INT Wars - Dak vs Hurts

blueblood70

Reaction score
Damn, today's new math...4 to 8 instead means 5-1 and Dallas has 2 losses but wins/losses in the NFC:

Current NFC leaders in record for first 6 weeks:

Philadelphia 6-1
Detroit 5-2
San Francisco 5-2
Seattle 4-2
Dallas 4-2
Atlanta 4-3

Go Cowboys!

The Ravens just tore apart Detroit.
San Francisco lost their 2nd.

That instead nearly puts me in tears? Christ, this is football and Cowboys!
Don't you know it we're so far out of it we should just have a fire sale and just give up now.... Or they believe there's such a gap between us and the Eagles we need to make six strong moves and give away our future just to get slightly better this year... It's crazy people never put these wins and losses in context like Philadelphia getting the six in one beating a very injured shorthanded Miami team with the help of the zebras you know the new 12th man in the NFL... Did anyone going question their win against New England being so close it took them a last two drives to make that happen? And then they lose to The Jets who we be I mean they're supposed to be what untouchable this year because they made one move for a safety for a fifth and sixth round draft pick I mean someone might wanna question why he was given up for so little... Will he help them maybe will he put them over the top I doubt it I mean they're actually acting like this is like the best move ever in the NFL and that it absolutely just extended the gap and no ones catching Philadelphia..:muttley::lmao:

No what it says in this league every team looks beatable this year yes even the chiefs struggled with The Jets have had problems like actually putting teams away until very late yes they're still the best team yes they still have the best quarterback but they are very beatable...

CCBoy

Reaction score
Well there's free speech in general which we both have....but that's different than speech allowable on this fine website.

Saying someone is wrong, or silly, or paranoid/suspicious is allowed... calling people names isn't. Be careful....not my site, not my rules. Would hate to see you get banned!

P.s. I just let my username speak for itself. I won't dignify every false accusation with a reply...besides its pointless as paranoid people will believe whatever they want.
You are correct. There still is no right way to do the wrong way.

Swagger

Reaction score
And hurts is playing pretty well, even with the turnovers. In fact, that we’re scoring on the same pace as last year even with the turnovers is kind of impressive

Context always matters. If Hurts throws 20 interceptions and we’re back in the NFCCG, I’m not going to say woe is me about his contract. Because after his second TO against Miami, he went nuts on them. From a tie game to kneeling inside the 10 instead of going up by 3 TDs. That’s infinitely better than being passive, having a clean game, and losing by a FG.

Hurts will put up a flawed stat line, but in the end show up enough to matter in the win (21 out of every 23 times)
Agree.
Hurts has a fair amount of improvement to come in him during the season based on how he played last season and the Eagles are 6-1 at this stage regardless.

Furthermore and this is the pertinent point, provided the Eagles finish with the #1 or #2 seed then how clean Hurts plays during the season is almost irrelevant - it's how well he actually plays in the play offs and given how he balled out in the Superbowl the Eagles' fans should be feeling confident.

Those obsessed with Prescott still bang on about a 5 yard run against an inferior Seahawks team at AT & T in the play offs as though it was a the best play of all time! :lmao:

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
It's fun to tease Eagles fans, but Jalen Hurts hasn't been bad this year despite the int total.
Without him they would be a 4 win team. From watching him I would take him over McNabb who rarely threw INT's. He also rarely threw successful slants, deep balls, and ran for touchdowns. The Eagles biggest problem is if they lose Hurts. They don't have another guy like him or even close to win games considering how much you have to score with that horrific secondary they have.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
Agree.
Hurts has a fair amount of improvement to come in him during the season based on how he played last season and the Eagles are 6-1 at this stage regardless.

Furthermore and this is the pertinent point, provided the Eagles finish with the #1 or #2 seed then how clean Hurts plays during the season is almost irrelevant - it's how well he actually plays in the play offs and given how he balled out in the Superbowl the Eagles' fans should be feeling confident.

Those obsessed with Prescott still bang on about a 5 yard run against an inferior Seahawks team at AT & T in the play offs as though it was a the best play of all time! :lmao:
If Prescott played for the Eagles he would be a better quarterback. They just have a better offense.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Without him they would be a 4 win team. From watching him I would take him over McNabb who rarely threw INT's. He also rarely threw successful slants, deep balls, and ran for touchdowns. The Eagles biggest problem is if they lose Hurts. They don't have another guy like him or even close to win games considering how much you have to score with that horrific secondary they have.
The secondary just got a nice upgrade with Byard, but it remains to be seen how it pays off.

