Interesting photos

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
not to rain on anyone's parade, but don't most RB's look like that when they're jumping over a defender (or something similar)? I do admit that Julius and Emmitt have similar builds... though maybe Julius is a little closer to Barry Sanders in this aspect IMO.

edit: nice sig ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yes, my sig rules. :D

I think Julius Jones has more of a similiar build to Travis Henry then he does to Emmitt or Barry.

Lifetimeboyzfan

Reaction score
Rack said:
I don't think Hambrick is much of a FB (he played a lot of FB two years ago). He plays FB the way I'd expect Doug Flutie to play FB, only with a lot less passion.

LOL good stuff!

jdnalls

Reaction score
AdamJT13 said:
76_emmitt-smith-houston.GIF

notre.jpg

Put them side-by-side in mid-air, and it's almost a mirror image.
Very eerie pick although I would love it if it in fact came true.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
"They wanted to get me and I wanted to be there," Jones said.
"I am going down there to prove something to a lot of people."

I certainly hope he does........ :)

Rockybehri

Reaction score
Rocky12 said:
Can anyone find a picture of Hambrick doing any move?

BTW, I bet if that were THam he would've probably tripped over AB. ;)

hambrickairsitout.jpg

Hambricktd.jpg

Hambrick.jpg

Touche' ?

Anyways, Its not like he didn't have any moves. Its that he rarley used them. :D

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Look again at the pics...Emmitt's eyes are down...I like how JJ is looking up.

Shaun

Reaction score
wayne_motley said:
Look again at the pics...Emmitt's eyes are down...I like how JJ is looking up.

But Emmitt's pic was taken with over 15000 yds of NFL experience. Give the man a little slack.

Hoffa

Benched
Reaction score
Why the hell is JJ jumping in that picture? There is nobody around him.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
AdamJT13 said:
Put them side-by-side in mid-air, and it's almost a mirror image.

They are errily similar in build and running style. Emmitt was a bit stronger if the squats he could do as a rookie are any indication. I really like Julius Jones alot. In fact I like all of the first day picks. I had watched them all a bit and thought they were all excellent pro prospects. Now day 2 guys? Other than watching Thornton get torched I couldnt tell you much. Thornton looked worse in college than Duane Goodrich though.

groo

Reaction score
Hoffa said:
Why the hell is JJ jumping in that picture? There is nobody around him.

he's not jumping. looks like he's about to make a cut back to his left and he's getting ready to plant his right foot.

I was pretty mad when they passed on Jackson, but now I'm warming up to Julius. I like the intensity in his eyes when he runs. Good players have that intensity. I was watching replays of Aikman and Steve Young and you can always see that fire in their eyes on every play.

jdnalls

Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
I wonder if there is any truth at all to the
th10.jpg
speculation Troy Hambrick will be utilized as a fullback next season. He certainly is a powerfully built dude.
Considering what type of FB's that Parcells uses it wouldn't surprise me at all.

TheHustler

Reaction score
Rockybehri said:
Hambrick.jpg

Touche' ?

Anyways, Its not like he didn't have any moves. Its that he rarley used them. :D

i dont think thats a move. i thnk thats t ham falling down.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Hambrick.jpg

You know what's sad? That weakass tackle probably brought Hambrick down.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
It also matters what year that pic of Julius was taken. He built himself up after his academic suspension. He's listed at 5-9 1/2 217, Emmitt came in as a rookie at 5-9 1/2 199 and then bulked up in later years. The Cardinals are listing Emmitt at 5-10 221(I've seen 203-209 in back issues) in last years Lindy's. Curtis Martin was 5-11 199 as a rookie and is now listed at 5-11 205(I've also seen 210 in back issues)

:)
Odd note to add is that Emmitt had to have E. Smith on his jersey because when he came in Vinson Smith was on the team.(He later had teammates: Kevin Smith and Darrin Smith too)

Well it looks like Julius will have to have J. Jones on his jersey since the Cowboys also drafted CB Nate Jones. :D

If anyone orders his number they may want to make sure it will be made just like his will.
Can the league keep up with the Smith's and the Jones's

jdnalls

Reaction score
speedkilz88 said:
It also matters what year that pic of Julius was taken. He built himself up after his academic suspension. He's listed at 5-9 1/2 217, Emmitt came in as a rookie at 5-9 1/2 199 and then bulked up in later years. The Cardinals are listing Emmitt at 5-10 221(I've seen 203-209 in back issues) in last years Lindy's. Curtis Martin was 5-11 199 as a rookie and is now listed at 5-11 205(I've also seen 210 in back issues)

:)
Odd note to add is that Emmitt had to have E. Smith on his jersey because when he came in Vinson Smith was on the team.(He later had teammates: Kevin Smith and Darrin Smith too)

Well it looks like Julius will have to have J. Jones on his jersey since the Cowboys also drafted CB Nate Jones. :D

If anyone orders his number they may want to make sure it will be made just like his will.
Can the league keep up with the Smith's and the Jones's
Nate Jones hasn't made the team yet.

So if that's the case then people needs to put their Julius Jones on hold because it just currently says Jones on it.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
jdnalls said:
Nate Jones hasn't made the team yet.

So if that's the case then people needs to put their Julius Jones on hold because it just currently says Jones on it.

I already ordered mine (he's from N.D. I couldn't resist). If there ends up being another Jones on the team, you better believe I'll be sending my jersey back for a replacement.

Mamba

RatisBeast
Reaction score
Rack said:
I already ordered mine (he's from N.D. I couldn't resist). If there ends up being another Jones on the team, you better believe I'll be sending my jersey back for a replacement.
Cool, i wanna get one. But not sure yet, can you convince me ? :D

jdnalls

Reaction score
Rack said:
Remember that guy Nate Jones that we also drafted?

You better hope he doesn't make the team. ;)