INT Wars - Dak vs Hurts

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
But this is why we can't give Dak the same type of contract... he got paid before ANY of the current big boys... if we are going to extend him (and you and I differ on this lolol) he has to not demand 250 plus extension.
I'm not interested in extending Dak right now. He has this year and another year under his deal. Maybe they extend him him I don't know but I personally wouldn't be interested in it.

bottleKids

Reaction score
Dak has really dialed back the INTs this year ....but also just drinking and dunking, leading to an impotent offense.

Hurts "going for it" a lot....and having INTs this year, but also bouncing back. He had an INT yesterday....but was still better than any game Dak has played this year.

Hurts definitely not finding things as easy as last year.....but that's part of the process as every team scheming for him now.

I'd trade them Dak, Micah Parsons and a 1st rounder for him....but they'd laugh in our face with that.
Why would you want to trade your QB that you just gave 250 Million to us?

The fact you are allowed to post on this board still makes my blood boil. I wish you were more like Aero who is openly debating and discussing as an Eagles fan. You think we are all stupid.

bottleKids

Reaction score
I'm not interested in extending Dak right now. He has this year and another year under his deal. Maybe they extend him him I don't know but I personally wouldn't be interested in it.
Right but to your earlier point - they handed Hurts 250 Million and now he is struggling and getting figured out a bit. There is no going back after a contract like that, so my point is yes, let's finish the season, but we can't make the same mistake as other teams with some of these QB contracts. Dak got his already.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Right but to your earlier point - they handed Hurts 250 Million and now he is struggling and getting figured out a bit. There is no going back after a contract like that, so my point is yes, let's finish the season, but we can't make the same mistake as other teams with some of these QB contracts. Dak got his already.
Jalen Hurts is different. He's had one good year under his belt. They gave him 250 million based on one year. Dak had a few years under his belt hell he came in as a rookie and played at a high level. Much different.

bottleKids

Reaction score
Jalen Hurts is different. He's had one good year under his belt. They gave him 250 million based on one year. Dak had a few years under his belt hell he came in as a rookie and played at a high level. Much different.
But he got his bag before a lot of the others... if he requests a second bag and bigger than that becomes much harder to swallow.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Why would you want to trade your QB that you just gave 250 Million to us?

The fact you are allowed to post on this board still makes my blood boil. I wish you were more like Aero who is openly debating and discussing as an Eagles fan. You think we are all stupid.
I don't think you're stupid. I think you're paranoid....and not a fan of free speech!

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
They have to do something with him this offseason because his cap hit for 2024 is ridiculous. That means an extension is on the way so they can spread that money across future years. As far as Dak's current deal, there is a no-trade clause and outright cutting him would cripple the cap.

The fact is the Cowboys are tied to Dak as the QB through at least 2024, for better or for worse.

bottleKids

Reaction score
I mean we say this all the time. The salary cap keeps going up.
right - but that does not mean he should be made the highest paid QB with an extension if that is where he, his Agent, and Management got. I accept he is going to be here, but that does not mean he should be the highest paid QB in NFL.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
They have to do something with him this offseason because his cap hit for 2024 is ridiculous. That means an extension is on the way so they can spread that money across future years. As far as Dak's current deal, there is a no-trade clause and outright cutting him would cripple the cap.

The fact is the Cowboys are tied to Dak as the QB through at least 2024, for better or for worse.
His cap hit is 59 million. Salary cap will get higher. How I handle his contract depends on how high the cap gets.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
right - but that does not mean he should be made the highest paid QB with an extension if that is where he, his Agent, and Management got. I accept he is going to be here, but that does not mean he should be the highest paid QB in NFL.
If the Cowboys want him that’s the price to pay. It’s go with Dak or go with Trey Lance.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
At some point the QB market needs to come under control. Look at the money the Giants gave Daniel Jones just because he had one year that wasn't terrible. He's the same lower tier guy he always was and the Giants have actually looked better without him this year.

I understand that once you find a QB you keep him, since it's the toughest position in the sport to fill. But unless you are a Mahomes or a Burrow these outrageous contracts just don't fit. And I'm looking at Dak, Hurts, Jones, Herbert, even Lamar Jackson. Jackson is very good, yes, but is he Mahomes?

Wangchung83

Reaction score
So why aren’t the Daksters going into the excuses of why these picks were thrown. I will continue to say all those it’s on the wr, line, te, etc are just that excuses. If you don’t do the sand for every qb then it’s only fair to judge each the same..int are on the qb

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So why aren’t the Daksters going into the excuses of why these picks were thrown. I will continue to say all those it’s on the wr, line, te, etc are just that excuses. If you don’t do the sand for every qb then it’s only fair to judge each the same..int are on the qb
You think Dak fans watch Hurts like they do Dak?

CCBoy

Reaction score
I hate Dak debates, but this is dumb.

The Eagles are 6-1..

I'll take 10 Dak INTs if the Cowboys were 6-1.
If you're happy and you know it show a smile...then your face will surely show it!:):starspin:

CCBoy

Reaction score
Damn, today's new math...4 to 8 instead means 5-1 and Dallas has 2 losses but wins/losses in the NFC:

Current NFC leaders in record for first 6 weeks:

Philadelphia 6-1
Detroit 5-2
San Francisco 5-2
Seattle 4-2
Dallas 4-2
Atlanta 4-3

Go Cowboys!

The Ravens just tore apart Detroit.
San Francisco lost their 2nd.

That instead nearly puts me in tears? Christ, this is football and Cowboys!

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Notice how you did not say no about being an Eagles fan trolling our boards....

Free speech? Sure go ahead keep talking about the Eagles. My free speech says you are a tool.
Well there's free speech in general which we both have....but that's different than speech allowable on this fine website.

Saying someone is wrong, or silly, or paranoid/suspicious is allowed... calling people names isn't. Be careful....not my site, not my rules. Would hate to see you get banned!

P.s. I just let my username speak for itself. I won't dignify every false accusation with a reply...besides its pointless as paranoid people will believe whatever they want.