But yeah, Hurts has the right mental makeup for success, and I've thought that ever since his college days. In a similar way, he reminds me of Dak.

That said, like Dak, I've questioned whether Hurts had the physical tools to be successful in the NFL and I still worry about his long term viability.

But as of right now, he's playing pretty damn good.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
If Prescott played for the Eagles he would be a better quarterback. They just have a better offense.
I think 2016-2019 Prescott would thrive in the eagles offense, but right now I think Hurts is the better fit.

On the flip side, we'd probably be a worse team with Hurts.

Swagger

Reaction score
What makes the Eagles offense so effective is Hurts and the dual threat he poses an opposing defense. Prescott struggles to jog 10 yards let alone rush for 50 yards a game.

bottleKids

Reaction score
Well there's free speech in general which we both have....but that's different than speech allowable on this fine website.

Saying someone is wrong, or silly, or paranoid/suspicious is allowed... calling people names isn't. Be careful....not my site, not my rules. Would hate to see you get banned!

P.s. I just let my username speak for itself. I won't dignify every false accusation with a reply...besides its pointless as paranoid people will believe whatever they want.
You never comment on any threads but Eagle related threads... besides some generic posts.

I am not a child, I can give a **** if I am banned... Ill go about my regular life. But I am fed up with your fake trolling and will be here calling you out until I am banned for life or you finally give up the charade.

CCBoy

Reaction score
You never comment on any threads but Eagle related threads... besides some generic posts.

I am not a child, I can give a **** if I am banned... Ill go about my regular life. But I am fed up with your fake trolling and will be here calling you out until I am banned for life or you finally give up the charade.
You have pride and standards...lay off chunking rocks as a preferred standard maybe. Talk football, and not just opinion was his point.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score

Well there's no charade to give up guy.

Most of my comments are on Dak.
Then...Jerruh.
Then 3rd....our foes....including SF and Philly....mostly as a way to see what they're doing right, so we can learn from them.

Of ALL the Philly threads I see started in here with this eagles obsessed fan base....not A SINGLE ONE was started by me. Yet....you continue on ur personal, paranoid attacks.

You should consider just being nice! It's a sports website: you feel good about making it your mission to harass and "expose and calling someone out" on a sports website?

birdwells1

Reaction score
Oh you know me better than I do?

Tell me more.
Ten ints mean that we’re winning in spite of Dak, if he continued at that pace then it doesn’t look good for when you play against better teams in the playoffs. We are 4-2 with Dak throwing 4 ints which is of the lowest in the league and better than 10 ints and 1 more win.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
What makes the Eagles offense so effective is Hurts and the dual threat he poses an opposing defense. Prescott struggles to jog 10 yards let alone rush for 50 yards a game.
Yeah, but it's even more. Hurts has a better offensive line not that the Eagles use them like they should. He also has in my opinion one of the best receivers in football. That guy got from Tennessee. Aj Brown is like a man playing against midget league kids.. They got a solid stable of running backs led by Swift. They are stacked on offense. We have the defense that can shut that down, but most teams don't have our defense.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
You guys get so caught up on this. These threads are usually an entertaining read.

Did you know Kirk Cousins has more TD passes than Dak? First reaction should be “who cares, they’re 2-4 and Dallas is 4-2.”

Dak had way more picks in 2022 than 2021, but the season was almost identical anyway. Hurts has 8 picks, and some fumbles too. Oh well, we’re still doing roughly the same as last year.
Too much is made of the interceptions. There are all kinds of reasons for them, just as there were for Dak's last year, but some fans overemphasize the QB's role. I'd care more about them if they resulted in more than one loss for your team.

Deionindahood

Reaction score
Yeah I mean you can downplay it all you want. Hell Kirk Cousins has more TD's than most guys in the league he's not playing bad football.

But you guys gave Hurts 250 million based on him improving his game not taking a step backwards. Let's don't kid ourselves. You can pretend like its funny but your chances at winning a ring is dependent on how Hurts is playing.
I'm a Bills fan, and a semi Dallas fan. I follow both teams, but got tired of Jerry's theatrics. What I look at is win/losses. It doesn't matter in the end if Josh Allen or Dak have more INTs,TDs, or fumbles. All this talk is useless playground banter.