Inside Staffer telling the truth on ol Dez

jrumann59

Reaction score
You're absolutely right...Dak deserves blame for his substantial regression last year but, you have to agree that Dez did him no favors and certainly didn't have the skills to bail him out.
the whole receiving core did not have the skills to bail him out or the rest of the team. Dak is young but last year he threw short when he needed to go long and when he decided to go long it was ill-advised at best. Personally I think the Zeke looming suspension and "pressure" on Dak to show year was not a fluke cause all the skill players to "press" a bit and that in itself caused mounting frustration that was causing an endless loop.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So what are all you Dez haters going to do after the draft and no WR is taken unless it’s a late round selection.

Take that WR and act as if he is the next Darius Jackson and a anoint him even though is isn’t all that good.
Start a million threads of how Dez will be traded or cut before the season starts?

:popcorn:

jrumann59

Reaction score
My money would be on Scott Linehan. Like the head coach he works for, he does his best work Tuesday through Saturday, behind closed doors.
JG should know who the leak is if not Jerry should either way even if it is not Linehan, if the FO knows he has a history of doing something like this fire his butt. They won't but either HC or GM knows who like to flap their gums to the press.

kento40

Reaction score
Was 2016 below average too?
You understand that we are called Dak haters because we don't crown him the savior of the cowboys and hold him responsible for his abysmal performance last season. Dez regressed once Romo left for good, take it how you want it, but numbers don't lie.

Dak doesn't work towards Dez's strengths as a receiver, so Dez is now working on making his routes more crisp. If they get rid of him, cool, it won't make us better by adding some newbie rookie in his place though unless we're drafting the second coming of Julio Jones and it still doesn't account for why every receiver's performance dropped drastically or why Dak can't throw accurately over 10 yards. Dude is the second coming of David Carr with a weaker arm and maybe he should put down the blunt and start hitting the weights before he goes down as the next Quincy Carter.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
From the article:
Dez has never been known for having an array of skills or being a polished receiver. He made his name on sheer athleticism and the ability to make big dazzling plays with physical ability. His routes have always been sloppy for a player of his reputation.

This is what I have wondered about all season. Dezzies have claimed all those passes Dez didn't catch were "uncatchable". Ball slightly behind, ball a little low, Dez having to turn around and getting popped in the face with the ball, ball not thrown 3 inchs above the defenders head like Romo claimed...all uncatchable and Dak's fault for not having a perfectly thrown ball.

He stopped making the physical plays at the rate he used to. So, what makes him special now?

This is a gigantic stretch and distortion.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
The walls are starting to crumble from the inside for ol Dez. Got staffers diming him out from the inside... I already knew his antics were wearing on the "team". It's blatantly obvious. The sooner he's gone the better.

Y'all keep sitting back & thinking WR isn't top priority in the draft. I'll keep munching on this movie theater butter popcorn.

http://insidethestar.com/cowboys-staffer-critical-of-dez-bryants-game/

He might have cognitive and developmental problems being a crack baby. Speaking of baby, had he never had sideline tantrums he'd maybe still be in the Jones' good graces.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
JG should know who the leak is if not Jerry should either way even if it is not Linehan, if the FO knows he has a history of doing something like this fire his butt. They won't but either HC or GM knows who like to flap their gums to the press.

I'd certainly root out whatever "inside source" was leaking dirty laundry about my team out to the press while hiding in anonymity like a coward.

ShortRound

Reaction score
I don't know if I value the opinion of a staffer who can't get a win in the playoffs though. Just saying. Carry on.

jrumann59

Reaction score
I always love the “unidentified” or anonymous staff member. That could be the ball boy or the hot dog vendor for all we know.

If you have the balls to say it - put your name on it.:starspin:
But, but they may lose their job. Sorry but if you are willing to say something to the press about how someone else should lose their job but remain anonymous you are a coward.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Dez regressed once Romo left for good, take it how you want it, but numbers don't lie.

Dez regressed even with Romo in 2015 starting right in training camp fighting and dealing with a hamstring. He dropped a 3rd down pass in the red zone in week 1, got dehydrated leaving the game only to reenter and break his foot.

Dez stunk with Cassel when he returned from injury. When Romo got back, he and Dez miscommunicated on a blitz and caused an interception in red zone. Dez got a taunting penalty after Williams scored a TD right before half, forcing us to push the kick off back and giving the Dolphins good starting field position. They got a FG out of it.

Then he stunk against Carolina arguing with Norman and dropping a TD pass before Romo got injured again.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Not just one...Try the last 3. He aging and he's prone now to injury. Way to much money for a limited, aging player that's overpaid.

He’s “aging”.

Yeah all of 28 years old.. Not even old in WR years..

The top 3 things wrong with Dez the last 3 years.

1. The QB

2. Injuries.

3. Scheme

Daks a good player but he’s not making anyone better in the pass game besides Beasley.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Dez regressed even with Romo in 2015 starting right in training camp, dropping a 3rd down pass in the red zone in week 1, getting dehydrated leaving the game, only to reenter and breaking his foot.

Dez stunk with Cassel when he returned from injury. When Romo got back, he and Dez miscommunicated on a blitz and caused an interception in red zone. Dez got a taunting penalty after Williams scored a TD right before half, forcing us to push the kick off back and giving the Dolphins good starting field position. They got a FG out of it.

Then he stunk against Carolina arguing with Norman and dropping a TD pass.
You mean that 3rd down pass that was contested in week 1 against the giants, he came back fro his injury faster than expected and re-injured the foot that required off-season surgery again. He is right though he should have never played hurt or injured. Especially when your starting QB is out...