Interesting take on the Dak situation

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
If you were to be a t betting man, not sure if you are or not, how would you bet.
Discount or Not?
I'm pretty sure that's why Jerry is playing hardball and delaying an extension. Most likely working behind closed doors to get Dak to accept a discount.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that's why Jerry is playing hardball and delaying an extension. Most likely working behind closed doors to get Dak to accept a discount.
You assume Dak Prescott wants to continue playing for the Dallas Cowboys beyond 2024. It is more likely Jerry is going to have to pay a premium to get Dak to stay. At some point it becomes best for team and player to part ways. This seems like that time for Prescott and the Cowboys. Todd France is not going to give any NFL team a “discount” for Dak Prescott or any of his other clients. He’s a powerful agent with a client that has an NTC. The NTC is pointless if you can’t get your client to free agency. You think Jerry is playing hardball. I think Todd France isn’t playing. He’s working.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Agreed.....if you distil Dak Hater logic :lmao:
Where it the Dak hate in saying the comments from a guy who has never taken the field in an actual NFL game aren't nearly as meaningful as the words & actions of those who have?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You assume Dak Prescott wants to continue playing for the Dallas Cowboys beyond 2024. It is more likely Jerry is going to have to pay a premium to get Dak to stay. At some point it becomes best for team and player to part ways. This seems like that time for Prescott and the Cowboys. Todd France is not going to give any NFL team a “discount” for Dak Prescott or any of his other clients. He’s a powerful agent with a client that has an NTC. The NTC is pointless if you can’t get your client to free agency. You think Jerry is playing hardball. I think Todd France isn’t playing. He’s working.
Time will tell.

Steve007

Reaction score
Give your thoughts

After all this and the Cowboys extend Dak to a huge contract it would be a disaster. It would be insane to sign him now. What the cowboys are doing is what you do when you are going to move on.

Steve007

Reaction score
Not interesting at all.

This is Dak's last year in Dallas.

Accept it and move on.
I hope your right. What the Cowboys are doing indicates Dak is gone. But I don't trust the FO. They are dumb enough to go through and sign him at the last minute to the biggest contract in the NFL.

Steve007

Reaction score
Dak is more than welcome to leave. Good luck. He won't get the glitz, glamor and glory he gets off-the-field that he gets wearing a Cowboys uniform.
When Dak leaves the Cowboys he will be just another average quarterback that will disappear from the media.

Steve007

Reaction score
I really don't understand the idea from some posters on this forum that a player isn't talented enough to play for you at one price but you have no problem playing him if he settles for half price. Half price makes them a better player?
No it doesn't make you a better player to get less money. If you have player who is average and you pay him eite money, he is taking a big chunk of you salary cap. The average QB needs more talent around him to succeed. You cant get the talent around the average QB if there isn't enough cap because he is taking up too much of the cap. If the QB is able to carry a team with lesser talent it isn't as much of a problem.