INT Wars - Dak vs Hurts

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
And hurts is playing pretty well, even with the turnovers. In fact, that we’re scoring on the same pace as last year even with the turnovers is kind of impressive

Context always matters. If Hurts throws 20 interceptions and we’re back in the NFCCG, I’m not going to say woe is me about his contract
Well I wouldn't either. I just don't know how you can go to a NFCCG throwing 20 interceptions. That's typically not how that works. Stafford led the league with 16 and won a SB so I guess if that's the hope then go for it.

Hurts has been meh. I've watched all of your games don't sell me he's playing pretty well lol. He has a tendency of screwing up and then making a big play which aye that's a nice quality to have that's not a knock but overall he has not looked right. I almost bye he's hurt but I mean the knee brace says it all.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Then give Dak some of Jalen Hurts mental issues please because apparently going to the Super Bowl is one of the side effects.
Hurts mental issues happen to be having AJ Brown, Devonta Smith, Goedert and the best offensive line in the league.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
6-1 is all that matters but the issue is some of these games are getting won in spite of Hurts. I don't think you can throw 3 interceptions against the 49ers and expect to win that game. I'm not even sure if you can do it against Dallas and get away with it.
That may be true. I haven't watched enough Eagles to truly comment. However, this is why football is a team game. If the offense is off, the defense and ST has to step up. If the defense is off, the offense and ST has to step. They've done that, ergo 6-1.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That may be true. I haven't watched enough Eagles to truly comment. However, this is why football is a team game. If the offense is off, the defense and ST has to step up. If the defense is off, the offense and ST has to step. They've done that, ergo 6-1.
You are right. You win as a team. But when those playoffs start? Its all about the QB. He may get better as the season goes on. Its why they've struggled against bad teams like the Commanders, Pats and Vikings....And hell Jets too.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Naw even Eagles fans will tell you something is off. Now they are blaming his "injury" they've kept hidden.

Hurts will always have nice stats because of the tush push. He's going to rack up touchdowns. But he does not look like he did last year. The Jets game was abysmal. He's not scrambling like he did last year and he looks hesitant but if he's hurt that explains why he's running like that now.
Yeah he hasn't been as good as last year, but I guess I never expected that to continue.

That said, he's making plays when they need it.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
And hurts is playing pretty well, even with the turnovers. In fact, that we’re scoring on the same pace as last year even with the turnovers is kind of impressive

Context always matters. If Hurts throws 20 interceptions and we’re back in the NFCCG, I’m not going to say woe is me about his contract. Because after his second TO against Miami, he went nuts on them. From a tie game to kneeling inside the 10 instead of going up by 3 TDs. That’s infinitely better than being passive, having a clean game, and losing by a FG.

Hurts will put up a flawed stat line, but in the end show up enough to matter in the win (21 out of every 23 times)
I really, really dislike Philly. Always have. But I dislike being unable to have an unbiased, objective discussion even more. Too many people want to only support or acknowledge the good in things they like. Hurts has seemed a little off and yes he has had some turnovers but as you said he is playing well. People are jumping on to try & drag him down. He seems like a good guy who has worked hard to better himself. I can respect that & grade him accordingly.

You do a nice job of making good points without being abrasive and you seem to be fair regardless of the team or player being discussed.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yeah he hasn't been as good as last year, but I guess I never expected that to continue.

That said, he's making plays when they need it.
He does. I won't take that from him. He will throw a interception and then throw a big time pass afterwards. He does do it. That's why the Jets game was so shocking. They typically protect him. Not in a bad way like he's a scrub but if he throws a pick maybe they'll lean on the run and help open things up. They just completely abandoned the run.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I really, really dislike Philly. Always have. But I dislike being unable to have an unbiased, objective discussion even more. Too many people want to only support or acknowledge the good in things they like. Hurts has seemed a little off and yes he has had some turnovers but as you said he is playing well. People are jumping on to try & drag him down. He seems like a good guy who has worked hard to better himself. I can respect that & grade him accordingly.

You do a nice job of making good points without being abrasive and you seem to be fair regardless of the team or player being discussed.
Saying Hurts is struggling doesn't make him a bad guy. He simply is. Anyone who is objectively watching will tell you that. That doesn't mean he's a bad guy or a bad quarterback. He's having issues reading certain defenses. Flores and Bellicheat specifically through some things at him he couldn't handle. As did Salah. These are 3 great defensive minds with Flores coming from the Bellicheat tree. It happens.

Reading box scores doesn't mean you have a unbiased or objective it just means you aren't paying attention.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
You guys get so caught up on this. These threads are usually an entertaining read.

Did you know Kirk Cousins has more TD passes than Dak? First reaction should be “who cares, they’re 2-4 and Dallas is 4-2.”

Dak had way more picks in 2022 than 2021, but the season was almost identical anyway. Hurts has 8 picks, and some fumbles too. Oh well, we’re still doing roughly the same as last year.
Entertaining for real. I have never seen so many, "Haha, so there! Take that haters/homers!" threads anywhere. And to add, the "How come the media doesn't make as big a deal about [Team/Player X] than Cowboys players?" threads when the same folks tell you repeatedly how you shouldn't trust the sports media's slanted takes against the Cowboys. Who needs to visit a winery when there's multiple whinery vineyards right here? Lol.

bigE79

Reaction score
Well,to be fair,Dak has thrown the 7th most ints since 2016 at 69 amongst active QBs.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
Yeah I mean you can downplay it all you want. Hell Kirk Cousins has more TD's than most guys in the league he's not playing bad football.

But you guys gave Hurts 250 million based on him improving his game not taking a step backwards. Let's don't kid ourselves. You can pretend like its funny but your chances at winning a ring is dependent on how Hurts is playing.
They have a run game which aids him and they execute the RPO very well.

Throw in the push on 4 th and they have shown minus mistakes they can move the ball to at least FG range on most possessions

blueblood70

Reaction score

here's the thing go back and watch when the interceptions happen Prescott has not thrown one interception in the first half and all his interceptions were truly after a game was pretty much all but decided they had no effect on the game whatsoever

he also has no fumbles he is playing very well and people don't give him credit for it but let's be honest here his turnovers so far this year has had zero effect on our games..

blueblood70

Reaction score
Funny thing is Dak threw a pick 6 against them and beat them last year lol. But yeah they have a stacked team. Not many guys can spot a team 6 points and even lose the turnover battle and beat a team like the Dophins.
They can't if you put perspective on the players that were missing on the dolphins team once again the Eagles got to play a soft team missing some key players that's the fact it's a fact it's just like the Arizona Cardinals are never gonna get credit for me for beating us without 3 Pro Bowl offensive lineman without Trayvon diggs eytc etc I mean how many times we gotta see the Eagles play a team that's banged up or hurt and then people are all acting like they got back on track and beat some kind of healthy dolphins team the way they were when they were on A roll they had quite a bit of talent missing off that team last night let's keep it straight perspective people use the right context like they did against the 49ers last year and playing a soft *** giants team that's how they got to a Super Bowl let's stop just please stop!! Yes he spotted him a pic 6 and people drop 40 on on the rest of the game most points put on that allegedly great Eagles defense all last year