Interesting Rumor Floating Around the Combine Pertaining to Jerry's All-In Approach

kskboys

Reaction score

Jump to 5:35

Multiple people approached Rich Eisen to let him know it is believed Dak will not be getting an extension, and 2024 is it. Jerry’s All-in means they’re going make-or-break for Dak Prescott and just eating the cap hit incase it’s break.

Remember, Jimmy Johnson said he now has a seat at the table in the Cowboys organization and specifically brought up making decisions on McCarthy, Quinn, and Dak. What do you think Jimmy would tell Jerry to do with Dak? What did he do to Troy with Walsh? He found out what kind of QB he was with his feet to the fire.

These aren’t always the most reputable sources of the NFL insiders club, but it’s more interesting when he gets multiple sources from different places coming in with the same report.

I truly believe that Jimmy absolutely would not agree that paying Dak a huge salary is the right way forward.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
Aren’t they currently over the cap and have 9 days to get under? What’s the plan?
The plan for the genius front office is to run it back with the same team and a bunch of coaches and players on 1 year deals. I'm sure that locker room who already was contradicting one another(Tank vs Micah/Gilmore and Micah/Lewis) will be great once you add in a bunch of stars who thought they were getting deals. This front office is the stupidest front office, football wise.

tunahelper

Reaction score
J

Multiple people approached Rich Eisen to let him know it is believed Dak will not be getting an extension, and 2024 is it. Jerry’s All-in means they’re going make-or-break for Dak Prescott and just eating the cap hit incase it’s break.

Remember, Jimmy Johnson said he now has a seat at the table in the Cowboys organization and specifically brought up making decisions on McCarthy, Quinn, and Dak. What do you think Jimmy would tell Jerry to do with Dak? What did he do to Troy with Walsh? He found out what kind of QB he was with his feet to the fire.

These aren’t always the most reputable sources of the NFL insiders club, but it’s more interesting when he gets multiple sources from different places coming in with the same report.

Jerry is trying to get leverage. Dak will be resigned.

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
This is why Jerry irritates the hell out of me. He used the phrase "all in" knowing it would get tons of media and forum spin. Dude is a donkey

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

:muttley: Oh PAPPY you tried to warn them but thee had little faith.
No Tyron and I expect other losses like our C and teammates who want nothing to do with him are his weapons going into his prove it or lose it a year?
Dang I even feel sorry for Dak................Nah not really he deserves every once of the Pain we got hit with after his playoff debacles!!!!

sddefault.jpg

Last edited:

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

Key phrase: not building for the future

Could be "running it back" is to give the guys now their last chance, then blow it up clean next year, new coaching staff, new QB. Not gonna build for the future if you're blowing it up next year.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
And that’s exactly why Jerry would never put him back in the fold lol. Last thing he wants me is someone to get credit other then him lol.
I honestly don’t think he really cares about that part with Jimmy anymore. I do think Jimmy has his ear though, Jerry seemed really happy to be back in his life so to speak, so who knows.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hate to agree with you but the only way Dak gets an extension is if the Cowboys win a Super Bowl. Dak will be the biggest free agent BUST in the history of football in 2025.
Here fixed it for you...................... :cool:

McMicah

Reaction score
My dream scenario is that Dak feels disrespected and requests a trade before ATL gets Justin Fields, and Atlanta massively overpays in draft capital because they feel they can win right now with Dak

Chasing6

Reaction score
My dream scenario is that Dak feels disrespected and requests a trade before ATL gets Justin Fields, and Atlanta massively overpays in draft capital because they feel they can win right now with Dak
Definitely a dream.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
If this is true, then 2024 is a throwaway season, and Jerry knew it after the Green Bay game.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
Next year is a rebuilding year, don’t care what anyone says. Try and get two 1s for CD, try to get multiple 1s for Parsons, and get out of some bad contracts for a reset with Lance or qb in the draft
I've been saying that for almost, add Dak to that list

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Where have I been?

I'm still blown away by Jimmy's statement about being "back in the fold" and being on Jerry's "advisory board." I read the article and, I gotta say, it gave me goosebumps.

This could be huge-huge!

calm it down, its not huge, you probably wont see anything from it.