Informal Poll Is Garrett a better Head Coach than Wade?

ShiningStar

Reaction score
is bob better than sue, is one coach clearly better than another, take into facts of teams, GMs, coaches, money, FA, who knows. A better coach at what? defense, heck yeah, a sole HC, probably not. AT least the Cowboys gave him another chance and we all know a catch here, a fair ruling there, and who knows how history would be singing Wades career. thats the way it goes, some good qbs get stuck on bad teams, and some bad players get a SB ring just for being on the team.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Honestly, it's hard to say. Beyond Garretts pressers being light years ahead of Wade's, IMO, beyond that, the production has been the same or worse.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Hard to say. I think we'll see this year. I absolutely believe that when Wade was here, Garrett was not behind him 100%. That's only my opinion but if that is true, it's real hard to win when your OC is across purposes from you. Now, Garrett might be in that situation to an extent with Callahan for the first time. I think we are going to see a lot from Garrett one way or the other this year. I think we'll know if he's our future after this season.

BTW, I don't like that Jerry continues to do this with the Coaching Staff. I don't like that he brings in a HC and then undercuts the HC, to a certain extent, by bringing in a HC in waiting, so to speak. That's just what it seems as if the culture has developed into. I don't really like that.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;5096034 said:
Hard to say. I think we'll see this year. I absolutely believe that when Wade was here, Garrett was not behind him 100%. That's only my opinion but if that is true, it's real hard to win when your OC is across purposes from you. Now, Garrett might be in that situation to an extent with Callahan for the first time. I think we are going to see a lot from Garrett one way or the other this year. I think we'll know if he's our future after this season.

BTW, I don't like that Jerry continues to do this with the Coaching Staff. I don't like that he brings in a HC and then undercuts the HC, to a certain extent, by bringing in a HC in waiting, so to speak. That's just what it seems as if the culture has developed into. I don't really like that.

Do we know that it was Jerry and not JG who decided to bring in Callahan, Kiffin, Marinelli, etc?

NJ22

Reaction score
Not yet. Let's hope he becomes a better coach.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Yes, much better. Wade's teams gave up on him. The team plays for Garrett regardless.

perrykemp

Reaction score
AmberBeer;5096043 said:
Yes, much better. Wade's teams gave up on him. The team plays for Garrett regardless.

Only team I am aware of that quit on Wade was the 2010 team when Romo went on IR for the season.

I got news for you -- <almost all> teams quit in that situation.

Gaede

Reaction score
Wade's record after 3 years--33-15.
Garrett (almost 3 years)--21-19

Pretty easy decision.

Obviously skewed by the last season Wade coached and the first Garrett coached, but point is, Wade was more successful than Garrett

Picksix

A Work in Progress
Reaction score
perrykemp;5096045 said:
Only team I am aware of that quit on Wade was the 2010 team when Romo went on IR for the season.

I got news for you -- <almost all> teams quit in that situation.

The 2008 team absolutely quit on him at the end.

Gaede

Reaction score
What does it matter if Wade's team gave up on him? We won the division twice and attended the playoffs twice.

Under Garrett, we have yet to break .500.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think Garrett did more in terms of cleaning out player not committed and trying to build a team to his liking. How that plays out we will see.

jnday

Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;5096036 said:
Do we know that it was Jerry and not JG who decided to bring in Callahan, Kiffin, Marinelli, etc?

We do know that Jerry went on a rampage at season's end and heads started to roll. It wasn't Garrett saying things were going to be uncomfortable at Valley Ranch.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;5096036 said:

Yes we do. Garrett doesn't sign checks so at the end of the day, the final decision is always Jerry's.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
SDCowboy85;5096033 said:
Honestly, it's hard to say. Beyond Garretts pressers being light years ahead of Wade's, IMO, beyond that, the production has been the same or worse.

I will argue production hasn't been worse. wade got a good team and managed to screw it up and screw it up badly. the arrow pointed down the whole time.

garrett has managed two 8-8 seasons. although we want more, but there have been legitimate reasons behind it and one can easily make the argument that we over achieved, specially last year, with that defense (because of vast number of injuries) and the bad OL. to muster 8-8, is a big achievement, specially being in it in the last game of the season.