Inside Texas reported that Alabama head coach Nick Saban will be announced as Longhorns coach

RS12

Reaction score
132798.jpg

Nick Saban | Center
Team: Alabama Crimson Tide

LATEST NEWS
RECENT NEWS

The website Inside Texas reported on Thursday night that Alabama head coach Nick Saban will be announced as Longhorns' coach after the season.
We don't generally print rumors like this, but the Internet lit up with chatter over this report. There's been smoke surrounding the Saban-to-Texas rumors since The Associated Press reported that Saban's agent met with Longhorn regents in January. In a web chat on Thursday, an IT writer with the pen name Jesus Shuttlesworth told premium subscribers that he believes Mack Brown will announce his resignation before the team's season-ending banquet. The writer later added, "Chancellor at Bama says Saban to Texas. That's the big news." It's important to note that no other media outlet has substantiated this report, though SI.com reported on Friday that Brown's status as Longhorns head coach is "up in the air." Dec 6 - 7:27 PM
Source: Inside Texas

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I told yas weeks ago that Saban's wife got caught house shopping in the Austin area :)

koolaid

Drink Me
Reaction score
if this happens it would be INSANE. I'll believe it when I see it though. Saban has a great situation in Bama.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
if this happens it would be INSANE. I'll believe it when I see it though. Saban has a great situation in Bama.

Rumors are....he was/is going to be offered a 10 year contract worth 100 million, part of the Longhorns Network and a stake in some oil industry(worth a lot).

Lets see, where do you want to live.....Tuscaloosa or Austin? Choice is easy for me. He has accomplished a lot in Alabama, maybe try a new chapter and bring Texas back to glory, who knows.

All I know is....if the above offer is true, it would be extremely hard to pass that up. UT is making a strong push to get him. I also heard that Saban has a part in the Alabama contract to where if he walks on them, he gets 1 million a year for life. This is not from being fired but from his own resignation. Not sure why Alabama agreed to that but it is interesting if so.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
It absolutely makes NO sense to give a coach money to walk. That is just insane. I hope you heard wrong.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If he quits he gets a million a year for life? There's no way that's true.

I heard it on some sports talk show this morning on the radio. It was a 30-minute segment on nothing but Saban/UT. They knew what they were talking about, wasn't just some talking heads.

I find this far-fetched too. Maybe I heard it wrong and it applies to being fired but I don't think I misunderstood it. I can't find anything about it on the net though.

joseephuss

Reaction score
So he would get that million a year if he resigns, but does not take another job?

burmafrd

Reaction score
Well in one respect that makes sense. I mean really what has he got left to prove in Alabama?

Has any coach won NC's at two different schools? Maybe that is a challenge that interests him. Can't imagine what else could. He already has lots of money.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Well in one respect that makes sense. I mean really what has he got left to prove in Alabama?

Has any coach won NC's at two different schools? Maybe that is a challenge that interests him. Can't imagine what else could. He already has lots of money.

He has already won at two different schools. He won at LSU.

burmafrd

Reaction score
He has already won at two different schools. He won at LSU.

OH forgot about that. Never had much interest in him or LSU. So really I guess there are not any challenges left for him in college Football. Outside of going out to win more NCs then any other HC has ever done. I guess that would be of interest to him. Doing it at three different schools would pretty much put him in a league of his own.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I take the money even if only for my heirs. You can't pass up setting your genetic legacy for a very very long time. Besides Austin and TX does beat AL and I have kin there. Love Texas.

Aikbach

Reaction score
I honestly think he'd hate the Big 12, if he hates offense as he's grumbled in the past, then the Big 12 is definitely not for him.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Saban isn't going anywhere. All this was a ploy to get a bigger contract out of Alabama. And why would Saban leave an outstanding recruiting class and deep roster to go to Texas? Alabama is locked and loaded again. Bama, if they find a quarterback, will be contending again next year.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Well, I guess my opinion is the same as it has been from the start. I believe if Texas really wanted Saban, they could get him. I don't believe Saban will be the HC at Texas. I just don't see it happening. I think Saban might consider leaving Bama though. I think Saban's run at Alabama is close to being over. JMO.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I have no idea but I agree with ABQ. If Texas wants him they can land him. You're likely going to have to wait until the bowl games are over for each team. JMO.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Saban isn't going anywhere. All this was a ploy to get a bigger contract out of Alabama. And why would Saban leave an outstanding recruiting class and deep roster to go to Texas? Alabama is locked and loaded again. Bama, if they find a quarterback, will be contending again next year.

He'd have a loaded class at UT and he'd be top 5 in recruiting every year.

Its very possible he could announce then have the top overall class in the country within a few days.

Briles got his extension, Sumlin got his extension, Malzahn got his extension... if Saban was angling for another extension he'd have it by now.

Saban to UT has been very real for a long time.