Interesting trade rumor via the Ranch

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Rack said:
I think he's suppose to be flying. Hence the "Flies to the ball" part under the pic.

;)
yeah, I caught that. I was talking about the actual shot.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Well whether it's true or not...If the Cowboys want Carpenter they had better stay put and pick him and not get cute because he's NOT going to be there at 28!

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
ConcordCowboy said:
Well whether it's true or not...If the Cowboys want Carpenter they had better stay put and pick him and not get cute because he's NOT going to be there at 28!

I agree there... if Carpenter is the guy, don't get cute and end up losing him by moving down... New England may take him if we don't...

doomsday81

Reaction score
There's another aspect of this story that stinks. He uses Ernie Sims as his player that has to be on the board in order for a trade to happen. Well, we all know that Sims' draft stock has gone through the roof the past month and he's now been rumored to go as high as 10 to the Cardinals. The chances of him being on the board at 18 are very slim so he can then say, 'Well, Sims was off the board so the trade didn't happen." Nothing more than a ploy to get people to pay for made up stories.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
trickblue said:
I agree there... if Carpenter is the guy, don't get cute and end up losing him by moving down... New England may take him if we don't...

The Thing that Scares me about this is the Roy Williams move.

Jones got a Woody by moving down and Still getting his man...It won't happen again with Carpenter this low in the first round.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
doomsday81 said:
There's another aspect of this story that stinks. He uses Ernie Sims as his player that has to be on the board in order for a trade to happen. Well, we all know that Sims' draft stock has gone through the roof the past month and he's now been rumored to go as high as 10 to the Cardinals. The chances of him being on the board at 18 are very slim so he can then say, 'Well, Sims was off the board so the trade didn't happen." Nothing more than a ploy to get people to pay for made up stories.
I think you're under the impression this is an "article" from the ranch. It's not. It's a post from someone off their message board.

It's all speculation and I think everyone here is smart enuff to know that the only thing flying around here is crap until draft day.

turd.jpg

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
I think you're under the impression this is an "article" from the ranch. It's not. It's a post from someone off their message board.

It's all speculation and I think everyone here is smart enuff to know that the only thing flying around here is crap until draft day.

Or Bobby Carpenter. Technically, he's "Floating" around here, but close enough. :D

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
It is pretty likely that Holmes will still be on the board, I wonder who has the hots for him?

Wimbo

Reaction score
AdamJT13 said:
It most likely would be No. 18 for Nos. 28 and 60. Green Bay and Miami made almost an identical trade in 1998 (No. 19 for Nos. 29 and 60).

just for grins - in 1998:
#19 - Vonnie Holliday, DT

#29 - John Avery, RB
#60 - Charlie Batch, QB (by Detroit)

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
doomsday81 said:

You never know. A history of concussions could make some teams take them off their boards.

Pokes28

Reaction score
ConcordCowboy said:
The Thing that Scares me about this is the Roy Williams move.

Jones got a Woody by moving down and Still getting his man...It won't happen again with Carpenter this low in the first round.

He did it twice one year and got his man in Quincy Carter too. :bang2:

David Harrell - Pokes
dwh

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
I think AJ Hawk is a lagit 1st round graded LB.

Correct you are, but Hawk isn't part of the equation. He is a definite top five pick. I'll try to be more clear next time.

Pokes28

Reaction score
Wimbo said:
just for grins - in 1998:
#19 - Vonnie Holliday, DT

#29 - John Avery, RB
#60 - Charlie Batch, QB (by Detroit)

Uhm yeah. Talk about much ado about nothing.

"I'll trade you one higher priced turd for two lower priced turds."

David Harrell - Pokes
dwh