the 90s. If anything Dallas has REAL fans.

Bandwagon fans are your newly Chiefs fans, Rams fans, Golden State Warrior fans, stuff like that. Im pretty sure there will be alot more Bengals fans mysteriously popping up this year....

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
:facepalm:

Exactly what bandwagon are they riding? The three playoff wins in 26 years bandwagon?

It takes a fair amount of dedication to keep rooting for a team that has come up short since the mid-90s.
Cowboys were 12-5 last year. You were one of the bandwagoners. I think you predicted 8-9 or something like that but by the end of the regular season you had jumped back on the bandwagon. You and many others.

dfense

Reaction score
Whatever, Cowboys won that game in 2018 27-20 anyways.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bandwagon fans latch themselves onto the latest winning/hottest teams. Thats why you've had an uptick in Chiefs and Rams fans recently. Its funny how you don't see Patriots gear all over the country like you used to. Thats because they are Bandwagon fans.

Can't call Cowboys fans Bandwagon fans because that really doesn't make sense. The Cowboys haven't been in Superbowls since the 90s. If anything Dallas has REAL fans.

Bandwagon fans are your newly Chiefs fans, Rams fans, Golden State Warrior fans, stuff like that. Im pretty sure there will be alot more Bengals fans mysteriously popping up this year....

Oh I know a few like this.
One guy I known since 1998, his team is usually who won recently. Or has had success over several years.

I call him out on it all the time.
I never heard him mention Alabama, or the Patriots, and a few years ago...Oh, I always liked those teams....And now he likes TB because TB12 is there. And a few yeas back, he also liked the Chiefs all of a sudden, because they were original from Dallas. Never heard him mention them before.
He jumped from the Rangers to the Astros. hmmm...claiming because Nolan Ryan was ousted and went to help his son in Houston.

He hates the Cowboys, but talks highly of them about Jimmy Johnson teams...

A husband and wife I know, huge Saints fans, as well LSU tiger fans. And they are true fans to those teams. They claim they do not like the Bengals, but are huge Joe Burrow fans and wished him well, to win a SB. And that is understandable. So does not that make them now, a Bengals fan. :laugh:

irishline

Reaction score
Cowboys have more bandwagon fans percentage wise than any other team in the NFL and it’s not even close.

I don't think the definition of bandwagon means what you think it does. Almost everyone on this board is a die hard fan whether you think so or not. Disagreeing with their opinions does not change that. They have been here through ups and down, constantly discussing their positive and negative thoughts on this team. Make no mistake, the negative comments are just from a desire to see what they think is wrong improved so this team can improve. Not some twisted need to see failure as some try and paint it as. I don't always agree with their position but I do not begrudge them for having it, nor would I question their Fandom.

A bandwagon fan on the other hand only shows his face when the team succeeds. We have those, but I question if they are more or less prevalent compared to other teams. I sure as heck know its not 99% of the people on here.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I don't think the definition of bandwagon means what you think it does. Almost everyone on this board is a die hard fan whether you think so or not. Disagreeing with their opinions does not change that. They have been here through ups and down, constantly discussing their positive and negative thoughts on this team. Make no mistake, the negative comments are just from a desire to see what they think is wrong improve so this team has improved. I don't always agree with their position but I would never begrudge them for having it, nor would I question their Fandom.

A bandwagon fan on the other hand only shows his face when the team succeeds. We have those, but I question if they are more or less prevalent compared to other teams. I sure as heck know its not 99% of the people on here.
I don’t consider a fan who constantly whines about the players, the coaches and the FO a diehard fan.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
That is a load of BS. I was born and raised in Ohio, and grew up a Cowboys fan. I moved to the DFW are when I was 40.
There are many other fans on here as well grew up in other areas and have not been BW fans.
Thats basically a toned down version of his only Texans are real fans that he got murdered for lol

GINeric

Reaction score
If they weren't a diehard fan they wouldn't care. Anyone who's complaining here cares.

