Inside Staffer telling the truth on ol Dez

rags747

Reaction score
Insiders, funny stuff...U could call this Fake News. I'm fine with Dez as long as he takes a pay cut, see what he has left this year and then make a determination next yr.

cern

Reaction score
Booger & Son have a bigger problem than Dez, they've got a mouth that should be shut inside their camp. Shades of the "reliable source" that helped wreck a season not too long ago.
as we have learned from politics, a deliberate leak can be a useful tool in shaping the public's opinion. deep throat brought down Nixon. also Clinton.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
The walls are starting to crumble from the inside for ol Dez. Got staffers diming him out from the inside... I already knew his antics were wearing on the "team". It's blatantly obvious. The sooner he's gone the better.

Y'all keep sitting back & thinking WR isn't top priority in the draft. I'll keep munching on this movie theater butter popcorn.

http://insidethestar.com/cowboys-staffer-critical-of-dez-bryants-game/
bro, you oughta be banned for posting that, lol.
that article says exactly zero and provides zero new data.
it takes one anonymous comment to breer and uses it as basis for an entire argument and article.

we know the team hasn;t cut dez yet.

we know the team helped spread the fake dez tape story when his contract was being negotiated and any media person that ran with that looked like an idiot afterward.
a lot of those people dez called liars have had an axe to grind with him ever since.

we also know this team made zero moves of note at wr for 5 years.
they were quite content with dez and others which is why they re-signed everyone and kept it status quo just last off-season.

but this off-season they've totally shaken up the position and eventually dez won;t be here.

cowboyec

Reaction score
as we have learned from politics, a deliberate leak can be a useful tool in shaping the public's opinion. deep throat brought down Nixon. also Clinton.
maybe JJ is the one leaking.....best way to control the story.

Dre11

Reaction score
Lol....a ”staffer” said..lol a 3x pro bowler, 1st team all pro player, NFL td leader 2014. Did all that on sheer physical and athletic ability vs professional nfl defenses...ok

Sydla

Reaction score
Insiders, funny stuff...U could call this Fake News. I'm fine with Dez as long as he takes a pay cut, see what he has left this year and then make a determination next yr.

He's likely not going to take a pay cut. Now the Cowboys could restructure to lower his cap hit this year but that would make it tough to then cut him next year as his dead money would go back up with a restructure.

Sydla

Reaction score
Let’s see what happens at pick 19.

The problem is any WR they take at 19, isn't going to be that true #1 type WR like a Bryant before he got hurt or a Julio Jones. You are looking at guys like Moore or Ridley, who likely have ceilings below that of true, elite WRs.

This is not the best year to be in the market for a legit, top shelf WR.

Lutonio

Reaction score
I can't say for sure about the drain he has on the team, but WR is absolutely a priority.

If anyone needs convincing, go watch The last Chargers game. The skill gap was stunning.

DHCBF66

Reaction score
The walls are starting to crumble from the inside for ol Dez. Got staffers diming him out from the inside... I already knew his antics were wearing on the "team". It's blatantly obvious. The sooner he's gone the better.

Y'all keep sitting back & thinking WR isn't top priority in the draft. I'll keep munching on this movie theater butter popcorn.

http://insidethestar.com/cowboys-staffer-critical-of-dez-bryants-game/
Jerry Jones wants to keep Dez, enough said!

Shuff

Reaction score
DJ, Ridley or Sutton would be fine. Bye headcase.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
bro, you oughta be banned for posting that, lol.
that article says exactly zero and provides zero new data.
it takes one anonymous comment to breer and uses it as basis for an entire argument and article.

we know the team hasn;t cut dez yet.

we know the team helped spread the fake dez tape story when his contract was being negotiated and any media person that ran with that looked like an idiot afterward.
a lot of those people dez called liars have had an axe to grind with him ever since.

we also know this team made zero moves of note at wr for 5 years.
they were quite content with dez and others which is why they re-signed everyone and kept it status quo just last off-season.

but this off-season they've totally shaken up the position and eventually dez won;t be here.
:popcorn:

glimmerman

Reaction score
The problem is any WR they take at 19, isn't going to be that true #1 type WR like a Bryant before he got hurt or a Julio Jones. You are looking at guys like Moore or Ridley, who likely have ceilings below that of true, elite WRs.

This is not the best year to be in the market for a legit, top shelf WR.
This is why we picked up a few WR. One is descent. We will have depth. Dez will be gone after this year unless he produces huge numbers. I think we are in to deep with him and like you said, there is no immediate impact WR this year. Actually rarely is.

rags747

Reaction score
He's likely not going to take a pay cut. Now the Cowboys could restructure to lower his cap hit this year but that would make it tough to then cut him next year as his dead money would go back up with a restructure.
I seriously doubt they restructure him as they have stayed away from doing that with him in the past and as u said it only hurts them more next year. I think Steven really turns the screws or he's outta there. Will be interesting.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's giving them too much credit.

It was popular thinking that they were responsible for this alleged video of Dez that just happened to "surface" when his contract was up, how did that work out for them?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Dez can still make a play. He did it plenty of times last year.

We run more then anyone in the league and Dak isn't good at getting his X & Z the ball.
He can't play both positions.