Twitter: Inside Cowboys’ crash course with ex-Navy SEALs, whom Dak recruited to help end Super Bowl drought

doomsday9084

Reaction score
How do you win a super bowl? There are 32 teams trying to. Some aren't too serious about it in a given year. About 10 to 15 are and are good enough to pull it off if everything goes right. From my perspective, there are three things that can set you apart:
1. Uber talent. Simply being a lot more talented than everyone else is the hardest thing to accomplish but once there, the easiest route. I don't really think the Cowboys are going to be so much more talented than Philly or SF that they are a shoe in for the SB. Teams like that are rare.
2. Uber precision. Play mistake free ball with good plans and schemes. Hit your blocks, make your tackles, etc.
3. Luck. A good bounce on a fumble, a bad call that goes your way, etc.

The team has no shot at 1 and no control over 3. The Cowboys are trying for #2. The reason why the team has always come up short is because Jerry undermines precision. His aura tends to make the team sloppy and invariably, it comes back to bite them. Dak and McCarthy are effectively trying to overcome that.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
@USArmyVet @khiladi @Captain-Crash @WillieBeamen
There have been countless stories over the years from players and coaches about Dak's leadership activies and practice regimen with other players... specifically when NOT in front of cameras.

I know you have to keep up your reps on this board as the Dak "critics", Horsemen, or whatever yall call yourselves... just but make it make sense when yall do criticize. This aint it.
I have a rep? I've made the big time now!!!!!

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
There have been countless stories over the years from players and coaches about Dak's leadership activies and practice regimen with other players... specifically when NOT in front of cameras.

I know you have to keep up your reps on this board as the Dak "critics", Horsemen, or whatever yall call yourselves... just but make it make sense when yall do criticize. This aint it.
The thing is, i couldnt care less about this guy’s PR and great leadership. Where are all the trophies?

Give me the scumbag qb with talent (Rodgers) over the QB who is only praised for his leadership and not actual skills

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Having one meeting will do nothing. They became who they are by inculcating the attitude, skills, practices, methodologies, etc., on a consistent, daily basis for years.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak doing the Navy Seal thing baby!!! :muttley:
1f6aa68a-1f9e-46c0-8ac5-8932aec7387d_text.gif

CWR

Reaction score
How do you win a super bowl? There are 32 teams trying to. Some aren't too serious about it in a given year. About 10 to 15 are and are good enough to pull it off if everything goes right. From my perspective, there are three things that can set you apart:
1. Uber talent. Simply being a lot more talented than everyone else is the hardest thing to accomplish but once there, the easiest route. I don't really think the Cowboys are going to be so much more talented than Philly or SF that they are a shoe in for the SB. Teams like that are rare.
2. Uber precision. Play mistake free ball with good plans and schemes. Hit your blocks, make your tackles, etc.

The team has no shot at 1 and no control over 3. The Cowboys are trying for #2. The reason why the team has always come up short is because Jerry undermines precision. His aura tends to make the team sloppy and invariably, it comes back to bite them. Dak and McCarthy are effectively trying to overcome that.

If they have no shot at #1 then no one does. This team has as much talent as any. I do agree in the salary cap era #1 is no longer realistic, but that's the system of parity.

khiladi

Reaction score
I guarantee you that if they go to one of these sessions and then immediately go play football, none of what they listened to in the session will translate on the field..

It’s not going to make Dak go through his progressions better or be better at reading defenses or not stare his WRs down.. if he hasn’t learned that from film review year in and out, no Navy Seal is going to magically make him do it..

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
The thing is, i couldnt care less about this guy’s PR and great leadership. Where are all the trophies?

Give me the scumbag qb with talent (Rodgers) over the QB who is only praised for his leadership and not actual skills
Like I said make it make sense. Dak has the team doing a leadership workshop in order to focus the team on winning a SB, these are the steps to win.

A team doesnt win SB soley on the talent of the qb. If that were the case Rodgers, Mahomes and Brady would have more rings.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Every great (or even good enough) player got inspiration from someone, whether it was at a young age or when they were older. Sometimes the right person can come along and suddenly it just clicks. Let's hope this is one of those times.
If it took until now by calling in Navy Seals, the writing is on the wall. Dak doesn’t need inspiration, he needs a miracle. You can hope for the both of us.

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
Actually he should know it's against the rules by calling out other posters...but he got away with it this time.
Who did I call out? I commented on what they said, just like Iam commenting to you now. You cant fart in a crowd, then be mad when someone tells you it stinks.

CCBoy

Reaction score

Put blame where it belongs...those on and directing play on the carpet. Responsibility goes on up, but is a different item.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If it took until now by calling in Navy Seals, the writing is on the wall. Dak doesn’t need inspiration, he needs a miracle. You can hope for the both of us.
It's possible (admittedly unlikely) that these guys can teach him how to put anxiety aside and perform at his peak, even when under pressure.

Xizor

Reaction score
I think this is great. Ironically I attended a class for my job on the book "Extreme Ownership" today which is written by ex Navy SEALS.

Momanpr100

Reaction score

I think they're all the same character

SlammedZero

Reaction score
lol It's amazing how emo some posters are. I think it's fantastic. Even outside of football, I'm sure they learned some good life lessons, but hey, let's hate on Dak because it's an agenda so they can fit in with their little anti-Dak crowd.