Inside Staffer telling the truth on ol Dez

Hadenough

Reaction score
I defend Dez because I think the criticism is exceesive. It's not like he doesn't need to improve. But there are mitigating factors to his "decline" in performance - namely the decline in play from the QB position almost from the moment he signed his new contract. To ignore that and assume it is ALL due to Dez is unfair criticism.

Now if, for whatever reason, Dak proves to gain more on-field chemistry with other receivers, and never gets there with Dez, that's a tragedy. And if that's the case, the team must choose to either move on from Dez, or upgrade from Dak. That's obvious. But it still doesn't follow that the blame falls completely on Dez. I think with the right QB, he's just as good now as he was with Romo. I really do believe that.

I'm rooting for Dak and Dez to figure it out together. I'm not anit-Dez or anti-Dak. But the blame lands on both of them, not just one or the other.
No doubt both are to blame! I just feel the coaches are trying to force the Dallas to Dez chemistry and it just isn't there. For whatever reason Dak seems to trust Beasley but because the coaches want a Dez connection that is suffered. And this what happens in Dallas. coaches don't care about chemistry.

Proof

Reaction score
It's refreshing to see a Dez supporter post with reasonability.

I really was confident after the way he finished 2016 that 2017 would be back to form. Thought 15 obviously had circumstances that explained the downturn. But 17 was putrid, and just really inexcusable. So I get it. Still holding out hope, and compelled to stick up for him, but I get it.

Proof

Reaction score
I defend Dez because I think the criticism is exceesive. It's not like he doesn't need to improve. But there are mitigating factors to his "decline" in performance - namely the decline in play from the QB position almost from the moment he signed his new contract. To ignore that and assume it is ALL due to Dez is unfair criticism.

Now if, for whatever reason, Dak proves to gain more on-field chemistry with other receivers, and never gets there with Dez, that's a tragedy. And if that's the case, the team must choose to either move on from Dez, or upgrade from Dak. That's obvious. But it still doesn't follow that the blame falls completely on Dez. I think with the right QB, he's just as good now as he was with Romo. I really do believe that.

I'm rooting for Dak and Dez to figure it out together. I'm not anit-Dez or anti-Dak. But the blame lands on both of them, not just one or the other.
This sums it up perfectly.

Proof

Reaction score
No doubt both are to blame! I just feel the coaches are trying to force the Dallas to Dez chemistry and it just isn't there. For whatever reason Dak seems to trust Beasley but because the coaches want a Dez connection that is suffered. And this what happens in Dallas. coaches don't care about chemistry.

I feel like the forced to Dez aspect is because Beasley was very easily taken away. He was daks preferred target because he was routinely open and could move the sticks. Once teams sat on him he wasn’t much of a safety valve, and when he was, he was stppped short much more frequently.

Verdict

Reaction score
I really was confident after the way he finished 2016 that 2017 would be back to form. Thought 15 obviously had circumstances that explained the downturn. But 17 was putrid, and just really inexcusable. So I get it. Still holding out hope, and compelled to stick up for him, but I get it.

I think that's entirely reasonable. I could even seeing it play out that way. I'm doubtful it would happen, but I understand it is possible.

I am sure as a Dez supporter you might not want Dez to move on, but could understand how the team might decide they want to move on before you would.

That's just real life stuff. I just don't understand the people that don't think Dez has done any wrong or that it's not remotely reasonable to consider whether he is more of an asset or a liability at this point.

Verdict

Reaction score
I feel like the forced to Dez aspect is because Beasley was very easily taken away. He was daks preferred target because he was routinely open and could move the sticks. Once teams sat on him he wasn’t much of a safety valve, and when he was, he was stppped short much more frequently.

That's possible. It may even be partly true. But I think the backlash on that is the illogical narrative that Dez isn't ever covered no matter how well he is covered that the Cowboys seem to have tried to force on Dak. At least that is what's i think hey have done.

Plus that school of thought is supported by Dez' sideline antics and complaining for the ball. Dez might have even been viewed more positively if he made good plays after he did all his complaining and the ball hit him in the hands and he dropped/fumbled it. You could see the anti Dez train gaining traction at that point.

In fact when Dez was complaining about lack of touches when we were winning really hurt Dez' fan support.

Verdict

Reaction score

Yes. I agree that is part of the polarizing nature of this issue.

Proof

Reaction score
That's possible. It may even be partly true. But I think the backlash on that is the illogical narrative that Dez isn't ever covered no matter how well he is covered that the Cowboys seem to have tried to force on Dak. At least that is what's i think hey have done.

Plus that school of thought is supported by Dez' sideline antics and complaining for the ball. Dez might have even been viewed more positively if he made good plays after he did all his complaining and the ball hit him in the hands and he dropped/fumbled it. You could see the anti Dez train gaining traction at that point.

In fact when Dez was complaining about lack of touches when we were winning really hurt Dez' fan support.

Agreed

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score

Chuuuuch

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Dez not developing as a route runner is clearly on the staff. They allowed him to run lazy routes instead of making him learn the game and get better. Another example of our lack of developing players.
Can't argue there.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Dez not developing as a route runner is clearly on the staff. They allowed him to run lazy routes instead of making him learn the game and get better. Another example of our lack of developing players.

No it is not. These are professional coaches who want to keep their job. I dont think dez learns well, and he has emotional issues. This is just a guess, but I bet he gets frustrated when they try to teach him, and has always just relied on his natural ability.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
No it is not. These are professional coaches who want to keep their job. I dont think dez learns well, and he has emotional issues. This is just a guess, but I bet he gets frustrated when they try to teach him, and has always just relied on his natural ability.
Can't argue there either. (shrug)

That's Dez for you... Leaves you baffled regularly.

Proof

Reaction score
I think that's entirely reasonable. I could even seeing it play out that way. I'm doubtful it would happen, but I understand it is possible.

I am sure as a Dez supporter you might not want Dez to move on, but could understand how the team might decide they want to move on before you would.

That's just real life stuff. I just don't understand the people that don't think Dez has done any wrong or that it's not remotely reasonable to consider whether he is more of an asset or a liability at this point.

Yeah I’m stuck in the middle of selfishly wanting him to stay as a fan of his and believing he can still be a difference maker for us, and realizing his salary in general is crippling, and for his production unreasonable. It’s mostly just a reaction to the unceremonious way fans have turned on him and rewrote his history. There’s s lot of personal stuff wrapped up in it as well, as I’ve had some really rough times over the past few years and the team has been an escape and the affinity I have for some of them (Dez, tony, Witt etc) extends beyond the normal go team go stuff. And I know I’m on an island with that, but it’s just somewhat sad seeing everyone turn on the guy so harshly even if there’s practical, understandable reasons

cern

Reaction score
Beasley got double covered more and more as teams figured out dez didn't require a double team.