Inside Staffer telling the truth on ol Dez

Hadenough

Reaction score
Or maybe Dez has always sucked and Romo made him look great, like he did Laurent Robertson.
Robinson and Romo were on the same page! They had a great connection I couldn't believe they let Robinson go.

Verdict

Reaction score
Lol make more excuses for him. If only Dez gets all of his weaknesses covered up then he might not be a liability to the offense!

Dak can’t get him the ball because he’s never where he’s supposed to be. Lazy routes. Doesn’t focus. Too easily taken out of games. This guy can’t even beat #3 corners anymore.

Correct.

Verdict

Reaction score
Can two things not be true simultaneously?

Dez isn’t the best route runner and he was thrown a ton of poor balls. Not complicated

That's partially true. Dak did throw some bad balls to Dez. Conversely, Dak also threw some great passes to Dez that he dropped, or didn't run a very good route so they looked off.

Verdict

Reaction score
Unnamed or not... It came from an insider and, at least to me, that's YUGE.
Maybe more importantly I haven't seen anyone from inside the Cowboys denying it was said or that the Cowboys still have full confidence in Dez.

Verdict

Reaction score
Look, I just don't understand why all the QBs have gotten blamed for Dez's decline, with exception of Romo since 2015. Funny thing is most people blame Weeden and Moore, too and Weeden didn't play with Dez in 2015 and Moore only played about a half of football with Dez.

It's real simple. The stats don't lie. Dez regressed even with Romo in 2015, but for some reason people don't want to admit that, they want to exclude Romo's time and only include Dez's regression with other QBs.

That's because they don't want to believe it so they make up their own narrative.

Verdict

Reaction score
Dez haters are the fans who act like he's never been good, is incapable of being good, have nothing but negative things to say about him as a player, as a man, who'd rather kick him while he's down and those of us who are fans of his and believe he can still contribute to the team in a meaningful way. He's overpaid, he's been overpaid, and even if he rounds back into form it's likely too little too later given the amount of money he's been paid over the past few years, but the vitriol from our fans is just wild.

No. That's how you want to spin it but that's not really the point.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
WOW! Its interesting how the coaches and some of us fans can see this but other fans defend Dez like he is their brother!

I defend Dez because I think the criticism is exceesive. It's not like he doesn't need to improve. But there are mitigating factors to his "decline" in performance - namely the decline in play from the QB position almost from the moment he signed his new contract. To ignore that and assume it is ALL due to Dez is unfair criticism.

Now if, for whatever reason, Dak proves to gain more on-field chemistry with other receivers, and never gets there with Dez, that's a tragedy. And if that's the case, the team must choose to either move on from Dez, or upgrade from Dak. That's obvious. But it still doesn't follow that the blame falls completely on Dez. I think with the right QB, he's just as good now as he was with Romo. I really do believe that.

I'm rooting for Dak and Dez to figure it out together. I'm not anit-Dez or anti-Dak. But the blame lands on both of them, not just one or the other.

Proof

Reaction score
That's partially true. Dak did throw some bad balls to Dez. Conversely, Dak also threw some great passes to Dez that he dropped, or didn't run a very good route so they looked off.
Yeah I’ve said and maintained both. Dak had some real head scratchers last year to all receivers, and I’m a huge supporter of his.

cern

Reaction score
dez's decline is a result of injuries imo. knees, ankles, broken bones in his foot have all attributed to his diminishing skills. and worst of all, he now hears footsteps. many of his drops were a result of not focusing on the ball and looking to avoid contact. his forte was mastery of the contested ball. but not any more. he no longer possesses the sheer athleticism that once gave him elite status. if the downturn were just for one season, I might think he could come back. but after three seasons in a row of jag performances, I just don't see it.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Yeah I’ve said and maintained both. Dak had some real head scratchers last year to all receivers, and I’m a huge supporter of his.
I recognize that too also as a huge Dak supporter.

So I ask....

Why can't the Dez supporters budge off of their high horses?

Proof

Reaction score
No. That's how you want to spin it but that's not really the point.

Huh. How are you going to tell me my point lol?

There’s no spin at all, there’s more than a handful of posters that do this. Not everyone who’s soured I’m Dez fits this bill, but there are absolutely a contingent

Proof

Reaction score
I recognize that too also as a huge Dak supporter.

So I ask....

Why can't the Dez supporters budge off of their high horses?

I mean... I’m one of the biggest / vocal Dez fans and I’m saying he’s played the biggest part in his own demise. When you’re a fan of a guy though you’ll defend him.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I mean... I’m one of the biggest / vocal Dez fans and I’m saying he’s played the biggest part in his own demise. When you’re a fan of a guy though you’ll defend him.
Yeah.. I get that. But at the cost of any form of logic whatsoever???

I recognize the fact that you're a logical Dez fan. Refreshing. I am too. I just realize it's time for him (and the team) to move on. It would be even more refreshing to see more logical Dez fans around here.

Proof

Reaction score
Yeah.. I get that. But at the cost of any form of logic whatsoever???

I recognize the fact that you're a logical Dez fan. Refreshing. I am too. I just realize it's time for him (and the team) to move on. It would be even more refreshing to see more logical Dez fans around here.

Can’t really speak for anyone else, but clearly both sides have illogical participants and fire ends getting fought with fire.

Proof

Reaction score
Or maybe Dez has always sucked and Romo made him look great, like he did Laurent Robertson.

He didn’t make Laurent Robinson’s look great. He made him look better than he was. For one season. And it amounted to what, like 800 yds?

This is what I’m talking about.

Verdict

Reaction score

Well said. Reasonability is key.

Verdict

Reaction score

It's refreshing to see a Dez supporter post with reasonability.