In 2018, Peters slams Cowboys bandwagon fans

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You try being a Cowboys fan in Steeler country in the 70s. Rooting for the local team is easy. You never catch any heat because everyone agrees with you.
That’s the way it should be. Why would anyone from Pittsburgh area not be a Steeler fan?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Why would anyone from Pittsburgh area not be a Steeler fan?

1. I spent summers in the 70s at my aunt's house in Garland. I suspect you know where Garland is located.
2. As a kid, I knew what a "Cowboy" was. To this day "Steeler" just feels like a made up word. It sounds silly.
3. I'm actually from Ohio. Pittsburgh is the closest team but I'm not a Pennsylvanian. My family were not Steelers fans. They were Browns fans and the Browns felt boring.
4. My favorite player was Staubach, not Bradshaw. Landry wore a fedora, like my grandpa, so that resonated with me as well.
5. Last, but not least, I have never identified with guys like this:

1229743724.0.jpg

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It's like what's he going to say as an eagles player if he wants to make it home in one piece and not have his house fire bombed he better not say anything positive about the Cowboys.
Down deep Texas is home and he and Jerry were both Arkansas razorbacks so who cares what smack he had to talk while he was an eagles player.
He’s a native Texan . He was prob initially a Dallas fan or possibly from East Texas in the sticks a Houston fan. Lol

Diehardblues

Reaction score
1. I spent summers in the 70s at my aunt's house in Garland. I suspect you know where Garland is located.
2. As a kid, I knew what a "Cowboy" was. To this day "Steeler" just feels like a made up word. It sounds silly.
3. I'm actually from Ohio. Pittsburgh is the closest team but I'm not a Pennsylvanian.
4. My favorite player was Staubach, not Bradshaw. Landry wore a fedora, like my grandpa, so that resonated with me as well.
5. Last, but not least, I have never identified with guys like this:

1229743724.0.jpg
Then you’d fall into one of those exceptions . Influence from family, etc. Dallas area like a second home.

GINeric

Reaction score
I agree about those type of Bandwagon fans. That’s not what I’m referring to.

Thats just the thing... you can't be a life long bandwagon fan.... thats like calling life long vegetarians, life long meat eaters. That don't make sense.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Then you’d fall into one of those exceptions . Influence from family, etc. Dallas area like a second home.

Steelers fans are such clowns. If I had to support a regional team it'd be the Bengals because the Browns are still boring.

But the whole idea that the Cowboys still have bandwagon fans is comical. This team has done next to nothing in postseason for a quarter century. The bandwagon fans bailed a long time ago. The people still subjecting themselves to the Jones boys are committed, for better or worse, no matter where they happen to live.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Thats just the thing... you can't be a life long bandwagon fan.... thats like calling life long vegetarians, life long meat eaters. That don't make sense.
I’m always called what I’m referring to as ‘afar fans’. Which isn’t a bad thing. I’ve met some great afar fans. Some greater fans than some here at home.

GINeric

Reaction score
Steelers fans are such clowns. If I had to support a regional team it'd be the Bengals because the Browns are still boring.

But the whole idea that the Cowboys still have bandwagon fans is comical. This team has done next to nothing in postseason for a quarter century. The bandwagon fans bailed a long time ago. The people still subjecting themselves to the Jones boys are committed, for better or worse, no matter where they happen to live.

:hammer::hammer::hammer:

Diehardblues

Reaction score

I’ve never really known Cowboy bandwagon fans. We have some very casual fans here locally, who only follow or watch when we’re winning.

And I’ve met some great afar fans in my travels as well . There’s a little different mentality from being born into versus choosing it.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I’ve never really known Cowboy bandwagon fans. We have some very casual fans here locally, who only follow or watch when we’re winning.

I'm foolishly loyal to my childhood teams. I still root for the Pirates because I loved Roberto Clemente and Willie Stargell, and that team doesn't even try to win.

At least I went to a university that wins most of the time, Ohio State, so I have that. Frankly, the Buckeyes win more now than they did when I was a student.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I'm foolishly loyal to my childhood teams. I still root for the Pirates because I loved Roberto Clemente and Willie Stargell, and that team doesn't even try to win.

