INT Wars - Dak vs Hurts

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I'm a Bills fan, and a semi Dallas fan. I follow both teams, but got tired of Jerry's theatrics. What I look at is win/losses. It doesn't matter in the end if Josh Allen or Dak have more INTs,TDs, or fumbles. All this talk is useless playground banter.
Not sure what this has to do with anything.

Swagger

Reaction score
Yeah, but it's even more. Hurts has a better offensive line not that the Eagles use them like they should. He also has in my opinion one of the best receivers in football. That guy got from Tennessee. Aj Brown is like a man playing against midget league kids.. They got a solid stable of running backs led by Swift. They are stacked on offense. We have the defense that can shut that down, but most teams don't have our defense.
How should the Eagles use their offensive line for it to be more effective?

Fully agree the Eagles have a better running game with Swift.

AJ Brown is fantastic. He is ahead of Lamb to be fair but I think the difference is bigger between their # 2 WR and the Cowboys' # 2 WR.

Cowboys do have the defense to keep some sort of lid on them.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Well I wouldn't either. I just don't know how you can go to a NFCCG throwing 20 interceptions. That's typically not how that works. Stafford led the league with 16 and won a SB so I guess if that's the hope then go for it.

Hurts has been meh. I've watched all of your games don't sell me he's playing pretty well lol. He has a tendency of screwing up and then making a big play which aye that's a nice quality to have that's not a knock but overall he has not looked right. I almost bye he's hurt but I mean the knee brace says it all.
Stafford ended up with 47 TD passes in 2021.......just so completely uncomparable

Though nobody likes turnovers, his season was nothing remotely like someone with the same ints but 20-25 less TDs
Just not in the universe

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Stafford ended up with 47 TD passes in 2021.......just so completely uncomparable

Though nobody likes turnovers, his season was nothing remotely like someone with the same ints but 20-25 less TDs
Just not in the universe
Stafford had 41 passing touchdowns not 47.....

And Hurts is currently on pace for 38 touchdowns....he won't have the passing touchdowns Stafford had but he will come close in regards to touchdowns.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I'll try to simplify it for you.
Basically, QB stats don't mean crap if the team is winning. Hurts is 7-1, regardless of his INTs or fumbles.
Now do you understand?
Ok but where did I say Hurts wasn't 7-1 or that the Eagles aren't winning? Or is this one of those "No **** Sherlock" comments that you thought you were dropping?

DFWJC

Reaction score
Stafford had 41 passing touchdowns not 47.....

And Hurts is currently on pace for 38 touchdowns....he won't have the passing touchdowns Stafford had but he will come close in regards to touchdowns.
I think I was including playoffs there

Even with 41....that is a massive +24 in the TD - int

And yes, you are absolutely right. TOTAL TDS (Pass/Rush) - TOTAL Turnovers (Int/fumbles lost) is the driving stat

The last 10 MVPS have all had one thing in common.....
They all led the league in the combined average stat of TD-Turnover and Passer Rating

This year, though it's still really early, that leader is Tua. Allen is right behind him

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
How should the Eagles use their offensive line for it to be more effective?

Fully agree the Eagles have a better running game with Swift.

AJ Brown is fantastic. He is ahead of Lamb to be fair but I think the difference is bigger between their # 2 WR and the Cowboys' # 2 WR.

Cowboys do have the defense to keep some sort of lid on them.
They don't run the ball anywhere near as much as they should. Of course they got amateurs as coaches. Someday they will see the error in their ways. I like DeVonta Smith a lot as a receiver, and Dallas Goedert at TE. They have Swift out of the backfield and if you miss all those guys their 3rd receiver is Julio Jones. Their weakness is on the defensive side of the ball. Because they don't run the ball they are susceptible to the pass rush and we can do that.

