Interesting photos

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
BrownSugar said:
I certainly hope so HH!! Nice sig line there, what did you think about the Jets draft??

In a nutshell, Brown Sugar, it sucked less than usual. ;)

I have to admit, you come to mind whenever the running back debate arises here.

All last year I stopped myself from unloading on Tham only because I was afraid to hurt your feelings. And it turned out you were the first in line to went to see him GONE.

This preseason I hope Jones proves himself worthy particularly fast. Tham as a member of a 2004 rb-by-comittee could well depend on it.

That is, of course, unless he's back in your good graces. Then of course, he may be allowed to stick around, :)

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Rocky12 said:
Can anyone find a picture of Hambrick doing any move?

20030916214056.jpeg

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
AdamJT13 said:

I wouldn't call taht a "move". He jumped in the air. Probably got hit as soon as he landed and got tackled w/o even trying to lean forward for an extra yard.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
AdamJT13 said:

Wow, that pic's a much desired variation on a running style usually not adequately captured by any camera.

Tham's infamous "minus three yards and a cloud of disgust" running.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
adbutcher said:
Not even close.

Looks the same as the Emmitt picture except Hambrick is keeping his balance. He's doing the exact same thing in the picture. (jumping over defender)

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
Looks the same as the Emmitt picture except Hambrick is keeping his balance. He's doing the exact same thing in the picture. (jumping over defender)

Except he's only about 2 inches off the ground.

Az Lurker

The Lurker
Reaction score
isn't how close Jones and Emmitt are in build. What strikes me every time is the look in Jones' eyes in every picture I see of him, that head upright wide eyed searching look that Emmitt always had, thats the look that gives me hope

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
I wonder if there is any truth at all to the
th10.jpg
speculation Troy Hambrick will be utilized as a fullback next season. He certainly is a powerfully built dude.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
I don't think Hambrick is much of a FB (he played a lot of FB two years ago). He plays FB the way I'd expect Doug Flutie to play FB, only with a lot less passion.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Rack said:
I don't think Hambrick is much of a FB (he played a lot of FB two years ago). He plays FB the way I'd expect Doug Flutie to play FB, only with a lot less passion.

If Parcells wants one of those hybrid fullbacks like Richie Anderson, I don't think Hambrick would be a bad choice to be his successor.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Rack said:
Well, I'm sorry to hear that, Rack.

I don't know what it is, but this guy is hard to dislike. I mean, I honestly feel sorry for him in a way I never felt sorry for some other backs who couldn't cut the mustard.

Maybe it's because he seems like such an affable chap, or that he always appears to give it all he's got, or that he became a Parcells Guy of sorts. Or how he reacted when it became clear he is NOT a world class feature back..he said he'd do anything asked of him to help the effort. No ego, no false pride, just suck it up resignation, w/o quitting.

One of those players you wish you could wave a magic wand over which would make him "all that".

Whatever happens, I hope there is a place for him on SOME nfl squad.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Well, just know that I did exaggerate just a little. He's was ok at FB to be honest. He can't catch nearly as good as Richie, and he's not as good of a blocker either. Plus he's obviously not as good of a runner. He is a good special teams player though.

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
not to rain on anyone's parade, but don't most RB's look like that when they're jumping over a defender (or something similar)? I do admit that Julius and Emmitt have similar builds... though maybe Julius is a little closer to Barry Sanders in this aspect IMO.

edit: nice sig ^^^^^^^^^^^^ ;)

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Rezz said:
I decided I wanted to see Julius stepping on AB's face. :)

Nice work. I twould be cool if you can stick a star on that helmet, and a cowboys jersey. :D