Inman, Hunter and Waddle all visiting?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So 2015 had nothing to do with our franchise QB being out? Nice unbiased analysis there.

Not "nothing", but not "everything" either. Take note of the Super Bowl champs and how they didn't go "Keystone Cops" when they lost theirs.

The problem with saying its all the coaches is that the same coaches have won with the same talent. Its like saying someone is blind, except for all the times that they can see.

What have they "won"? Some games against less than average teams, that's what they've won. When they face the league's better teams, in any given year, they lose. And that's why Garrett is, and always will be, a .500 coach.

We can go through the quality of opposition, starting with last season if you'd like, but I don't think it will help your case any?

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
Hunter has some talent but he's made 2 stops and hasn't shown anything.

Correct but if anyone can turn a turd into a Pro-Bowl caliber receiver, it's Linehan and Redz. Just look at what they did for Brice! :facepalm:

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Cameron Fleming is really the big noteworthy player in the link. I'd be pretty happy if we got him tbh. The rest, not sure.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Fleming played way better than Collins did last season at tackle, but you never know how patriots players will pan out in different schemes with less coaching talent. If we got him tho I would have him and La'el battle it out.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fleming played way better than Collins did last season at tackle, but you never know how patriots players will pan out in different schemes with less coaching talent. If we got him tho I would have him and La'el battle it out.

I'm curious as to why you feel that "Fleming played way better than Collins did last season at tackle?"

:huh:

Kaiser

Reaction score
What have they "won"? Some games against less than average teams, that's what they've won. When they face the league's better teams, in any given year, they lose. And that's why Garrett is, and always will be, a .500 coach.

We can go through the quality of opposition, starting with last season if you'd like, but I don't think it will help your case any?

Your argument was that no matter how much talent we have, we will lose because our coaches are incompetent.

One page later your argument is that the wins our coaches have don't count, because competition, mumble mumble something.

Both of those things can't be true at the same time.

CCBoy

Reaction score

LaAdrian Waddle visiting Cowboys
Posted by Josh Alper on March 19, 2018, 9:59 AM EDT
gettyimages-865213840-e1521467927831.jpg

Getty Images
Cameron Fleming won’t be the only member of the 2017 Patriots visiting the Cowboys as we move into the second wave of free agency.

He won’t even be the only member of the team’s offensive tackle group heading to Dallas. Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that LaAdrian Waddle will be visiting Dallas on Monday and Tuesday. Fleming is also in town to speak to the Cowboys.

Waddle joined Fleming as a reserve up front for the Patriots last season. He made four starts and 12 appearances overall for New England last season and also saw regular season time with them in 2015 and 2016.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/19/laadrian-waddle-visiting-cowboys/

If before free agency opened, someone would have told me that both, Waddle and Fleming would be coming to talk with Jerry...I'd have had to order a Mexican Martini from the bar keep.

I would have been happy with either of them coming in for two days...period.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Your argument was that no matter how much talent we have, we will lose because our coaches are incompetent.

Should I have specified when it truly matters ? Would that have helped your understanding?

One page later your argument is that the wins our coaches have don't count, because competition, mumble mumble something.

I'm not "mumbling" anything. Again, if yiu want to get into who Garrett actually beats, I will gladly do that. Just say the word and we can go through 2017 game by miserable game.

Both of those things can't be true at the same time.

Again, if you needed the "when it matters" qualifier, you now have it. His career has been built on bottom feeders and train wreck opponents.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If before free agency opened, someone would have told me that both, Waddle and Fleming would be coming to talk with Jerry...I'd have had to order a Mexican Martini from the bar keep.

I would have been happy with either of them coming in for two days...period.

I also give the Cowboys credit for bringing in both, it could give them some leverage in negotiations and having both players looking at a similar deal for the first one that accepts it.

I'm glad they're visiting but I'm not getting my hopes up until a deal is done. I've been hurt before...

Kaiser

Reaction score
Should I have specified when it truly matters ? Would that have helped your understanding?

Ahhhh, OK. Your point is that the coaches are only incompetent in the playoffs. Regular seasons are fine, but they hit the crack pipe the day the regular seasons ends.

Now I understand I your point .

ESisback

Reaction score
Pretending Will McClay is the GM is fun?

Not to me.

I prefer to live in reality. Oops. Sorry. I prefer to LIVE IN REALITY. That's better.

If you believe you're living in reality and you derive enjoyment from your reality, good for you! You've won!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ahhhh, OK. Your point is that the coaches are only incompetent in the playoffs. Regular seasons are fine, but they hit the crack pipe the day the regular seasons ends.

Now I understand I your point .

Apparently not. Or, more likely, you're deliberately being obtuse because you don't want to accept my point.

These coaches are proven failures. The coordinators failed at several stops, with dubious records and distinctions along the way, and the head coach has a job he's never earned nor deserved. Some awful truth, but truth just the same.

And the fact that you've avoided like the plague is the one that shows that they beat sub .500 teams and lose to the others. And sub.500 teams don't make the playoffs, so if Garrett does, he loses. Because, again, he beats lesser teams but loses to the good ones he faces.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

Actually, I don't think our new offensive line coach is that bad. Not on the level of the Patriots coach, but at least above average in the league.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
It's not rocket science to look at OT. We all know that we need a swing T. What this tells me is that the Cowboys are NOT planning on using the #19 pick on OG, not any OG, no matter how highly rated, and that's probably smart. Now, if they see a starting OG in round 2 or even in round 3, maybe, but suppose the guys capable of starting are gone; this gives us the option of moving Collins back to OG and still having a stronger OL without using another first round pick on the position.

My guess is they try to bring in one of these OT's who have experience starting and even in the playoffs and SB, still draft an OG or OT somewhere in the mid-rounds, and let them all complete. If the best 5 guys means putting Collins at LG, you do it. If it means leaving him at RT, you do that. But signing an OT in free agency is about options.

I still expect the top two picks to be spent on defense. We can use another DT or S, but neither is quite as critical as drafting another LB in 1 or 2.
Normally, we'd all say this will be a defense heavy draft, but with 10 picks, I have no doubt we'll select OL, WR, RB, and maybe TE. That still leaves 6 selections for DL, LB, S and special teams.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Apparently not. Or, more likely, you're deliberately being obtuse because you don't want to accept my point.

These coaches are proven failures.

The coaches are proven failures, except for a 13 - 3 season which still counts as failure because mumble mumble.

I accept your point. Your point is that you are going to complain no matter what. There are plenty of valid criticisms of the team and coaching staff. But this kind of over the top stuff takes away from them.

RamziD

Reaction score
What's the point in using resources in FA to target 4th and 5th WRs? Pick someone up late in the draft or UDFA, and focus on bringing in starters in FA.