In defense of Stephen in the Gregory negotiation

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Anybody taking the FO's position on this tactic....would you like for this to be done to you?
Exactly. A lot of fans buy into the FO's bullcrap so much. What was done to Cooper after the season was a smear campaign that worked on a lot of the fanbase. This FO does not care about the fans. I don't know how many more examples there have to be. They are going to it to Zeke next year. We all agree that Zeke has a bad contract and needs to go, but watch the smears against him next year that they will use to justify cutting him when we all know he isn't worth what his cap number is.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
The way I see it, if a guy gets butt hurt because you add in a moral clause when the player has a history of problems and he decides to walk because of it then you're better off without someone like that around.
Had this clause been in the initial contract, I would agree completely and it wouldn't have bothered me if I was in Gregory's shoes.

Sneaking it in at the end changes everything and I would have taken the better deal, not because of the clause itself but because of the BS way it was included. They should have been upfront with those concerns. No last minute surprises.

I don't blame Gregory a bit.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Well, we’ll see if we sign any of them. In the meantime our pass rush doesn’t look better.

I thought bringing back Gregory and Law would have been a mistake anyway. You need an improvement in that area, this is a blessing in disguise (if you make the appropriate moves)

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Ware was used properly and Dallas had tried resting him and that never worked. The D wasn't really good with Ware but it was awful without him.
And thats kinda what I’m thinking without Gregory at least until we sign someone else .

I’m all for some of these non signings or releases we are making but to try and sell we are going to be a better team without them this year I’m not buying at this point . At least not until I see who we pursue in FA or draft.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
100%. in sales, in buying a car, a used couch I mean it’s just basic stuff. Having the clause is fine but present it to the player upfront not after terms are discussed because that clause could potentially pertain to the players bottom line
This happened to me when buying a car once. Used car, I didn't want the extended warranty through them. They tried to sneak it in and I caught it and asked about it. They took it out.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Seriously...the Jones (who i am no fan of) have treated him MORE THAN FAIR..so again, if he needed any reason to bolt to denver..sooo long and enjoy the altitude.
What does fairness have to do with doing business in good faith? So they treated him fairly until it was time to pay him some real money. They've paid him peanuts since he's been here. He took a job at Amazon.

manster4ever

Reaction score
He may play great for them...i feel like if he is was ever going to move into 10+ sack territory, next year was that year.

But as I heard I think Fisher say...the Cowboys know him better than anyone and have had to deal with things no one knows about. If they felt they needed that clause in there, it was for a reason.

Denver may find out the hard way.

HERE'S the weird part Ken: we don't know what the Denver deal is yet. They might have a similar clause but more money as has been reported. So at the end of the day, it comes down to what it just about always comes down to. MO' Money.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
What does fairness have to do with doing business in good faith? So they treated him fairly until it was time to pay him some real money. They've paid him peanuts since he's been here. He took a job at Amazon.

He smoked his way to Amazon they tried multiple times to give him a Job as an NFL DE...and they paid him when he couldn't touch an NFL football field. Again if anyone has acted in bad faith its RG from the beginning. So like you said about your car deal..why not just ask them about it instead of jumping up and leaving...

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I thought bringing back Gregory and Law would have been a mistake anyway. You need an improvement in that area, this is a blessing in disguise (if you make the appropriate moves)
Like I said , I’m all for the Cap moves. Might have let Lawrence go to. But this team isn’t looking like we are bringing in more talent. Instead we are reducing it.

And it might work out in coming years but unless we have a banner draft or some top notch FA , I’m not seeing a more talented roster in 2022.

Playmaker247

Reaction score
Broaddus says he is hearing it was standard language and that his agent wanted him in Denver

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I'm glad negotiations fell apart, there are more proven pass rushers available in that ballpark figure.

Perhaps Gregory is poised to breakout and we're wrong about him, but I simply don't trust him and view this as a bullet dodged.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Broaddus says he is hearing it was standard language and that his agent wanted him in Denver

This will be what ultimatley comes out...Im not sure any company writes contracts without those Clauses...I want for mine.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
This is all Jr, after all how can Jerrah really expect a player to be a choir boy, given his latest set of birthing children to women a third of his age?

BlueStar22

Reaction score
He smoked his way to Amazon they tried multiple times to give him a Job as an NFL DE...and they paid him when he couldn't touch an NFL football field. Again if anyone has acted in bad faith its RG from the beginning. So like you said about your car deal..why not just ask them about it instead of jumping up and leaving...
He smoked weed. You're speaking as if the man was a crackhead. He has been diagnosed with a mental illness and used marijuana to treat it. Again, they paid him peanuts. They committed to him so much that they couldn't even trust him after he spent the last season and a half showing them that he could be trusted. Go ahead and side with management here. Everyone sees what happened here, even the players on this team and others around the league.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Yall defending Stephen like he didn't start the offseason with a smear campaign against Amari Cooper because the coordinator doesn't know how to get the ball to him.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Had this clause been in the initial contract, I would agree completely and it wouldn't have bothered me if I was in Gregory's shoes.

Sneaking it in at the end changes everything and I would have taken the better deal, not because of the clause itself but because of the BS way it was included. They should have been upfront with those concerns. No last minute surprises.

I don't blame Gregory a bit.
Either way and whoever is to blame we got bailed out.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
He smoked weed. You're speaking as if the man was a crackhead. He has been diagnosed with a mental illness and used marijuana to treat it. Again, they paid him peanuts. They committed to him so much that they couldn't even trust him after he spent the last season and a half showing them that he could be trusted. Go ahead and side with management here. Everyone sees what happened here, even the players on this team and others around the league.

No i never said his smoking was anything other than what kept him from being an NFL DE which the Cowboys wanted him to be...your defensive and i get it...you dont know me and I am FULLY for weed being legal for medical issues within my immediate family. Now again they paid him without needing to while keeping him tied to the NFL without needing to and when he is finally "Good to go" he bolts over contract langauge without even talking to Jerry...im pretty sure we will see how it was more about what the agent wanted and the language was pretty standard stuff...

lostar2009

Reaction score
Man who cares. The FO been way more than nice with him. I believe he is the reason why JJ push for weed to be accepted in the NFL. He was a problem coming into this league and was a problem for us in the playoffs. Good riddance to that fool.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Micah Parsons, and maybe Zach Martin are the only untouchables on this team without major success. So whomever we lose, so be it.