Inside the Huddle: Romo not playing

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
dozin@theknick;2364263 said:
What a ***** for getting a broken bone in your hand. The more posts of yours I read the more I think you are a joke. Go away and pick another team. It is one thing to be frustrated with the rest of Cowboys fans but please be somewhat reasonable.

Very well said.

Rogah

Reaction score
I want Romo to play as much as anyone, but it just doesn't make sense to start a QB with an injury that is going to effect his ability to throw the darn ball. I don't like the fact that we are stuck with Johnson, but I trust the powers-that-be who know much more about Romo's injury than we do when they say Romo just isn't ready.

And I refuse to put the next 2 weeks each into the "L" column. I fully expect to win at least one, if not both, of those games.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
ajk23az;2364173 said:
LMAO, I love all you guys calling him a puss.

Have any of you tried to play professional football with a broken finger (especially being a QB)?

I didn't think so. You have no idea how much it hurts, or when it hurts.

I'm glad all you can act macho and egotistical calling him a puss on a message board when you have no idea whats going on with him.

Exactly. It's comical, at best, for a bunch of coach potatoes to make any comments on something that they don't know crap about.

CrazyMonster;2364181 said:
I know other qbs have played through much worse, especially if the season was basically on the line.

Tony seems to be a very nice human being, but I have lost a lot of respect for him as a player.

How many of those QBs came back and played even close to respectable? I know that Favre played with a banged up thumb and played less than stellar and I know that Brad Johnson played with a injuried finger and played poorly and Drew Bledsoe also go injured the same way and couldn't play either.

Some of the people around here are confusing toughness and bravery with stupidity.

Rampage;2364188 said:
don't bother man. you know it, I know it and Tony knows it.

The only thing anyone knows is that you're clueless and completely ignorant when it comes to football injuries.

CrazyMonster;2364206 said:
Wrong. Cassel would be do fine here. He can actually move.

Johnson is worthless.

Yeah Cassel looked like he had an amazing ability to move last night while a second rate Denver defense was sacking him 6 or 7 times.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
dozin@theknick;2364263 said:
What a ***** for getting a broken bone in your hand. The more posts of yours I read the more I think you are a joke. Go away and pick another team. It is one thing to be frustrated with the rest of Cowboys fans but please be somewhat reasonable.
players all around the league are playing with injuries. the team needs him now more than ever. he's soft. is that better?

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2364261 said:
ok---we will be 4-5

finish the season at 11-5......how is that over?

i like you crazy cowboy...

but i'm going to have to give you one of these..

:bang2:

Kangaroo

Reaction score
parcells316;2364042 said:
good thing the Patriots didn't take this attitude.

The Patriots know how to play defense the Cowboys know how to let the worse offense in football drop 34 on them

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Vintage;2364278 said:
Rampage, not every QB can be Rivers and play through injury.
i'm dissapointed in the whole team. but we need him now. now i think the season is over for us.

dozin_theknick

Reaction score
Rampage;2364274 said:
players all around the league are playing with injuries. the team needs him now more than ever. he's soft. is that better?

Seriously, he has a broken bone in his hand. His throwing hand. He is a quarterback. You are being either totally irrational or ignorant. You need to seriously think about what you are saying or go away. Do you think if he thought he could play at a high level without possibly ending his season he wouldnt.

JUST STOP!!! You are making an *** of your self!!

Rogah

Reaction score
Rampage;2364274 said:
I just have to disagree with this. The man's finger on his throwing hand is broken. I know it's "just the pinky finger" but I have to imagine that that will effect his ability to accurately throw a football, don't you..? He doesn't throw the football the same way you or I would while playing in some weekend flag football league... the guy has to be able to throw a ball accurately at distances of up to 40-50 yards (if not more). I would bet all 5 of his fingers (plus his wrist, elbow and shoulder) have to be functioning well in order to do that.

If he were an offensive lineman sitting out because of a broken pinky, I would agree he was soft.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Rogah;2364305 said:
I just have to disagree with this. The man's finger on his throwing hand is broken. I know it's "just the pinky finger" but I have to imagine that that will effect his ability to accurately throw a football, don't you..? He doesn't throw the football the same way you or I would while playing in some weekend flag football league... the guy has to be able to throw a ball accurately at distances of up to 40-50 yards (if not more). I would bet all 5 of his fingers (plus his wrist, elbow and shoulder) have to be functioning well in order to do that.

If he were an offensive lineman sitting out because of a broken pinky, I would agree he was soft.

If Rivers had that injured knee during the reg season, he would have missed some time. But it WAS the AFCCG...so he had no choice otherwise. It was either win or go home.

Same with Romo-if this was a playoff game, he would be forced to play. No ifs, ands, or buts.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Vintage;2364278 said:
Rampage, not every QB can be Rivers and play through injury.

Not to mention looking AMAZING while trying to do so. I'll bet money that the Chargers coaches, and players, in hindsight would much rather he hadn't played that game since his passes were so amazing while he couldn't throw it properly with his knee banged up.

So I wonder how much these fans that think he's a wuss, or what have you, would be screaming their heads off at him every time the ball was fumbled, or for every pick, when his grip and throwing is screwed up from the injury.

But, yeah, I'm sure they'd be saying "But by GAWD he's a stud."

dozin_theknick

Reaction score
Boysboy;2364314 said:
If Rivers had that injured knee during the reg season, he would have missed some time. But it WAS the AFCCG...so he had no choice otherwise. It was either win or go home.

Same with Romo-if this was a playoff game, he would be forced to play. No ifs, ands, or buts.

I agree. Its week 8. The season is less than half way through. I would rather he let it heal than be done for the season.

Rogah

Reaction score
Boysboy;2364314 said:

I think that's an excellent point. I am not ready to press the panic button on this season. I have every faith the Cowboys are still playoff bound and I don't think it's wise to exacerbate an injury in October when we plan to still be playing in January. :starspin

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2364316 said:
Not to mention looking AMAZING while trying to do so. I'll bet money that the Chargers coaches, and players, in hindsight would much rather he hadn't played that game since his passes were so amazing while he couldn't throw it properly with his knee banged up.

So I wonder how much these fans that think he's a wuss, or what have you, would be screaming their heads off at him every time the ball was fumbled, or for every pick, when his grip and throwing is screwed up from the injury.

But, yeah, I'm sure they'd be saying "But by GAWD he's a stud."

Not sure why you are directing this at me... but whatever.

What Rivers did was incredibly gutsy... and arguably stupid. But I got to hand it to him. That's one tough SOB.

Cowboys2008

Reaction score
This season just isn't going to be like we had imagined going in, that's all. What it means now is we're going to have to fight for our spot. In which I have every belief this team will some how come together and get it done. Time to build the character of a champion!

dozin_theknick

Reaction score
Vintage;2364339 said:
Not sure why you are directing this at me... but whatever.

What Rivers did was incredibly gutsy... and arguably stupid. But I got to hand it to him. That's one tough SOB.

I dont think anyone would argue that, but it was the AFC Championship game. I would want Romo to play in the NFC Championship game... if he could and could be affective.

The jury is out as if Rivers was affective but you do have to respect him for playing.

But as the situation is, it is week 8 with over half the season to go and the Cowboys are 4-3. I know it is not where we as fans want them to be and they do have a difficult stretch of their schedule coming up but if he is not ready to go he isnt ready to go. Dont risk any chance they have now with a hand to a helmet or a simple knock down.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
I'm not saying Romo is weak or a *****. I don't know how tough he is. We've never had to see how tough he is. Hopefully, we'll never have to find out either.

I do know Rivers is a gusty SOB. That's all I was saying.