Inside Staffer telling the truth on ol Dez

Hadenough

Reaction score
I feel like the forced to Dez aspect is because Beasley was very easily taken away. He was daks preferred target because he was routinely open and could move the sticks. Once teams sat on him he wasn’t much of a safety valve, and when he was, he was stppped short much more frequently.
I agree that Beasley was taken away but that happens when you run 3 routes from the same position on the field. This is also one reason that the coaches should have the WRs lining up all over the field not just in the positions. All of them would benefit.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I agree that Beasley was taken away but that happens when you run 3 routes from the same position on the field. This is also one reason that the coaches should have the WRs lining up all over the field not just in the positions. All of them would benefit.
Yep. Part of this is most definitely the lack of creativity in the offeansive strategy. When Zeke had to serve his suspension and we could no longer just ram it down the throats of the defense, our offensive strategists fell flat on their faces. (Linehan, Garrett)

Zeke's talent alone masks the deficiencies we have in the play calling department.

That all said, the coaches weren't responsible for Dez's numerous league leading dropsies. TWill, whom I affectionately referred to as TRex, at least caught most of the ones thrown his way. That's reliability and trust which goes a long way in building a QB/WR relationship.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Yep. Part of this is most definitely the lack of creativity in the offeansive strategy. When Zeke had to serve his suspension and we could no longer just ram it down the throats of the defense, our offensive strategists fell flat on their faces. (Linehan, Garrett)

Zeke's talent alone masks the deficiencies we have in the play calling department.

That all said, the coaches weren't responsible for Dez's numerous league leading dropsies. TWill, whom I affectionately referred to as TRex, at least caught most of the ones thrown his way. That's reliability and trust which goes a long way in building a QB/WR relationship.
The one thing that puzzles me about the offense is when you have a player like Zeke why dont they use him more like the Saints use Kamara? Kamara had over 800 receiving yards along with running the ball. Instead the Cowboys choose to just pound Zeke which isnt a bad thing but they should mix it up and use other RBs when they are gonna pound the ball!

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
The one thing that puzzles me about the offense is when you have a player like Zeke why dont they use him more like the Saints use Kamara? Kamara had over 800 receiving yards along with running the ball. Instead the Cowboys choose to just pound Zeke which isnt a bad thing but they should mix it up and use other RBs when they are gonna pound the ball!
It baffles many minds. Zeke is so dangerous catching out of the back field and he adds yet another dimension defensive coordinators would have to prep for. We should have already been throwing it to him regularly.

I've never been impressed with Garrett's offensive strategies but I actually had hope for Linehan early on. I don't know if it's working with Garrett or if I just misread Linehan. But ol Scottie is very much coming up short like Garrett did when he ran the offense.

Jumbo075

Reaction score

I get exhausted by this criticism of the Cowboys supposed "lack of creativity" on offense. YES, I believe they need to update their passing scheme. But this is an offense that was averaging 28.5 ppg in the first half of last year before the wheels came off. If "lack of creativity" leads to a TOP 5 offense in the NFL, then please, please throw me into the briar patch of "lack of creativity."

kskboys

Reaction score
No it is not. These are professional coaches who want to keep their job. I dont think dez learns well, and he has emotional issues. This is just a guess, but I bet he gets frustrated when they try to teach him, and has always just relied on his natural ability.
Then it's on the staff for not benching him until he learns. That's why Butler was available. He wasn't learning the playbook, so OAK didn't play him.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Beasley got double covered more and more as teams figured out dez didn't require a double team.
Lil Sweet had a terrible year and is already replaced by Switzer...... he is probably a Cut

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I get exhausted by this criticism of the Cowboys supposed "lack of creativity" on offense. YES, I believe they need to update their passing scheme. But this is an offense that was averaging 28.5 ppg in the first half of last year before the wheels came off. If "lack of creativity" leads to a TOP 5 offense in the NFL, then please, please throw me into the briar patch of "lack of creativity."
Then you tell me. What triggered the difference in the first half of last year's dominance and the weakness down the stretch?

