Interesting Nuggets of Info on Offensive Scheme Last Season

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I totally, though respectfully disagree.
It would be nice if you could demonstrate how at any time Stephen is not in lock step with his father about Garrett specifically. But that is your right to disagree even with next to no evidence. Carry on. Off you go.

Alexander

Reaction score
What is your evidence to the contrary??? I've seen nothing.
You are the guy asserting that Stephen is carrying the hammer in terms of Garrett. Prove it. Or don't if you so choose to go on faith alone.

817Gill

Reaction score
What makes you think he wants to overrule Garrett?
Jerry Jones literally saying Moore needs to implement his own stuff and that he gave him permission to circumvent anyone who opposes him

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I totally, though respectfully disagree.

By most accounts I’ve read, Stephen is a bigger fan of JG than Jerry is.

And throw in the obligatory “the offense has generally been effective under Garrett on a points/series basis.”

gmoney112

Reaction score
Yeah, some of this has been talked about quite a bit here. I know me and Percy had some discussion on play-action, where Dak was one of the best in the league since he came in, and motion.

It was just weird to me, and especially after the Houston game where they bit on play action every single time, leading to most of our big plays, but we only used it a handful of times. I figured we'd see more of it after they broke down tape, it was glaring, every LB and safety bit on play action, but we just never really made it a staple when it was taking off across the league and we were so effective with it.

Don't even get me started on motion, people probably tired of me complaining about it since I basically posted about it every week. RPOs was another thing that was crazy, it was all over the place and yet.. nothing.

Another tidbit if you like this info, is the 4th quarter trends where it looks like we didn't really bother to implement an offense until the 4th quarter. It was weird. We basically played conservative, predictable football for 3 quarters, then realized we were in a real game and actually started attacking.

Not much of the offense made any sense at all.

Rayman70

Reaction score
What is your evidence to the contrary??? I've seen nothing.
exactly Cern. SOME on here just refuse to call balls and strikes in order to stubbornly oppose all things Jones...no matter what. Damn the facts. Im in your corner on this. I feel Stephen Jones has a way he does business that greatly differs from Daddy. Time will tell if it bears results.

Rayman70

Reaction score
You are the guy asserting that Stephen is carrying the hammer in terms of Garrett. Prove it. Or don't if you so choose to go on faith alone.
this isn't a court of law. CHILL and climb down from your pedestal. Your a good guy and mean well...very passionate.I respect that, but we are all the same in here. We just have different perspectives. Time will tell what shakes out to be true. Facts to this point is, Son is doing things differently than Daddy Jones has.

Last edited:

Alexander

Reaction score
this isn't a court of law. CHILL and clib down from your pedestal. Your a good guy and mean well...very passionate.I respect that, but we are all the same in here. We just have different perspectives. Time will tell what shakes out to be true. Facts to this point is, Son is doing things differently than Daddy Jones has.
I agree to "clib" down if that makes you feel better.

But simply put, Stephen Jones wielding more stroke just doesn't impress me. He thinks much like his father. It just seems different to those who want to believe he is any different.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I agree to "clib" down if that makes you feel better.

But simply put, Stephen Jones wielding more stroke just doesn't impress me. He thinks much like his father. It just seems different to those who want to believe he is any different.
we are trying to remain positive...otherwise, it becomes pointless to be here and have an opinion. Lets give it a chance at least. Cern needs to do nothing. No proof is needed. Perry Mason free zone here lmao. None of us are right more than likely. We are fanatics. That's why this is fun man.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I do not have faith. I'm a scientist. Empiricism or just plain common sense will suffice.
yup, common sense and logic. Let the chips fall where they will at that point. All bias and opinions aside.

cern

Reaction score
exactly Cern. SOME on here just refuse to call balls and strikes in order to stubbornly oppose all things Jones...no matter what. Damn the facts. Im in your corner on this. I feel Stephen Jones has a way he does business that greatly differs from Daddy. Time will tell if it bears results.
Some simply lack common sense. Often times it will trump a doctorate degree. Those who cannot see stephen's ever increasing influence are blind because they choose to be. That's their choice. It doesn't change the facts.

cern

Reaction score
By most accounts I’ve read, Stephen is a bigger fan of JG than Jerry is.

And throw in the obligatory “the offense has generally been effective under Garrett on a points/series basis.”
The way linehan was let go after Garrett saying otherwise would suggest something else.