Inman, Hunter and Waddle all visiting?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The coaches are proven failures, except for a 13 - 3 season which still counts as failure because mumble mumble.

Because they did nothing with it! "Mumble mumble" that! You can't dispute any of what I've said so you dance around it.

I accept your point. Your point is that you are going to complain no matter what. There are plenty of valid criticisms of the team and coaching staff. But this kind of over the top stuff takes away from them.

Where is it "over the top"? Refute the points ive made instead of hiding behind "mumble mumble" level snark.

I've asked you to do it several times and how you've strained, reached and contorted to avoid it is quite noticeable.

Last edited:

jrumann59

Reaction score
which rece
What's the point in using resources in FA to target 4th and 5th WRs? Pick someone up late in the draft or UDFA, and focus on bringing in starters in FA.
so Mr GM which starting caliber receiver would you have brought in, and what would you have paid them?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you believe you're living in reality and you derive enjoyment from your reality, good for you! You've won!

What's the alternative? Pretending the last 22 years didn't happen so I can be wrong a 23rd time?

Congrats! You're some kind of fan!!

RamziD

Reaction score
which rece

so Mr GM which starting caliber receiver would you have brought in, and what would you have paid them?
Can be at any position, doesn't have to be a WR. Just don't waste money on bringing in multiple scrubs when just one or 2 quality signings would go a longer way. But, to answer your question, I would take Allen Robinson and his current contract over Dez.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Can be at any position, doesn't have to be a WR. Just don't waste money on bringing in multiple scrubs when just one or 2 quality signings would go a longer way. But, to answer your question, I would take Allen Robinson and his current contract over Dez.
SO Dez's cap hit plus Robinson's salary. That is a lot of money tied up in the one Position. For basically a wash.

Kaiser

Reaction score
've asked you to do it several times and how you've strained, reached and contorted to avoid it is quite noticeable.

Then actually read what I posted. Your posts are "our coaches are incompentent because they don't win. Except for when they win, which doesn't count because they lost in the playoffs".

You have refuted yourself but just want to kvetch about the team.

Kaiser

Reaction score

I like this move, but he is supplanting Brice Butler and not Dez. One of the WRs visiting this week will fill Butler's role better than Butler did, and likely be better in the lockerroom.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Then actually read what I posted. Your posts are "our coaches are incompentent because they don't win. Except for when they win, which doesn't count because they lost in the playoffs".

You have refuted yourself but just want to kvetch about the team.

Just like I thought. And like I've said numerous times. You're scared to death to talk about the facts so you'll hide behind nonsense like this. Just stop wasting everyone's time if you can't handle the truth about it.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Your argument was that no matter how much talent we have, we will lose because our coaches are incompetent.

One page later your argument is that the wins our coaches have don't count, because competition, mumble mumble something.

Both of those things can't be true at the same time.

Bumping for the Mumbleman.

jrumann59

Reaction score
No, I said I'd take that over Dez, meaning cutting Dez.
Yes and you would have dead money plus robinson's money to cover for Dez so the net gain would be negative money wise and performance wise a wash.

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
So 2015 had nothing to do with our franchise QB being out? Nice unbiased analysis there.

The problem with saying its all the coaches is that the same coaches have won with the same talent. Its like saying someone is blind, except for all the times that they can see.
You know, I get having a down season because your QB is hurt, but not only was that season bad, without Romo we went 1-11 in those 12 games- should have been 0-12 if not for the Commanders giving us a gift.
That's unacceptable on any level.
The rest of the offense besides Dez was intact. The defense was solid talent-wise.
Yet... they couldn't win a game to save their lives. That's inept coaching.

Kaiser

Reaction score
The rest of the offense besides Dez was intact. The defense was solid talent-wise.
Yet... they couldn't win a game to save their lives. That's inept coaching.

Disagree. If we won 9 of 16 games I think that counts as "winning a game to save your life".

The offense wasn't intact, we have the best RB in football and the team is (rightly) built around that. When he gets a BS suspension for six games it has an effect - and there is also an adjustment by the team to his backup playing. Also we lost the Atlanta game because Tyron was out, the Rams game because Switzer fumbled a punt and the Seahawks game on fluke turnovers.

