Introducing the Worked-Shoot Era of WWE

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
WWE executive/on-air COO Triple H discussed changes to WWE's talent development process and his new movie, "Inside Out," on Fox Business channel Wednesday morning.

The interview was also notable for zero attempt to push through the "sports entertainment" verbiage to describe WWE's "core product." The words "wrestling" or "wrestler" were used ten times during Hunter's five-minute interview - five mentions by the Fox hosts and five mentions by Triple H.

The majority of the interview focused on Hunter's talent development initiative. He described it as: "It's my job to create new talent, bring young guys up, train them, and help them become stars in the business, and help guide them along their way to becoming big stars."

http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/WWE_News_3/article_53038.shtml

Ren

Reaction score
I hope Raw this week was a sign of things to come reminded me a little of what it used to be. Hopefully these mixed Raw/Smackdown shows are here to stay cause they really don't have enough talent right now to carry both shows separately

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Ren;4091022 said:
I hope Raw this week was a sign of things to come reminded me a little of what it used to be. Hopefully these mixed Raw/Smackdown shows are here to stay cause they really don't have enough talent right now to carry both shows separately

Yea last weeks "supershows" were pretty good. Raw was ok this week but Orton definitely needs to come back to Raw.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Ren;4091022 said:

Your 100% right, they don't.

Caught a clip of the truth v punk match and miz/truth promo pre-match on youtube. Was pretty good.

That idiot was back on this week so can't watch anymore. He's such a good heel he stops people from watching the show! Wow thats exactly what the doctor ordered for WWE!!!

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I'm half tempted to watch every minute of every week that Del Rio is on just to try and help keep him as one of the focuses of the showm the fact that someone doesn't watch because of one person is hilarious.

DallasGirl50

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;4095902 said:
I'm half tempted to watch every minute of every week that Del Rio is on just to try and help keep him as one of the focuses of the showm the fact that someone doesn't watch because of one person is hilarious.

ADR is doing fine. He's a good wrestler & a hard worker.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
zrinkill;4091027 said:
Yea last weeks "supershows" were pretty good.
The Tuesday edition of Smackdown was especially great.

Of course I could be bias. After all, it was in my hometown. :D

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score

DallasGirl50

Reaction score
big dog cowboy;4095944 said:
The Tuesday edition of Smackdown was especially great.

Of course I could be bias. After all, it was in my hometown. :D

did you attend the show?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DallasGirl50;4096048 said:
did you attend the show?

I did not only watched. From talking to the guys at work that went, everyone was very happy with the show.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DallasGirl50;4095922 said:
ADR is doing fine. He's a good wrestler & a hard worker.

http://i1206.***BLOCKED***/albums/bb443/laurennnx34/alberto.gif

DallasGirl50

Reaction score
big dog cowboy;4096325 said:
I did not only watched. From talking to the guys at work that went, everyone was very happy with the show.

the live shows are fun. Glad your friends had a good time. I have only watched about half of the show so far.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
DallasGirl50;4096384 said:
the live shows are fun. Glad your friends had a good time. I have only watched about half of the show so far.

Me and a couple of my friends are taking my son to his first live show on the October 10th edition for RAW. He's a huge Cena mark, of course, and it's a surprise that he won't find out about until his birthday on the 23rd of this month.

DallasGirl50

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;4096929 said:
Me and a couple of my friends are taking my son to his first live show on the October 10th edition for RAW. He's a huge Cena mark, of course, and it's a surprise that he won't find out about until his birthday on the 23rd of this month.

I'm jealous! Sounds like fun. I bet your son thinks you're the coolest dad ever. The live shows are loud & fun. Your son will love to see Cena & you bigger boys can check out the divas..:->

Ren

Reaction score
WWE has not released Mistico yet and they're turning (Hunico) fake Sin Cara heel. that can really only mean one of 2 things.

Either there's going to be a Sin Cara/Sin Cara feud in the near future, the "I am the real Sin Cara" comment in perfect English after the match kinda suggests that (Hunico is from El Paso Texas)

Or, realizing they call pull of a switch on the Mexican fans they're simply turning him heel to try to explain away the massive amounts of boos he's gonna get in Mexico when they go on tour there

Was reading El hijo del Santo's blog which had a pretty intersting story on how he claims Mistico stole the Mistico gimmic from Hunico in Mexico. There's seems to be a long history between the 2 with lots of genuine bad blood so a Sin Cara/ Sin Cara mask vs mask match could be an even bigger draw then belting Del Rio if they're looking to gain popularity south of the border.

DallasGirl50

Reaction score
I am guessing they'll put them against each other...they had a Taker/Fake Taker many years ago & it was fun. I don't remember now who the Fake Taker was but he was a friend of Mark's...somebody on here will remember. He passed on a few years ago.