Twitter: Inside Cowboys’ crash course with ex-Navy SEALs, whom Dak recruited to help end Super Bowl drought

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Psychology is never a bad thing. Jimmy Johnson was a master of it. This is just another form of it.

The missing variable is how well the entire team absorbs these lessons into its groupthink mentality. A championship attitude is a byproduct of everyone being onboard. Hope this particular effort pays off in that regard.
Psychology is everything in coaching...you have to know what buttons to push and when to push them. Not only with players, but with coaches too.

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
Those that are claiming PR stunt, have you asked yourself "PR stunt for what?" The guy has generational money, is well-liked even by those that criticize his on the field performance, and needs to demonstrate nothing in addition to be viewed as a solid steward of QB position of the Dallas Cowboys.

If you want to attack the man, go after his on-the-field performance (if you believe it's lacking) but grasping at comments like "PR stunt" is pretty much just unveiling your general disdain for the player.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Man it is amazing just how cynical, jaded, and pissy some of our fanbase has gotten lol

Whining about players trying to improve and grow as professionals on their own time? Lol

I think what Dak did was brilliant. It is clear the guys that went to this seminar bought in, and that they are a closer knit group for sharing that experience together.

If you have ever been a part of any team, then you know how critical the bond between teammates is.

Dak is developing brotherhood, and while some people on this board will scoff and mock and minimize it’s impact in regards to on the field results, the reality is quite simple:

Culture matters and Dak is trying to build a good one in Dallas.

There are plenty of things for critics to crow about in Big D, but this isn’t one of em lol…
A Navy Seal Special Ops Team 2 was asked what was team work, quote:

Bees do it, dogs do it...if you don't want to do it, hell, tell us, we'll do it.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Psychology is everything in coaching...you have to know what buttons to push and when to push them. Not only with players, but with coaches too.
It only works as long as one is loyal to those players.

CCBoy

Reaction score
"Someone like me"? Yeah, okay.

Interesting how whether it's this stunt or when Dak was 'training' with players in his backyard field there always seems to be a reporter around to take photos for documentation.
Just tell him to take off his 'Army' gloves...making fun of special ops by another.

All after GNOST, I spell phoenetically: Golf, November, Oscar, Siera, Tango...out! (firing point)

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If your the kind of QB that can win SB’s, you won’t need help from Navy Seals.
Every great (or even good enough) player got inspiration from someone, whether it was at a young age or when they were older. Sometimes the right person can come along and suddenly it just clicks. Let's hope this is one of those times.

CCBoy

Reaction score
He pushed the wrong buttons when I met with him in San Angelo.....that's why I think he sucks
Kind of similar to entitlement standards by the present Kansas City owner. The original owners, husband and wife, of the Texans and then Chiefs, gave respect to the process and their team. She was even a school teacher when she married.

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
Seems like a desperate move, I wonder if he would pay me for advice on getting to and winning a SB?? :popcorn:
Another PR stunt by the goodwill ambassador!!! :muttley:
Everything Dak and this org does is to get in the news.
@USArmyVet @khiladi @Captain-Crash @WillieBeamen
There have been countless stories over the years from players and coaches about Dak's leadership activies and practice regimen with other players... specifically when NOT in front of cameras.

I know you have to keep up your reps on this board as the Dak "critics", Horsemen, or whatever yall call yourselves... just but make it make sense when yall do criticize. This aint it.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
He pushed the wrong buttons when I met with him in San Angelo.....that's why I think he sucks
Did he make you carry the clipboard? just kidding, I didn't like him because of the way he treated Wade. Wade's a good guy.
And it was apparent he was going nowhere with this team.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did he make you carry the clipboard? just kidding, I didn't like him because of the way he treated Wade. Wade's a good guy.
And it was apparent he was going nowhere with this team.
Exactly....he lied straight to my face and gave me all the info I needed to think that he screwed Wade.