Inside the Huddle: Romo not playing

CrazyMonster

Reaction score
Boysboy;2364194 said:
Cassell also has alot of guys with leadership and passion surrounding him, and not to mention too very good coaches. BJ, OTOH, does not at all.

If you switch teams with these guys, BJ would be looking might good in a Pats uniform, but Cassell wouldn't even be doing 2 *****'s in our uniform.

Wrong. Cassel would be do fine here. He can actually move.

Johnson is worthless.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Alexander;2364183 said:
They don't have Brad Johnson as their quarterback either. I would take Cassel over Johnson.

Me too.

But I'd take 13 games from Romo + 3 from Johnson > 16 from Matt Cassell.

That was my point. Yes, it sucks we are without Romo likely for 3 games. But we should be thankful. NE is without their QB for 16 games.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
Vintage;2364209 said:
Me too.

But I'd take 13 games from Romo + 3 from Johnson > 16 from Matt Cassell.

That was my point. Yes, it sucks we are without Romo likely for 4 games. But we should be thankful. NE is without their QB for 16 games.

and their qb of the defense in harrison.

Boysboy

Reaction score
RainMan;2364202 said:
I agree, boysboy.

The Patriots ooze success. They "get it." They work hard during the week, outstudy the opponents, are well coached and play as a team.

We appear to half *** it in practice, play as individuals and lack the basic fundamentals to win ball games.

Moss in New England? A leader. Moss here? A starring distraction.

And all this time...90% of us here were giving the Pats alot of flack for being classless cheaters, etc, etc.

Really-I'm not that kind of "because everyone else does it, it's OK for us to do it" kind of guy, but let's get real...to say the Pats were the only one that cheated and stole signals is a bunch of hogwash. Can you honestly say that Jimmy Johnson was a honest guy that always played it by the rules? It wouldn't have surprised me if he himself taped practices of his opponents. Ultimately-teams will do anything to get that competitive advantage...it's no different from playing chess.

With that being said-the Pats didn't have all this success under Belichick for nothing. Obviously-they're doing something RIGHT to get the right players and get them to buy into the system.

*sigh* sadly, we're not. Heck-Bradie James could probably be an emotional leader for the Pats.

Boysboy

Reaction score
CrazyMonster;2364206 said:
Wrong. Cassel would be do fine here. He can actually move.

Johnson is worthless.

Cassell is improving, but he's not all that good to begin with. He didn't play at all at USC, and he just holds onto the ball too long(even more than Bledsoe).

But like I said, it doesn't matter-they can put Kermit the Frog under center, and they'll still be contenders.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The worst thing is this team doesn't know how to play mistake free football which screws us even more.

We are guaranteed double digit penalties. Sucks.

Romo will have to come back and play the best ball of his life for this team to get where it wants to go.

This is either going to be one magical year or 1 of the more disapointing years in Franchise history.

Thats what we have set ourselves up for. ugghh.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
CATCH17;2364227 said:
The worst thing is this team doesn't know how to play mistake free football which screws us even more.

We are guaranteed double digit penalties. Sucks.

Romo will have to come back and play the best ball of his life for this team to get where it wants to go.

This is either going to be one magical year or 1 of the more disapointing years in Franchise history.

Thats what we have set ourselves up for. ugghh.

We could adopt the Cubs motto of "There's always next year."

lgarcia792002

Reaction score
Ok Romo out next 2 games.. Probloby gonna loos both them games.. Then we have to worry about a sluggish playing Romo when he comes back.. WOW what fun we gonna have as COWBOY FANS.. I just think it might be time to hang up the gloves with all of this drama thats happening with the BOYS...

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
RainMan;2364202 said:
The Patriots ooze success. They "get it." They work hard during the week, outstudy the opponents, are well coached and play as a team.

We appear to half *** it in practice, play as individuals and lack the basic fundamentals to win ball games.

Moss in New England? A leader. Moss here? A starring distraction.

They do "get it". Belicheck isn't going to allow a circus atmosphere. He's not going to have Hard Knocks in their camp. You won't see their owner or GM hiring staff for Belicheck.

Our organization, starting at the top, just doesn't get it.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
lane;2364199 said:
i would take chad hutchinson over johnson....yea....i said it.

Just because you said it doesn't make it any more intelligent.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
Considering the original prognosis was 4-5 weeks, which would put him at week 11 for the Skins, this isn't news.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Whats even more sad is even though we have injuries we should still have enough players on that side of the ball for our defense not to be a liability.

I would love it if we were just able to play a defensive game with Tampa but not even that will happen.

A Flozell false start is no longer something this team can just whipe off their shoulders anymore now. Its a drive killer.

The worst part is without Romo the defense could play amazing and we still may not win.

This is just bad.

If your still not a Romo believer be prepared to literally pimp slap yourself for ever thinking that.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
CrazyMonster;2364181 said:
I know other qbs have played through much worse, especially if the season was basically on the line.

Tony seems to be a very nice human being, but I have lost a lot of respect for him as a player.

I really don't care what you think because every single one of your posts has been negative since I can remember. Please stop saying your a Cowboys fan...

dozin_theknick

Reaction score
Rampage;2364022 said:
Romo is a *****. 4-5

What a ***** for getting a broken bone in your hand. The more posts of yours I read the more I think you are a joke. Go away and pick another team. It is one thing to be frustrated with the rest of Cowboys fans but please be somewhat reasonable.