The coaching was a problem, but it wasn't inept.

king987

Reaction score
Can't say I'm intrigued by the Inman & Hunter news. Can't say either would be guaranteed a spot on the roster if signed. Credit to Inman for achieving anything on that Bears offense last season, and I remember there was some intrigue to him for awhile in SD, but I'm not expecting much. Hunter hasn't done anything really in the NFL, I'm kinda surprised he's still bouncing around.

Their search for OL help is what it is. It seems like they're committed to kicking the tires on some veterans, while at the same time developing their own guys. Chaz Green hasn't worked out (up to now, if ever), so they need one of those free agents to fill the void. I suspect Dallas will draft OL in the 2nd or 3rd day at some point, no matter who they bring in.

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
Disagree. If we won 9 of 16 games I think that counts as "winning a game to save your life".

The offense wasn't intact, we have the best RB in football and the team is (rightly) built around that. When he gets a BS suspension for six games it has an effect - and there is also an adjustment by the team to his backup playing. Also we lost the Atlanta game because Tyron was out, the Rams game because Switzer fumbled a punt and the Seahawks game on fluke turnovers.

The coaching was a problem, but it wasn't inept.
I wasn't talking about last year, Kaiser.
I was talking about 2015 when everyone besides Dez was healthy when Romo was out.
Y'know, the OL, Williams, Witten, Beasley, McFadden was solid.
Defense had more talent than 2016/2017.
But we won a single game without Romo.
A game the Commanders had to choke away for us to win.

Kaiser

Reaction score
I wasn't talking about last year, Kaiser.
I was talking about 2015 when everyone besides Dez was healthy when Romo was out.

My bad, I misread that. But there are very few teams in the NFL that win when their franchise QB goes down, its just the reality of salary cap football. Weeden had a ton of physical talent and a low salary, but went into checkdown mode to the point he was benched. Cassell tried to learn the offense on the fly and failed miserably.

There are a small number of exceptions where teams didn't tank when their franchise QB went down but they are the exception and not the rule.

Also we lost Dez for a big part of the season and went from having DeMarco to DMC at RB, which was a significant step down.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes and you would have dead money plus robinson's money to cover for Dez so the net gain would be negative money wise and performance wise a wash.
They save 12.5M by cutting Dez.

The true picture of a team's cap status can be seen by adding the next 3 years cap space together.

Go to OverTheCap Cowboys.
Select Calculator.
You will see the next 6 years of cap space.
Click change team and you can cycle through the teams.

The Cowboys are somewhere in the middle. As of last week:
Cowboys 210M
Eagles 63M
Seahawks 250M
Jags 21M

Cutting Dez increases that number by 12.5M.

Big_D

Reaction score
I could see how replacing Butlers 15 catches would be a priority.

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
My bad, I misread that. But there are very few teams in the NFL that win when their franchise QB goes down, its just the reality of salary cap football. Weeden had a ton of physical talent and a low salary, but went into checkdown mode to the point he was benched. Cassell tried to learn the offense on the fly and failed miserably.

There are a small number of exceptions where teams didn't tank when their franchise QB went down but they are the exception and not the rule.

Also we lost Dez for a big part of the season and went from having DeMarco to DMC at RB, which was a significant step down.
It's all good Kaiser.
See, I still believe that team had enough player talent to win more than one game...that they were basically gifted on a Desean Jackson fumble if I recall.
I don't hate Garrett nor do I think he's the worst coach but I'd like to see coaching overcome adversity and elevate the team when injuries happen. How about outcoaching another teams when talent alone won't cut it?
The slow starts in the playoffs- 2014 against Detroit and 2016 against Green Bay in the playoffs? It's not all on him, obviously.
To me he's the definition of a middling coach.
What I want to see more of is how they completely adapted the offense for Prescott in 2016- that was impressive.
Teams caught up in 2017 and we couldn't adjust. 2018 is a new year. Let's see what happens.