IslandCowboy

Reaction score
Dak has 5 INTs this season not 4. Dak has 10 TDs to Jalen's 13. I would say overall they have actually been pretty even this season from a stats perspective, but the problem with Dak is that he doesn't show up against good teams outside of the NFCE. He has always owned the Eagles so I fully expect him to play well and win this Sunday, but when we face our next opponent who actually has a winning record we'll see how Dak does.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
Or they may have moved on from him like they did Wentz and drafted Hurts
They gave Wentz 2 years after trashing his knee. I thought their front office were smart in that regard, but of course they had the doctors to fall back on that decision when most fans were confused by the trade for hurts. Either way they came out smelling like roses.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Dak has 5 INTs this season not 4. Dak has 10 TDs to Jalen's 13. I would say overall they have actually been pretty even this season from a stats perspective, but the problem with Dak is that he doesn't show up against good teams outside of the NFCE. He has always owned the Eagles so I fully expect him to play well and win this Sunday, but when we face our next opponent who actually has a winning record we'll see how Dak does.
Hurts has 19 TDs and 11 turnovers
Dak has 11 TDs and 5 turnovers

Neither is lighting it up but neither is bad so far either

Allen has 22 TDs and 10 turnovers.
Herbert has 16 TDs and 4 turnovers
Their "plus 12" leads the league right now.

Tua is at a Plus 9 right now AND leads the league in Passer Rating....so he might be the MVP front-runner.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
They gave Wentz 2 years after trashing his knee. I thought their front office were smart in that regard, but of course they had the doctors to fall back on that decision when most fans were confused by the trade for hurts. Either way they came out smelling like roses.
Well my main point is, there is no way to tell if Dak would've succeeded with the Eagles or not, if they would've drafted him. The cowboys drafted him as a backup and he had the perfect storm to propel him to the #1 QB Spot on the team. If Dak would've went to the Eagles, it could be that he would've never had the opportunity to be anything more than a Backup. And if he did get an opportunity there is nothing to say he would of succeeded with no Zeke, no Cowboys offensive line, etc.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
Well my main point is, there is no way to tell if Dak would've succeeded with the Eagles or not, if they would've drafted him. The cowboys drafted him as a backup and he had the perfect storm to propel him to the #1 QB Spot on the team. If Dak would've went to the Eagles, it could be that he would've never had the opportunity to be anything more than a Backup. And if he did get an opportunity there is nothing to say he would of succeeded with no Zeke, no Cowboys offensive line, etc.
You make solid points. Dak would not have started early with the Eagles. As I remember they weren't very good when Dak was drafted. We had the superior offense that allowed him to thrive. They have a nice offense to be in now for a young quarterback.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
He never said a number.. He said "We won't have all those tipped interceptions this year." It was just some media hack looking for clicks who twisted it into something else.
“I know who I am, and you can go back and take away half of those off drops,” Prescott said, via Gabriel Trevino of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. “I’m not saying it’s on the receiver, but if you cut that in half then we start talking about those, nobody is talking about it. . . . Some of it is the offense and them understanding exactly where we are. Mike does an amazing job with those guys. They know where to be, why to be, when they’re getting looked at. That’s going to be a big jump. I won’t have 10 interceptions this year.”

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profo...scott-i-wont-throw-10-interceptions-this-year

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Dak has really dialed back the INTs this year ....but also just drinking and dunking, leading to an impotent offense.

Hurts "going for it" a lot....and having INTs this year, but also bouncing back. He had an INT yesterday....but was still better than any game Dak has played this year.

Hurts definitely not finding things as easy as last year.....but that's part of the process as every team scheming for him now.

I'd trade them Dak, Micah Parsons and a 1st rounder for him....but they'd laugh in our face with that.
Nah Dak's game was better against the Rams than Hurts playing against the Commanders who is in tank mode.

Hurts has the best oline in football, top 5 recievers and a top 5 TE. Dak is still a better QB.

I would not trade Dak, Micah Parsons and a 1st for Hurts. That would be a dumb move by our already incompetent FO.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It's fun to tease Eagles fans, but Jalen Hurts hasn't been bad this year despite the int total.
Without Brown. I don’t think they win half the games that they won.