At least I went to a university that wins most of the time, Ohio State, so I have that. Frankly, the Buckeyes win more now than they did when I was a student.
I have the most respect for fans of mostly dormant franchises. Growing up a Baylor fan my father taught me early on when most of my friends were Texas, SMU and A&M fans that it was easy to root for a winner but we should always support our local team and or Alma Mater regardless their success. That rooting for a loser builds character and you’ll appreciate even more when they have success.

That was a big part of why the Cowboys were so awesome when we finally begin playing for championships. Something I never had with my Alma Mater . I’ve remained a big supporter of our families school but the intensity for following the Cowboys was so much greater. Winning is more fun.

Amazingly after all of these years it’s gone full circle as Baylor is having more success than Dallas. My dad would have been so thrilled and proud. He was right!!!

Last edited:

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
I just took a look at the win/loss poll again... 19 members here I wouldn't even call them fans.

So to be a fan you must predict what? 13 wins? 14 wins? More?

Yeah.

What does the end all be all of who is and isn't a real fan @TheMightyVanHalen say is the least amount of wins you can predict and still be considered a Cowboys fan?

"The richest man can't buy time." If you picked Tampa to beat us and picked that we will have a losing record, then why even waste your time here....? Time is very valuable. You guys want to waste it on a team you think will stink? IMO, you (members here predicting a losing record) are either a troll, a fan of another team disguised as a Cowboys fan so you can bash them when they lose, a fan of an individual player only (like Romo or Micah Parsons), or a bandwagon fan.

We went 12-5 last year. No doubt our D got a lot better. We only lost Cooper and Tyron on offense. Collins? Yawn! Cooper doesn't have that "Eye of the Tiger" look to him. CeeDee outplayed him last year. Go ahead and claim like others have that it was Cooper who drew all the coverage to him so CeeDee can shine. Is there proof (tape) to that claim? I for one think he's overrated. We will see. Tyron, who's one of my favorite players on our team, he's always hurt. And Dak's leg had another year to heal. So I don't think they fell too to far back, if any, from last year losing those two players.

So IMO, those people who are predicting a losing record are either a troll, a fan of another team disguised as a Cowboys fan, a fan of an individual player only (I pick this one), or a bandwagon fan.

@MountaineerCowboy I personally think you're not a fan of the TEAM. A Micah Parsons fan? Sure. I'm not going to pretend and say I've seen every one of your posts, but off the top of my head I don't recall seeing a positive post from you unless we win, or it's for Parsons. You claim not to like Romo but I think you're a Romo fan and that's why you talk negative about Dak. If I'm wrong I apologize. I think most of the Dak haters are die hard Romo fans. I'm not saying you're a bad guy, or ANY ONE for that matter, for always ragging on our team, but I won't call people a fan who say we will stink before even playing a game. Sorry that's just how I feel. The negativity here brings me down. I'm a positive guy and I don't like to be surrounded by negativity. Which is why I logged off here for about 7 months after our season ended. Heck we would probably be good friends in the real world. I just couldn't watch a Cowboys game with you because if Dak threw an INT you would stand up and cheer. You know you would. Lol :DYou seemed awfully happy after that 49ers game. :(

Blackrain

Reaction score
He’s a native Texan . He was prob initially a Dallas fan or possibly from East Texas in the sticks a Houston fan. Lol
At this point beggars can't be choosers I'm just hoping this big old fella can still block and I got the feeling he can still get it done plus being able to mentor Tyler in this formative time

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
if you don't live within one mile of the stadium, you're not a fan. you bunch of bandwagoneers. sheesh.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Wow, never thought NFCE players would have any dislike for the opposing teams, especially the Eagles.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I'm surrounded by Deadskin, Steelers and eagle fans around here. It's disgusting.

Sorry. I'm surrounded by Saints fans here, but there are probably more Cowboys fans than Saints fans. Like a couple of Christmases ago, I was out shopping one cold day, saw 4-5 Cowboys shirts, hats, etc. but only 1 person in Saints gear.

So it's not too bad....