Video: Interview with George Iloka

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Can someone who listened to this give some cliff notes of things of interest??

MCMetal69

Reaction score
Chido is a glider. He shows very little effort out there. I can’t remember a high pick that has diverged more from his scouting report. Guy was supposed to be a dawg. In Dallas he has become a very lazy entitled player.

And it took the last game of the year when he was being burned by mutt nobodies on Philthy that the coaching staff finally caught on.............:facepalm:

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Two issues:
1. Jerry hired Wade because Wade was easy to control.
2. Wade did NOT fail because of Jerry inserting himself into coaching issues.
-- Wade failed because Jerry hired him to do a job that Wade had already proven that he could not handle (being a Head Coach).

Stephen Jones is obviously running the football operations now.
- The only requirement is to give Jerry first dibs at any camera or radio mic time and to update Jerry enough that he can pretend to know what it going on.

It is yet to be proven if Stephen Jones can get the job done, but it is very obvious that he is running the football operations.
- Dumping Garrett was the final proof that SJ is in control. Jerry would have re-signed Garrett.
- SJ was already doing all big contract negotiations (DLaw's agent only met Jerry once and that was at a photo shoot).
- SJ was already handling free agency his way (minimal spending).
- SJ was already running the draft (Martin over Manziel. No trade-up for QB Paxton Lynch, etc..).

Recap of things Jerry would NOT do if making decisions all on his own:
- Firing Garrett.
- Drafting an OL over Johnny Football.
- Not trading up for a QB that Jerry openly lamented not trading up for after that draft (Paxton Lynch).
- Not spending big in free agency in years when they have significant cap space.
- Cutting Dez before Dez had spent several years being mediocre to bad.
- Not offering Witten a mega-contract when Witten "retired" to go to ESPN.
- Letting Dak continue to start over Romo playing on a big contract.
I'm going to need to see more evidence...

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Idiots on here assuming just because Richard ismt employed means its because he cant be. Clown Garrett apologists disgust me

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Mike Nolan sometimes played a Safety as the Nickel CB.

And Woods was pretty good when he played the nickel role as a rookie.

Be kind of weird if our initial preseason lineup until the rookies develop is:

RCB Jourdan Lewis
LCB Anthony Brown
NCB Xavier Woods
RS Chidobe Awuzie
LS Ha Ha Clinton Dix

Daryl Worley might mix in there somewhere over one of those since he's also a vet, or we may just throw Diggs in the fire right off the bat.

ghst187

Reaction score
41:00

This is where the gold starts. Talks about Richard not wanting him to disguise the coverage. Iloka asked “You want them to know we are in cover 3?”. Richard said “Yes, thats our Defense”.

Richard and JG sound very like minded!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If this is true and I see no reason why it shouldn’t be I owe Rod a apology. I blamed him for holding Richard hostage.....wasn’t the case. Seems like Richard and co. Bought into the JG way of things and screwed them.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:hammer:
Anyway.....thanks for the breakdown...and time marks.....busying working today...or I would have done this....just didn't want this gold to slip through unnoticed. Just goes to show how badly we were being coached up last year.
FIFY: Just goes to show how badly we were being coached up the last few years!

kskboys

Reaction score
Funny thing is, despite the height, Lewis is more of an outside CB and Chido is more of a slot CB type. But, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, we will play them where we want to. Scouts don't know anything anyways.

kskboys

Reaction score
And Woods was pretty good when he played the nickel role as a rookie.

Be kind of weird if our initial preseason lineup until the rookies develop is:

RCB Jourdan Lewis
LCB Anthony Brown
NCB Xavier Woods
RS Chidobe Awuzie
LS Ha Ha Clinton Dix

Daryl Worley might mix in there somewhere over one of those since he's also a vet, or we may just throw Diggs in the fire right off the bat.
Diggs will start.