1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

In Conclusion, I Blame Garrett

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Eanwen, May 20, 2020 at 1:41 PM.

1. Eanwen

Eanwen Well-Known Member

877 Messages
    1,072 Likes Received
    I mentioned before in another thread Jeff Cavanaugh and others complaining on twitter live during games about the offensive playcalling. Here's Jeff talking about research based on last year.

Basically the worst thing we did (in terms of getting yards) on first down was run the football. The best thing we did was play action. So obviously there were more runs than play action on first down.

This is the sort of thing that happens when you don't self scout/use analytics (or maybe they did and just chose to ignore that input).

edit: Pretty sure this is what he was referring to:

buybuydandavis, 817Gill, Jake and 3 others like this.
  2. Captain43Crash

Captain43Crash Well-Known Member

4,242 Messages
    4,306 Likes Received
    98% of us also blame Garrett!!

3. hittheskids

hittheskids Well-Known Member

504 Messages
    835 Likes Received
    Garrett lasted five years to long as the HC and seven years to long in the organization.

Duane, CB61, Whyjerry and 10 others like this.
  4. ShortRound131

ShortRound131 Well-Known Member

13,326 Messages
    43,910 Likes Received
  5. Ranching

Ranching Well-Known Member

24,715 Messages
    64,259 Likes Received
    Not me!

6. Ranching

Ranching Well-Known Member

24,715 Messages
    64,259 Likes Received
    That's a bit harsh...

7. Jake

Jake Curmudgeon

19,276 Messages
    35,920 Likes Received
    The Ravens are on the cutting edge of the analytics movement, but to not even listen to the topic is shortsighted. Either Jason Garrett doesn’t understand analytics or he genuinely believes he knows more than what they can offer. Either way, it should signal the end of Jason Garrett.

Ding, dong the witch is dead.

8. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Moderator

79,682 Messages
    53,589 Likes Received
    [​IMG]

9. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

42,523 Messages
    43,646 Likes Received
    beat me to it

10. waldoputty

waldoputty Well-Known Member

23,112 Messages
    20,974 Likes Received
    GARRETT SUCKS GARRETT SUCKS GARRETT SUCKS GARRETT SUCKS GARRETT SUCKS GARRETT SUCKS GARRETT SUCKS GARRETT SUCKS GARRETT SUCKS GARRETT SUCKS GARRETT SUCKS GARRETT SUCKS GARRETT SUCKS GARRETT SUCKS GARRETT SUCKS GARRETT SUCKS GARRETT SUCKS GARRETT SUCKS GARRETT SUCKS GARRETT SUCKS GARRETT SUCKS GARRETT SUCKS GARRETT SUCKS GARRETT SUCKS GARRETT SUCKS GARRETT SUCKS GARRETT SUCKS GARRETT SUCKS GARRETT SUCKS GARRETT SUCKS GARRETT SUCKS GARRETT SUCKS GARRETT SUCKS GARRETT SUCKS GARRETT SUCKS GARRETT SUCKS GARRETT SUCKS GARRETT SUCKS GARRETT SUCKS GARRETT SUCKS GARRETT SUCKS GARRETT SUCKS GARRETT SUCKS GARRETT SUCKS GARRETT SUCKS GARRETT SUCKS GARRETT SUCKS GARRETT SUCKS GARRETT SUCKS GARRETT SUCKS GARRETT SUCKS GARRETT SUCKS GARRETT SUCKS GARRETT SUCKS GARRETT SUCKS GARRETT SUCKS GARRETT SUCKS GARRETT SUCKS GARRETT SUCKS GARRETT SUCKS

tunahelper, CB61, Whyjerry and 6 others like this.
  11. 408Cowboy

408Cowboy Well-Known Member

4,704 Messages
    6,119 Likes Received
    I blame Romo. He was good enough to make Garrett look better than he was allowing JJ to believe he found his "Landry".

12. DanA

DanA Well-Known Member

2,145 Messages
    1,998 Likes Received
    I agree with the general premise of running less however these stats seem highly misleading.

Two unsuccessful runs might count the same as two unsuccessful passes applying these stats but give me 3rd and 4 over 3rd and 10 any day.

Established1971 likes this.
  13. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

46,541 Messages
    46,813 Likes Received
    Only @Idgit and @Ranching love Garrett and lament him being gone...

Sorry Idgit...

CB61, stasheroo, Ranching and 3 others like this.
  14. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

19,495 Messages
    22,984 Likes Received
    :laugh:

Ranching likes this.
  15. Eanwen

Eanwen Well-Known Member

877 Messages
    1,072 Likes Received
    It works the other way as well though. I remember specifically the Saints game. Except for the last drive, every time Dak passed on first down the Cowboys eventually got another first down on that same drive.

16. Idgit

Idgit Fattening up Moderator

58,138 Messages
    59,277 Likes Received
    No worries. Though, to be fair loving him and recognizing that he was terribly unappreciated by most fans here aren’t the same things. Also, I said before the season started last year that he shouldn’t be extended if he couldn’t get a good team to the post season in a contract year, so I’m. It exactly lamenting him being gone. I’m just still defending against the stupid variety of irrational criticism he gets too much of.

dfense likes this.
  17. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

34,063 Messages
    14,356 Likes Received
    :muttley:...you of all should know, who blames a coach? Especially in the NFL...

Ranching likes this.
  18. Idgit

Idgit Fattening up Moderator

58,138 Messages
    59,277 Likes Received
    Also, I believe we had one of the biggest analytics teams in the league last year, and we did, obviously, self-scout. All NFL teams self-scout. How dumb do you have to be to take a comment like that and not question and dismiss it immediately?

Obligatory mention that this is a stupid argument anyway as our offense was really effective last season in terms of both yards and points goes here.

Finally, does he have any Tweets about our ST sucking? That I could get behind.

19. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

34,063 Messages
    14,356 Likes Received
    The problem there is line jumpers...and no interval.

20. FTWayne

FTWayne Well-Known Member

893 Messages
    1,028 Likes Received
    don't forget Greg he's still in "like" with him