He did it twice one year and got his man in Quincy Carter too. :bang2:

David Harrell - Pokes
dwh

He traded back UP for Carter.

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
Cowboy from New York said:
Of course I don't expect you all to do the same, but as I said I wouldn't waste my time typing hot air.

Don't sweat it. Hot air is a specialty here.:)

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
Alexander said:
I think he did it twice also.:mad:

Jerry was out of his mind that day.

I don't think any GM or "drafter" has ever had a worse hour than Jerry did during the second round on that April afternoon in 2001. He was bouncing all over the place and ended up with Quincy and Dixon.

superpunk

Reaction score
Chief said:
ended up with Quincy and Dixon.

I just punched myself in the face.

What a dark time for the Boys....whatsay we NEVER return to that horrible place?

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
trickblue said:
It's so bad it's genius... :D

It's Gold Jerry... GOLD...

Great Seinfeld reference. :laugh2:

Anyone have any Ovaltine?

The Realist

Reaction score
Zaxor said:
agreed that would give us 3 picks in the top 60..not bad

That would worry me unless we have strong, strong indications that the guy we want will be there at 28.

I'd be more inclined to move down even lower than 28 if we were getting a 2007 1st rounder and something else this year.

Roy 8, Gurode 37, Bryant 63.

Dangerous game........I need more incentive or certainty that our guy will be there.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Pokes28 said:
He did it twice one year and got his man in Quincy Carter too. :bang2:

David Harrell - Pokes
dwh

Did you Have to say That?:D

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
superpunk said:
I just punched myself in the face.

What a dark time for the Boys....whatsay we NEVER return to that horrible place?

AMEN Brother!

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
1. Why would a team make public their intentions to an assistant public relations director?

2. We all know Parcells would be char-broiling the dallas employee who made this public.

It didn't come from Dallas.

3. Why would Dallas tell a team their intentions with other teams?

4. Why wiould a team make a deal if a specific player was at 18 without knowing who was taken first so they could trade down further and maybe get him for less?

Meaning make the trade on draft day and not a week before.

5. Why would Dallas commit. What if a team called and the possibility of A J Hawk could be had for a trade up with limited this year liability?

We don't know and neither do they.

I read this and dismissed it.

I have a friend that works for the Olympic Committee who say Wilma Rudolph will make a comeback this next Olympic Games .

Go to Vegas and bet heavy on that.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
TwoDeep3 said:
1. Why would a team make public their intentions to an assistant public relations director?

2. We all know Parcells would be char-broiling the dallas employee who made this public.

It didn't come from Dallas.

3. Why would Dallas tell a team their intentions with other teams?

4. Why wiould a team make a deal if a specific player was at 18 without knowing who was taken first so they could trade down further and maybe get him for less?

Meaning make the trade on draft day and not a week before.

5. Why would Dallas commit. What if a team called and the possibility of A J Hawk could be had for a trade up with limited this year liability?

We don't know and neither do they.

I read this and dismissed it.

I have a friend that works for the Olympic Committee who say Wilma Rudolph will make a comeback this next Olympic Games .

Go to Vegas and bet heavy on that.

I pretty much agree with that TD3... although you may have to explain to some of these youngsters who the heck Wilma Rudolph is... ;)

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
If we did trade with Jacksonville, Thomas Howard will still be there, I heard we brought him in for a visit and I think Bill coached his Father, he's at an area of need, so put 2 and 2 together.

silver

Reaction score
Rack said:
http://img183.*************/img183/1291/bctoilet4zj.gif

:D

Edit: yes, I know I suck at photoshopping.
:bow: :laugh2:
i thought it was pretty funny myself. excelent work.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
If we swap 18 for 28 and 60 it would not at all suprise me to see us move back up to the high 20s and give up 60 for the other teams 4th.

Reason I consider that possible is the team will have idenitied 4 or 5 guys they are targeting and dropping down because a few are still available. I doubt they's last a full 10 selections but they may very well last 5. Dallas could essentially set up 3 or 4 on the clock trades then pull the trigger when it was down to 1 or 2 guys on their list left.

BlueStar II

Reaction score
If...and that's a big "if"...we did trade down with Jax, then I think it's safe to say that our targetted area will clearly shift from LB as many here, including myself, feel we're initially looking at. I wouldn't like to see us drop all the way down from 18 to the 28th spot, we're talking about dropping down roughly 1/3 of the draft order. However, if Parcells did do that, I really hope we get more than just one additional pick to show for going down that far though.

SacredStar

Reaction score
Copied this off another board.....pure speculation:

Over the last 4 days, cowboys owner Jerry Jones and Coach Bill Parcells have been working hard on a potential trade involving the number 18 overall pick in this year's draft. The Cowboys have come into contact with the Chiefs, Buccaneers, Jaguars and the Jets about the possibility of swapping draft picks. These are contingent on Santonio Holmes, Ernie Simms, or Manny Lawson being on the board at 18. Also, "if" and it's a big if IMO, Florida State OLB Ernie Simms is still on the board at #18, there is ALREADY a deal in place that would involve Dallas and Jacksonville exchanging Draft Picks.

Dallas & KC:

Dallas trades #18 in first round (900 pts) for KC's #20 in first round (850) + #154 in fifth round + #186 in 6th round.

Dallas & TB:

Dallas trades #18(900) for #23(760) and #90 in third round (140).

Dallas & NYJ:

Dallas trades #18 (900) for #29 (640) + #71 in third round (235) + # 211 in 7th round ( .

Dallas & Jax:

Dallas trades #18 (900) for #28 (660) + #85 in the third (165) + #125 in the 4th (47) + #160 in the 5th (2 .

Or Dallas trades #18 and gets #28 and #60 in the second. We'd have to give them back at least our 5th and 6th probably.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Tampa Bay - Carpenter at #23 + extra third to work with.

2. Jax - Dallas would get their 1st, 3rd, 4th and 5th. That would be something. The second scenario with them gets their 2nd, but would cost us something else, like switching our thirds (our #80 for their #92).

3. NYJ - Getting an earlier third could help us with either FS or OL, but our first rounder is more of a question. Interesting if a WR like Jackson or Moss was there.

4. KC - Don't like this...although we should get the player we want at #20, just getting a 5th and 6th (they don't have a 4th) is not appealing to me.