Not necessarily... there are people here that complain about players even after they've had a solid to good game. I don't understand that dumb brand of logic, but whatever floats their boats.....

GINeric

Reaction score
Any fan not from local or regional broadcast area are basically wagon fans . There are some exceptions like if they moved or family from here..

That doesn’t mean wagon fans are all bad . I’ve met some great Cowboy fans from abroad . But if you’re not from here or family, etc then most wagon fans have abandoned their local or regional team for various reasons .

I have to disagree with this. I was born and raised in DC and have been a Cowboys fan since I was a child. I was drawn in by the colors, shiny helmet, the star on the helmet, the big star in the middle of the field.....

I can guarantee you, Ive been to more home and away games in Dallas and around the country than some locals from Dallas have. That doesn't make the locals any less of a fan, i was just fortunate to have had the parents that could afford to take us, then i grew up and kept going on my own. They are the only NFL team that Ive ever loved, so people like me aren't bandwagon, we're True Blue!!

Bandwagon fans bounce around from successful team to successful team. Isn't it ironic how many Milwaukee Bucks fans there are around the country all of a sudden??? When i grew up, Milwaukee Bucks didn't even play national tv. They were like a G-League team to the national public even though they were in the NBA.

Sane goes for the New England Patriots and Cleveland Cavaliers.... speaking of those teams where have all those jerseys gone???

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Cowboys were 12-5 last year. You were one of the bandwagoners. I think you predicted 8-9 or something like that but by the end of the regular season you had jumped back on the bandwagon. You and many others.
We all rode that bandwagon straight to a Wild Card loss.

Well, almost all of us, you quit around Week 13 and only just now resurfaced.....

Blackrain

Reaction score
You try being a Cowboys fan in Steeler country in the 70s. Rooting for the local team is easy. You never catch any heat because everyone agrees with you.

I hear you brother being a Cowboys fan in eagle country is no picnic going to games in the old veterans stadium was a life-threatening experience.

Being a Cowboys fan in Texas is really a day at the beach compared to being a Cowboys fan anywhere in Pennsylvania.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
You try being a Cowboys fan in Steeler country in the 70s. Rooting for the local team is easy. You never catch any heat because everyone agrees with you.
Try to be a Cowboys fan in the middle of Red *** er, Commandores country.

All this "you're not a fan, yes I am" talk is funny.

My younger brother used to get on my nerves, and we used to fight in the house. But nobody else outside the family better not touch him because it'll be on like pop corn.

Yes, it's conceivable to criticize a member of your family, even fight with them and defend them when others outside the family try to attack them.

Human nature proves this, thus, you can be a fan of a team and still not like their ways or not like what they're doing or, yes, even have them get on your nerves. It's called family issues. But family comes together when there's a thread from outside.

That's all all these arguments between Cowboys fans amount to. Shrug.

Blackrain

Reaction score
It's like what's he going to say as an eagles player if he wants to make it home in one piece and not have his house fire bombed he better not say anything positive about the Cowboys.
Down deep Texas is home and he and Jerry were both Arkansas razorbacks so who cares what smack he had to talk while he was an eagles player.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I have to disagree with this. I was born and raised in DC and have been a Cowboys fan since I was a child. I was drawn in by the colors, shiny helmet, the star on the helmet, the big star in the middle of the field.....

I can guarantee you, Ive been to more home and away games in Dallas and around the country than some locals from Dallas have. That doesn't make the locals any less of a fan, i was just fortunate to have had the parents that could afford to take us, then i grew up and kept going on my own. They are the only NFL team that Ive ever loved, so people like me aren't bandwagon, we're True Blue!!

Bandwagon fans bounce around from successful team to successful team. Isn't it ironic how many Milwaukee Bucks fans there are around the country all of a sudden??? When i grew up, Milwaukee Bucks didn't even play national tv. They were like a G-League team to the national public even though they were in the NBA.

Sane goes for the New England Patriots and Cleveland Cavaliers.... speaking of those teams where have all those jerseys gone???
I agree about those type of Bandwagon fans. That’s not what I’m referring to.