Losing a single player that you rely on 90% of the time perhaps?

Ever heard of a contingency plan? Garrett & Linehan hadn't.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
Then you tell me. What triggered the difference in the first half of last year's dominance and the weakness down the stretch?

Losing a single player that you rely on 90% of the time perhaps?

Ever heard of a contingency plan? Garrett & Linehan hadn't.

That answer is simple. In the second half of 2017, Dak Prescott sucked at playing QB.

• 104.24 - 1st half of 2016 - Dak's QB rating (Pro Bowl level)
  • 105.69 - 2nd half of 2016 - Dak's QB rating (Pro Bowl level)
  • 97.93 - 1st half of 2017 - Dak's QB rating (borderline Pro Bowl level)
  • 73.98 - 2nd half of 2017 - Dak's QB rating (fire alarm bad, really, really sucks bad, worse than Brandon Weeden bad, calling Mark Sanchez to save us bad)
Will the real Dak please stand up?

cern

Reaction score
Good point. Zeke catches the ball well. We've seen him take a couple of sideline passes to the house. Few corners want to take him on one on one. Goes back to poor coaching imo.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
That answer is simple. In the second half of 2017, Dak Prescott sucked at playing QB.

• 73.98 - 2nd half of 2017 - Dak's QB rating (fire alarm bad, really, really sucks bad, worse than Brandon Weeden bad, calling Mark Sanchez to save us bad)
I can tell this conversation won't go anywhere. Have a wonderful evening good sir.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Good point. Zeke catches the ball well. We've seen him take a couple of sideline passes to the house. Few corners want to take him on one on one. Goes back to poor coaching imo.
Lord... If we don't see him catching considerably more passes out of the back field this year my head will surely explode.

Bleedblue1111

Reaction score

:hammer:

It looked like his mechanics were off after the Atlanta game. 2nd half of season started with that game.

Last edited:

Hadenough

Reaction score
Yes Dak may of been off but when he did manage to make good throws it was Dez who dropped the ball.When your getting paid 14.5 mil a year your supposed to catch the ball when it hits you in the hands! Not let it go through your hands and hit your chest! Dez Bryants disappearing acts were happening in big games with Romo at QB.
Dak keeps it up and he is next ! The reason Dak isnt as much of an issue it was his 2nd year in the league not to mention he is getting paid peanuts, was 4th round pick and there is no long term contract with him!

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/sig-stats-drop-rate-wrs

All I can say is I hope Jerry decides to talk to Dez soon because this type of thing could affect a locker room like its affecting the fan base. A divided locker room doesnt any win anything!

Last edited:

Hadenough

Reaction score
I dont think that meeting is going to happen! Because Dez has already stated he doesnt want to be disrespected and even if he did take a pay cut he wont be happy and that doesnt work either!

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I dont think that meeting is going to happen! Because Dez has already stated he doesnt want to be disrespected and even if he did take a pay cut he wont be happy and that doesnt work either!
Something has got to give. I think Stephen's patience has run out.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Good angle here... Something I hadn't really considered. We could know plenty more within a week.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ut-decision-could-come-sooner-than-later/amp/

The Cowboys begin their offseason program April 16, and that seems a logical deadline considering any season-ending injury occurring on team premises would guarantee his $12.5 million salary. It also makes sense that Bryant would want to know his status sooner than later.

The Cowboys are expected to ask Bryant to reduce his base salary to lower his salary cap number of $16.5 million for 2018. Bryant, 29, has not had a 1,000-yard season since 2014 and his last 100-yard game was November 13, 2016.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
LOL.

And I bet you can find a staffer who thinks Dez is fine.

But if this is to be believed, then why even try to knock his cap hit down? Just cut him and cut the cancer out.

I suspect this staffer and most in the media really aren't privy to what's really going on.
They followed your direction. :thumbup:

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM...

Stephen? Is that you?

Last edited: