Video: Interview with George Iloka

Paradox

Reaction score
So, wait. Richard wasn’t an amazing coach just because he yelled at everybody and fought with Eagles players in warmups? Because I was told that’s what we needed over and over and over again. It’s almost like the mob worked itself up and ran off in a direction regarding a coach with absolutely no idea whatsoever what it was talking about.

And now we’re in the part where we pretend that didn’t really happen and let’s just move on because it’s in the past. I feel like maybe we’ve seen this script before.

On a completely unrelated note: have you guys noticed how amazing Mike McCarthy is? It’s like night and day around here since he’s been hired. We signed those two veteran DTs whose names I recognize and then also got lucky in the draft. That’s what I’m talking about!

That seems to happen a lot around here. Coaches aren't the only thing that sets our mob mentality into motion, either. We are also capable of misjudging great players, tearing down radio and TV personalities, and aiming our posterior declamations toward franchise owners and their immediate families all the way down to their grandsons.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who was the head coach that oversaw Richard and was his boss by the way? I’m drawing a blank.

You’re not drawing a blank! You spent years and years twisting reality and ignoring results to justify hating on him. You’re not fooling me.

But that’s history. Right now we’re pretending the new guy is changing everything and we can’t believe how lucky we are. It’ll be months before we’re back ready to blame the HC for everything.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm just so happy Clappy and his band of losers are all gone:thumbup:

On a side note, I think its hilarious that some of Clappy's apologist are still trying to make the claim that we didnt lose because of coaching.:laugh:

Probably because we didn’t. And what’s more, the mob knows it.

Quick: how many games does this team win in 2020? Include the premium for the huge coaching upgrade, the finally bringing in some DTs, and for the great draft. Do we make it to a Superbowl or just the Conference Championship? After all, you think we lost because of coaching. So how far should we realistically expect to go?!? And is it at all surprising to hear the majority of our fans throwing out 8-8 to 10-6? Because that’s where we were with all the coaching liabilities, remember.

ESisback

Reaction score
We finished last year at 8-8. We had enough talent to finish with 12 or more wins, so why didn’t we? IMHO, we lost at least one game because of terrible ST. Another loss or two is common—bad officiating and/or plain old bad luck. The other 5 or 6 losses are because of coaching—Garrett’s poor, in-game adjustments and Richard’s predictable and unchangeable Cover 3.

We know it’s common to be optimistic before each season, but for the first time in a long while, it feels less like wishful thinking.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If this is true and I see no reason why it shouldn’t be I owe Rod a apology. I blamed him for holding Richard hostage.....wasn’t the case. Seems like Richard and co. Bought into the JG way of things and screwed them.

Iloka said that Richard wanted to show 8 in the box and tempt teams to pass.

He said Zimmer and George Edwards want to show 7 in the box and tempt teams to run.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think Chido would be more of a nickel S/CB as opposed to the starting S. Woods has good range and now that he’s only going to be playing half the field as opposed to single high, he should be even better.

X is a pure FS, would say a lot if Chido was good enough at it to take his spot.

Who is the FS in 2-deep...

stilltheguru

Reaction score
You’re not drawing a blank! You spent years and years twisting reality and ignoring results to justify hating on him. You’re not fooling me.

But that’s history. Right now we’re pretending the new guy is changing everything and we can’t believe how lucky we are. It’ll be months before we’re back ready to blame the HC for everything.
You want us to blame him to prove you right. Mcarthy leading us to a conference championship game would ruin your plan. Youre a loser so invested in being correct about Garrett like youre related to him

lostar2009

Reaction score
This is so old that's it crazy. Those boys really get to the truth to a lot of stuff. So I don't argue much with ppl on here about stuff.

HungryLion

Reaction score

I take umbrage with the twisting reality and ignoring results comments. I know exactly what the results were. Not good enough.

And that’s the thing. I don’t “blame the HC for everything”. But I do think they are ultimately accountable for the end result. Fair or not. That comes with the territory of being a football head coach. That’s the way it is.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I take umbrage with the twisting reality and ignoring results comments. I know exactly what the results were. Not good enough.

And that’s the thing. I don’t “blame the HC for everything”. But I do think they are ultimately accountable for the end result. Fair or not. That comes with the territory of being a football head coach. That’s the way it is.

It does. I didn’t have an issue with Garrett not being extended. He came up short in a contract year. That’s what happens. My issue is just with evaluations of coaches yo-yoing all over the place from year to year as if it were the coaches, and not the fans, fluctuating wildly.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You want us to blame him to prove you right. Mcarthy leading us to a conference championship game would ruin your plan. Youre a loser so invested in being correct about Garrett like youre related to him

Your farting noises aside, I actually like McCarthy and have said several times that I expect our team to perform at a similar level next year to the level we’ve been performing at since 2014. He’s a good coach, and our issues haven’t been with coaching.

I’m not the one talking out of both sides of my mouth pretending we’ve both upgraded significantly and that for some reason it won’t necesssrily show up on the field.

817Gill

Reaction score
Who is the FS in 2-deep...
Well traditional FS/SS roles are kind of out the window in this defense, but if you’re asking who the two CF type guys that would be patrolling each deep half in those looks are it would be X and Haha.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Idiots on here assuming just because Richard ismt employed means its because he cant be. Clown Garrett apologists disgust me

There is a group of people on here that think coaching doesn’t matter or that Garrett’s bland brand of football at the highest level of football was putting us in the best position to win.

Garrett is the king of mediocrity. He can make good teams mediocre and bad teams mediocre. It’s just his brand of football.

Predictable bland arrogant football.

817Gill

Reaction score
There is a group of people on here that think coaching doesn’t matter or that Garrett’s bland brand of football at the highest level of football was putting us in the best position to win.

Garrett is the king of mediocrity. He can make good teams mediocre and bad teams mediocre. It’s just his brand of football.

Predictable bland arrogant football.
Wish you’d apply this understanding of coaching deficiency to Dak lol. You don’t think this coaching has hindered him in ways? Can you see him taking a step forward with better coaching?

If so, don’t you see the team taking a step forward?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Wish you’d apply this understanding of coaching deficiency to Dak lol. You don’t think this coaching has hindered him in ways? Can you see him taking a step forward with better coaching?

If so, don’t you see the team taking a step forward?

It hindered Romo too but Romo was still a playmaker at the QB position and could turn water into wine at times.

Dak is just Dak. He’s neutral at the QB position. Stuck in 3rd gear. Blah.

I want some flair.. I want some prolific passing. I want a QB that opponents know can tear up their secondary.

The only way Dak gets better is if the coaching starts scheming players open.

HungryLion

Reaction score
It does. I didn’t have an issue with Garrett not being extended. He came up short in a contract year. That’s what happens. My issue is just with evaluations of coaches yo-yoing all over the place from year to year as if it were the coaches, and not the fans, fluctuating wildly.

I hear ya. A lot of people were riding the Redball Express when the cowboys were ripping off an 11 game win streak in 2016.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
This begs the question: ARE JERRY AND STEPHEN TOO STUPID TO BE NFL OWNERS???

They are good business men and good people for sure however when you are the owner and the GM at the same time you start to involve your emotion in the decision making and that is a recipe for disaster. wearing too many hats is not good
......you see companies usually hire a CEO or someone to run the show....but not our guys.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Funny thing is, despite the height, Lewis is more of an outside CB and Chido is more of a slot CB type. But, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, we will play them where we want to. Scouts don't know anything anyways.
Yep. All because Awuzie is 2 inches taller than Lewis and he fit the “prototype” boundary corner better Jourdan.

Nevermind that Lewis is better outside and Chido is better inside and playing forward.

Trying to adapt players to your system instead of the other way around, just pisses me off.